40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Hyemia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:34 pm
is it really true?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:49 pm
Yes that is very quite true.

But not alot will you see in certain places.

I am one myself and been breaking for about 2 years now.

I've been to alot of dance offs and met alot of other asians who can break, most of which are korean. But that's only when i go up north. Down here where I live in Florida, has not that many asian breakers or any at all. I'm one out of 100 to be one down here in Plant City Florida.

So you see, not all asians you see are breakers.. But it's a rare chance to get to see one.

[-Veon-]

Hyemia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:04 pm
yeah thats kewl. i'm still learning how to breakd though. not really good yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:12 pm
as in break dancers, yea?
It's just a popularity thing, especially among the youth and because of hip-hop culture.  

Myako
Vice Captain

[-Veon-]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:28 pm
There are alot of posers though. That hurts me alot. people who think they are true bboys and cant even break for crap.

I'm good but not that good. But in a couple of years i will be a pro at it. Right now I'm good enough to battle people 3 years older than I am.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:41 pm
[-Veon-]
There are alot of posers though. That hurts me alot. people who think they are true bboys and cant even break for crap.

I'm good but not that good. But in a couple of years i will be a pro at it. Right now I'm good enough to battle people 3 years older than I am.

You make it sound like a profession at your age razz  

Myako
Vice Captain

[-Veon-]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:47 pm
Myako
[-Veon-]

well I am good. o__O
2 years of intense training.. of course.

just not as good as those on T.V. and movies. <<

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:48 pm
[-Veon-]

haha you wish! i dunt pose as other peoples!! hahahaha itll be hecka funny if you get caught posing! ill be lmfao!! hahaha  

Ke_Lanh_Lung

Myako
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:53 pm
[-Veon-]
Myako
[-Veon-]

well I am good. o__O
2 years of intense training.. of course.

just not as good as those on T.V. and movies. <<

What's your definition of intense training? XD I don't know anything about the break dancing culture. A friend of mine has been doing it for 17 years now, and he's still learning. I guess it's just another one of those hobbies people have.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:09 pm
my uncle's a biotch. he's teaching me all these moves that i can't keep up. so I'm gonna stop breaking for a while and just stick with c-walking and freestyling.

2 years meaning building up my stamina and my upper body so I'm able to lift up my own body wieght easily. the only move i can't get right is the windmill. my legs always seem to hit the floor everytime i try to swing it around.

i watch alot of dance step videos just to try and get some moves right. @o@ zomg how noobish of me. well i am a noob at it. :]

[-Veon-]

Myako
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:15 pm
[-Veon-]
my uncle's a biotch. he's teaching me all these moves that i can't keep up. so I'm gonna stop breaking for a while and just stick with c-walking and freestyling.

2 years meaning building up my stamina and my upper body so I'm able to lift up my own body wieght easily. the only move i can't get right is the windmill. my legs always seem to hit the floor everytime i try to swing it around.

i watch alot of dance step videos just to try and get some moves right. @o@ zomg how noobish of me. well i am a noob at it. :]

ahh, i see. What I really like to see is good foot-work. People tend to overlook it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:42 pm
in my opinion its not the matter of how many asians break, but how many of them took it far enough to make a mark in that field. dont u guys think that because there r so many "asian" breakers, that there should be more of us that should be pros? i dunno if there are cuz that aint my thing, but i would think its dumb if there r so many "asian" breakers, but rarely any asian pros. cuz wouldnt that show that asians lack the talent in breaking?  

oOtraciOo

[-Veon-]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:04 am
oOtraciOo
in my opinion its not the matter of how many asians break, but how many of them took it far enough to make a mark in that field. dont u guys think that because there r so many "asian" breakers, that there should be more of us that should be pros? i dunno if there are cuz that aint my thing, but i would think its dumb if there r so many "asian" breakers, but rarely any asian pros. cuz wouldnt that show that asians lack the talent in breaking?

true...But, it doesnt matter if your a pro or not.. as long as you have the determination and the will to express yourself.. your more than just a bboy or a dancer.. you're an originality to everyone and it shows you that you have personality. I dont dance to impress people.. i dance to express people and tell them that.. I actually love to dance and freestyle.

So, it would not show that asians lack the talent in breakdancing. It actually shows that asians are just also part of the human being that love to express themselves in the hip hop culture.
so basically.. you shouldnt place "asian" breakdancers as "asian" brekadancers but just plain old .."breakdancers".

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:36 am
[-Veon-]
oOtraciOo

true...But, it doesnt matter if your a pro or not.. as long as you have the determination and the will to express yourself.. your more than just a bboy or a dancer.. you're an originality to everyone and it shows you that you have personality. I dont dance to impress people.. i dance to express people and tell them that.. I actually love to dance and freestyle.

So, it would not show that asians lack the talent in breakdancing. It actually shows that asians are just also part of the human being that love to express themselves in the hip hop culture.
so basically.. you shouldnt place "asian" breakdancers as "asian" brekadancers but just plain old .."breakdancers".

even those that dont want to be reconigzed...will be for their talents. it happens every day,it proves itself. i'm sure u do it for your own personal reasons and originality, but those r the ones that should stand out. that's wat im saying. its not for the fame and fortune and stuff...thats just a bonus that comes with the talent.
and...btw...its not I that catagorized "asian" breakers. i only streach the word. but it was catagorized in the title of this thread.  

oOtraciOo

[-Veon-]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:43 am
oOtraciOo
[-Veon-]
oOtraciOo

even those that dont want to be reconigzed...will be for their talents. it happens every day,it proves itself. i'm sure u do it for your own personal reasons and originality, but those r the ones that should stand out. that's wat im saying. its not for the fame and fortune and stuff...thats just a bonus that comes with the talent.
and...btw...its not I that catagorized "asian" breakers. i only streach the word. but it was catagorized in the title of this thread.

Oh yeah I see what chu mean. Yeah sure. fame is a good thing and there is alot of famous asian breakers so over all, it's all good. =w=
I can even name some famous guys and even girls. Yes there are famoius asian bgirls. its not only the guys who breakdance if you didn't know. :]

Hmong Threads/History Subforum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff