Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Anime Vs Manga Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CattLazy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:39 pm
In your opinion what is better the Sailor Moon Anime or Manga?

I have to say the manga is better they did not show Bunny as a crybaby the whole time. She grew up and learned to deal with things. They also explained who Sailor Chibi Chibi moon ((not going to tell unless some one asks)) really is better than the show. In general I the story line in the manga much better than the TV show story line.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:57 pm
I actually kind of hate when people ask this question... confused

In my opinion, both are very different, and they each have their appeals. Personally, I prefer watching anime, but then again, it's extremely difficult for me to acquire the manga where I live (for a decent price, anyway).

Although the storyline in the anime was a little butchered, I still think I like it better. But then again, my opinion is a little bit biased, as I grew up watching the anime, and only discovered the manga a few years ago. Also, I haven't had the chance to read/watch the StarS season, so there's a big hole in my SM pool of knowledge. And from what I do know about it, the manga and anime are fairly different.

I really don't like how they refer to her as 'Bunny' in the manga...why not just use Usagi?? I know it means the same thing, but to someone who doesn't speak Japanese, it sounds a little more...exotic, for a lack of better words.

+Trynyti+

yume_miko

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:57 pm
i'm sad that sailor moon the anime was butchered so much because of it being a kids show, because it could have been alto better with the full storyline of the magna, thus making it longer. ^_^ i do like all the detail in the magna, but alas i have to say i do like the anime the way it is. like the other person said, they both had their appeals. i can't choose one over the other.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:31 am
I don't like the manga. & I don't like the english dub to the anime either. D; Unless it's the uncut version or something.

Other then that I still love Sailor Moon. <33

[ Handcuffs ]

Nettie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:27 am
I love them both a lot, but personally? I prefer the manga. And I don't really know why.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:55 am
I think the manga gives a better story. But I love watching the anime. It makes me laugh.  

Kelso

Precious Cat

7,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Sailor-Rei

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:21 pm
anime's art is better but you cant beat the original manga and inspired it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:19 pm
Well for me I think the anime is better because I never read the magna, but I am sure if I read it I would like it a whole lot mrgreen  

Phoenix_17

x Amethyst Rose x

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:21 am
Well, sadly I never had the chance to read the manga until this year when I downloaded it >.< So for 10-11 years, I was all for the anime. After reading the manga though, I'd have to say I like that version A WHOLE lot better.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:41 pm
I like both but I have to agree the manga is better because she isn't as big a cry baby  

bluewhale9

Avia-Terpsichore

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:25 am
To be honest, I really love both, but I feel like the manga got more in depth with the characters...Sometimes it was vague and hard to follow, but the manga definitely had better "final battles". I was reeeeaaaally dissapointed when I saw the Stars ending in the anime. I think they just messed up with making Chibi Chibi what they made her (I'm not going to say in case people don't know) and the whole Galaxia being the other thing that I'm not going to say was just BS. Oooooh and I was also mad about the SuperS ending in the anime...I mean, WTF was that?? Everyone lying unconscious on the ground while after the whole Golden Crystal thing and then Sailor Mon freaking JUMPING OFF THE ROCK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SKY???? Laaaaaaaaaaaame. What the hell happened to the Golden Crystal belonging to MAMO-CHAN??? Ughhhhhhhhhhhh. Just thinking about it annoys me...Yeah...Mamoru was such a wuss in the anime. In the manga he at least did more than throw roses around...He was powerful on his OWN.
The anime succeeded in making the plotlines last longer with the whole monster of the week thing, and it also fleshed out the villains into more than just one chapter appearances who get finished off in less than ten pages...With a few exceptions (Diamond, the Shitennou, the Quartet), the manga villains who weren't the big "boss" just existed to be destroyed. But in a sense, that has its appeal too...Like I didn't cry in the manga when Zoisite died, because I didn't give a crap about him like I did in the anime (I was eight when I saw "her" die, okay). Maybe I'm just really fond of the Amazon Trio.(I loooove Hawk's Eye!!!!). I think that the anime fleshed out the villains partly at the expense of the main characters. For instance, Minako, while entertaining, didn't show the "leader" side of her personality often at all, reducing her sometimes to no more than comic relief. I don't knowwwww...Maybe I'm just rambling...Jeez, that was a waste of typing, I don't really have an answer to the original question! I always get confused when I talk about this...For those of you who actually READ this whole post, I'm impressed you had the patience! xd xd  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:51 pm
Well, personally, i like anime cause i can't really get the manga but i bet if i do it will be cool to read cause i luv manga but right now i can only watch anime cause that's all i have time for. sweatdrop  

shadownightmare666

mintycho

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:53 am
i have to say the anime is better, the manga has very little to it it's like a short story, but it has it's good things. so i unstand why some people like it more that the anime. PGSM is closer to thew manga.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:10 am
i like the anime, but the manga is better  

firebeauty

o c e a n filled

Eloquent Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:37 am
I suppose, in some ways, this is a silly question. Though similar to the manga, the anime is, in many ways, something entirely different. I like them both, but for different reasons. I find the anime has better character development, mostly because it's longer than the manga. However, I prefer the storyline in the manga that sometimes gets lost in the anime, especially in the Stars season. To be honest, though, Sailor Moon is one of the only franchises in which I enjoy both the anime and the manga. I would shoot myself before watching the Death Note anime, but I love reading the manga. At least until it went to the shitter. Oh well.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff