Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
If you could torture txt tlkers.... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CristoVII

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:01 pm
...what would you do?

I'd make them write one thousand speeches that are an hour long in all the languages of the world on the exact same topic, fit for political debate. If there is one mistake or the same details are used, they must write all of it over again.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:20 pm
Do what I'm doing to this guy who's asking for my password.
Insulting him through what he asks for..

Example:
"D00d, h0w r u t0d@y."
(I suck at writing in 1337, by the way.)

"Please, if you say another number, letter, or word, you could horribly injure yourself with that strangely shape pea-brained cranium of yours."

I would confuse them with long words that insult them.  

[Joan De Arc]

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:58 am
I would:

- Sit them down, tie them to a chair with duct tape, and tell them, "You are not leaving this room, EVER, until you write a proper sentence." I would also teach them how to write properly, and constantly give them assignments until they decide to write correctly. If it takes the rest of their lives, it takes the rest of their lives.

With no TV, no games, no computer, and no friends, they'll learn quick...oh, yes they will. twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:59 am
[Joan De Arc]

Example:
"D00d, h0w r u t0d@y."

"Please, if you say another number, letter, or word, you could horribly injure yourself with that strangely shape pea-brained cranium of yours."

I like the way you think. I do that, but I apply it to everything in life. So if I'm bullied, I use reverse psychology, or insult them in a way that makes them look really stupid and me incredibly clever. I, however, would simply use the 'I can't understand you technique'..... you know, the one you use when you want to break up a phone call. But instead of going, 'What? Sorry, you're breaking up', I would just constantly put, 'I'm sorry, I don't understand.... do you speak english? Sprachensei Deutsch?' and continue in such an ignorant manner that they'll leave me alone. biggrin  

Wolfie Kid

Fuzzy Flatterer

9,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:08 am
I would break their jaw and slice out their tongue, cut off their fingers, then hang them with their own keyboard cable and display it to a congregation of n00bs.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:21 am
I would tattoo "1d!0t" on their forehead.  

abarrach

7,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:25 am
I would tie them up and throw them in a windowless room with only a TV screen, and they'd be forced to watch grammar lesson programs all day long! domokun

Either that or tie them up and throw them in a windowless room with no air vents with someone I know who produces the nastiest farts. domokun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:56 am
SilverMaple
I would tie them up and throw them in a windowless room with only a TV screen, and they'd be forced to watch grammar lesson programs all day long! domokun

Either that or tie them up and throw them in a windowless room with no air vents with someone I know who produces the nastiest farts. domokun

why have farts when you could have SKUNK MUSK?  

MadnessFreak

applecyder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:18 am
It's 'Sprechen Sie deutsch?' >.< I couldn't resist not doing anything about that. True, that my German is bad and it's only good for me preventing from being sold XD But it still works.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:36 pm
Wolfie Kid
[Joan De Arc]

Example:
"D00d, h0w r u t0d@y."

I like the way you think. I do that, but I apply it to everything in life. So if I'm bullied, I use reverse psychology, or insult them in a way that makes them look really stupid and me incredibly clever. I, however, would simply use the 'I can't understand you technique'..... you know, the one you use when you want to break up a phone call. But instead of going, 'What? Sorry, you're breaking up', I would just constantly put, 'I'm sorry, I don't understand.... do you speak english? Sprachensei Deutsch?' and continue in such an ignorant manner that they'll leave me alone. biggrin

Well, I should not had done it to the hacker.
I got hacked.  

BlueBlythe

Wolfie Kid

Fuzzy Flatterer

9,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:54 am
BlueBlythe
Wolfie Kid
[Joan De Arc]

Example:
"D00d, h0w r u t0d@y."

Well, I should not had done it to the hacker.
I got hacked.

You poor soul. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:31 pm
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

It's "have not", not "had not".

I would point a pistol to their head and make them read novels written in Medieval English.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

blueturnsgrey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:27 pm
These are all really great forms of torture. Some of them are a little crazy.

The only thing I can think of at this present moment in time is to force them to send one thousand text messages in perfect grammar in a row. If they mess one up, they start again. Oh, and each message would have to use the maximum amount of characters.

xd That's all you get from me right now. It's not the best.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:00 am
Yami no Hitokiri
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

It's "have not", not "had not".

I would point a pistol to their head and make them read novels written in Medieval English.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It would be better if said pistol was a Wildey .50AE, which is the kind of thing that takes down elephants. And it's a pistol.  

MadnessFreak

l3viathan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:36 pm
blueturnsgrey
These are all really great forms of torture. Some of them are a little crazy.

The only thing I can think of at this present moment in time is to force them to send one thousand text messages in perfect grammar in a row. If they mess one up, they start again. Oh, and each message would have to use the maximum amount of characters.

xd That's all you get from me right now. It's not the best.

Nice!! I like that idea a lot.

As for my idea, I think that I would force 'txt tlk'ers to go to a daily three hour grammar course every night. They would also be forced to start from the most basic grammar course; even if they already know basic grammar. >X3

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff