Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:09 pm
User Image

Vocal : Kousei
Guitar : Hisui
Guitar : Yura
Bass : Zero
Drums : Kisara

Unlike many of the contemporary visual bands, GHOST does not aim at a nu-metal/hardcore sound. Instead, they create their own universe made up of energetic yet melodic pieces. Their songs often contain influences of gothic and horror, yet they're never aggressive; they just have a very dark, leaden atmosphere.

Despite the fact GHOST is a newcomer to the scene, their sound is of high quality. It can also be described as rather old-school Visual-kei, due to its heavy accented-melodies, the prominent place of the rhythm section and a charismatic singer whose voice stands out as having a distinctive timbre.

BIOGRAPHY
GHOST was created around February 2004. The original line-up consisted of Kousei (ex.Kress Devia) on vocals, Hisui (ex.Cryella) and Syo~ji on guitars and Rin (ex.Lilith+Noir and DEViL KiTTY) on drums. In May 2004, the bassist Zero (ex. Kar'MariA and Girotin) joined the band, and thus the line up was complete. The band officially begun activities on December 15th, when they debuted live at Takadanobaba AREA. On the same day, they released their first single higyaku no shiro, which presented a surprisingly mature sound for a band who had only just started. Still in December they played a few more gigs in livehouses around Tokyo.

2005 began with more events, and the band often returned to the livehouse their debut took place at. On May 10th they participated in an event with Calmando Qual, SIN and Gimikku. It was also the release date of a second single, kousouku no kan.

Halfway through the year, Syo~ji and Rin left the band. Fortunately new members were found rather quickly - in July they were joined by the drummer Yu (ex.Delta Ark), and in August by the guitarist Yura (ex.DEVIL KITTY). Sadly, after only 3 months Yu left the band on November 31st and for the following half a year GHOST continued to play without an official drummer.

His departure didn't seem to discourage the remaining members, and on December 15th they performed their first one man live at Takadanobaba AREA, which was called Theater of Haunted Carnival. Less than a week later their first mini-album entitled Bi-zarre Collector was released.

In May 10th 2006 a new single, For Dear, saw daylight. It brought a novelty into their discography because the CD came with a DVD featuring their first video clip. A few days earlier they played their second one man live, during which the band's new drummer, Kisara, was presented to the fans for the first time. Little by little, the band's popularity continued to grow, and before the end of the year they played another one man and a few days later, on December 20th, they finally released their first full album, tsumi to batsu.

February 2007 witnessed the release of their first DVD, which contained PVs, and there's already a next one man show scheduled for April.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:15 pm
i like my chemical romance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Nacho_Popa

Phaid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:12 pm
Nacho_Popa
i like my chemical romance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... uhm.... I do too, but this is a jrock forum and mcr doth not equal jrock. ^_^0

Anywho, Yeah, I like this band quite a bit too. I checked them out after seeing an add for their shows in almost all of CURE and SHOXX magazines. And I was happy I did. ^_^

They have a good range to them. They go from your mid-tempo VK stuff so a harder, heavy side of rock.

I'll Post some links to their PV's. ^_^

For Dear

Yurikago wa Madoromi

Psycho Escape (this is the heavier, harder side of their music I was talking about)

FF

Fear Kousei and his pikachuness!~
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:12 am
hmmm no one else has really replied to this....
so to be the "first"

i like ghost as well!
ahh but do you think you can post up their discography? like what albums they have out...and how many.

i only recently got interested in them ^__^"  

dreamallure
Crew

7,550 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Rukekuu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:15 pm
I like ghost, I wish they would do more work I havnt seen so much of the band yet sad  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:38 pm
;o; hisui left the band ;o;
cuteness is gone :[  

L-article

Music

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out