Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
LIVE ACTION SAILOR MOON WHAT DO YOU THINK? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackRose11111

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:19 am
Its been a while since the series ended so I wanted to know what you guys thought about the live action series?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:32 am
There was a live action series? O-o  

[ Handcuffs ]

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:21 am
I love the Live Action series. I almost like it better than the anime version.

There were many little changes and things they added in that helped it connect with viewers of this generation (like the cell phones)

The acting was good (not perfect, but believable) the action scene choreography was good, the cgi special effects.......well, there ok.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:22 am
Yes, there is a Live Action series with 39 episodes and one special ^^.

I found out about it because I know the actress and singer Chieko Kawabe, who portrayed Naru. She was one of the Sailor Mercurys from the Seramyu musicals (I LOVE them ^_^).

The Live Action series are totally funny, but I think, that the have chosen thr right actors for every role ^^. Especially the small Luna is so cute ^_^.  

MiyukoKDU

Gracious Hunter

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:28 am
MiyukoKDU
Yes, there is a Live Action series with 39 episodes and one special ^^.

I found out about it because I know the actress and singer Chieko Kawabe, who portrayed Naru. She was one of the Sailor Mercurys from the Seramyu musicals (I LOVE them ^_^).

The Live Action series are totally funny, but I think, that the have chosen thr right actors for every role ^^. Especially the small Luna is so cute ^_^.

49 episodes and 2 specials actually...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:55 pm
I watched all the episodes on youtube. I didn't really like the fighting scenes but other than that the series were good.  

Crimson_Nyx

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:00 pm
i loved it! so exciting and it reminded me of power rangers lol  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:54 pm
I feel bad, but I didn't like them at all... =( I was dissappointed... but I couldn't stop watching them. lol
MiyukoKDU- do you know her as in personally? or just know of her? 'cause that's really awesome!

Mrs DelaRosa

Kurokashi-san

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:39 pm
I have seen the first six episodes and enjoyed them. I am hoping over the summer I will be able to finish the series.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:30 am
The live action started out slow, but really got good, it has a very solid plot, the acting is fairly good, and gets better. (Mars, Venus, and Jupiter especially have to show some fairly solid acting to pull off their plot lines.) The special effects are at times silly, but I don't believe ever bad enough to interfere with the storyline. The villains are great. Kunzite is the best evil guy ever, and if you don't believe me watch the series. Zoisite (Spelling may be wrong.) also does very well.

A really quality series.  

tmchiba

the all-weird one

5,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:44 pm
[ Handcuffs ]

They did have one planned for the US that was starring Lindsay Lohan as Sailor Moon but they decided to cancel it, not sure why though.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:06 pm
GTBlader
[ Handcuffs ]

They did have one planned for the US that was starring Lindsay Lohan as Sailor Moon but they decided to cancel it, not sure why though.

That was a movie, and it was canceled because they never got the rights from Toei, so the plans were nipped in the bud real fast. There were a few choices actually, and it wasn't Lindsey Lohan, she was too young at that point. It was Sarah Michelle Gellar or Melissa Joan Hart as the options.

They're speaking of the Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon live action series that Toei created a year ago (give or take).  

Syndrama

SailorLitaJupiter

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:38 am
I absolutely loved PGSM! Act 47 was so sad though... but ya, it was awesome! (The fighting scenes were RUBBISH,lol!) You can get them all on http://www.crunchyroll.com  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:49 am
I just got back from visiting my friends in Texas - and while I was there, I got to watch PGSM (the whole series, with subtitles) as well as the PGSM musical, which unfortunately didn't have any subs, but it was still funny. XD I also got to see the movie.. which I was rather dissapointed with.

I think they did a fantastic job - they picked actresses that were quite accurate in fitting the roles of each senshi - I was kinda ticked about the changes to the generals at first - but after awhile, they grew on me. I also loved Motoki's obsession with turtles - too cute! XD
My favorites out of the bunch are Minako and Rei.. Loved the background story, and the strange friendship they had with eachother (makes me want to read Minako / Rei yuri fanfiction *coughcough*).

So yeah, to sum that up.. it was awesome. XD and funny. "ah... bird" "ah.... grass".  

Velma Touched My Tralala

IRL Dog

6,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Elocutionist 200

tmchiba

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:27 pm
The generals did take some getting used to but eventually it was quality stuff. They were really good villains.

Minako and Rei were written extremely well. Their plotline was perhaps the best written of anything in the series.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff