Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitteh Likes Shrimp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:03 pm
Jack Thompson is senile 4laugh
He is ;D
If you are a gamer, you know our common enemy:3
One foot in the nursing home, Thompson contantly ruins his OWN EFFORTS AGAINST VIDEO GAMES.
He even tried getting Halo banned once.-.
He really is no 'Cursader' against video games, none of the people against violent ones are really.
Most people are into protesting games because it means public attention.
Most so called cursaders, are ill informed people(Such as my mother) who have ether never touched or seen a videogame in thier life! Or played.-.
Now, I have played GTA3,Vice city and San Andreas.
Halo, Halo2, Soon Halo 3
Bully
Resident evil1,2,3,4,CVX,Dead aim.
And I havent killed one person yet!
Not real ones anyway>_O
That is what so many crusader's pursue, that violent video games cause people to desire kiling people.-.
COMPLETE BULL-Blam!-!
It's the mental portion of soceity that does this, the people that have trouble telling the differance between reallity and fiction.
Now I may be against completely banning Violent games from store's, but I am with passing a law to help keep violent ones out of Children's hands.

I am not morally against these games, (Despite my mother's constant dribblings about how I should>.> Wait until I tell her I converted to Jewish religion and see how hard she hits the ceiling>.>)
But If I ever have children, I'd never let them touch games above their age group:3

I just intoduced this topic, on with the incedent at VIRGTECH, to show that vidoegames like Halo, DONT cause BS like this to happen all the time neutral
And because big topics bring people together eek
And sadly, as everyone knows........
This may or may not cause hatred towards South Korean's*I have nothing against them, It's nice of them to hold a service for the killed students"
and of course.....
Everyone that society groups under the "Goth" Label likely gonk
Sorry about this, I just felt this as a legit discussion sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:35 pm
Come to my school. You'll see the reason. The teachers turn blind eyes to harassment of any form. One of the students in my class has actually threatened to come to school and shoot it up. Have the teachers done anything to provide security, or to stop the bullying that's basically causing this hatred to build up?

What about the mindless kids who just don't get the fact that they're screwing with people's minds by saying and doing this pathetic s**t? Are they anymore to blame than they people who do nothing?

And do they have blood on their hands when innocent students get caught in the crossfire?

There are too many uncomfortable questions associated with school violence, so some nut-job finds a scapegoat for the mental security of the populace.

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:04 pm
School violence is caused by many things. Rather than examine the source of the problem people use scapegoats. While it does not solve anything, it is far easier than trying to fix things.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:13 pm
Thompson?

He isn't a threat to anyone, he has yet to win a case against a game or music manufacturer, has been laughed out of court on more then 1 occasion and even failed to keep his promise to donate $10,000 to charity if his game proposal was made (which it has been, numerous times, but he is yet to donate). He has also waged war on online comics, calling the police and FBI to search the offices of Penny Arcade.

The man is a fool.

As for the causes, loose grip on reality, failure of teachers and parents to identify and deal with behavioral issues, lax gun control in America, feeling of being laughed at by "Sycophantic rich kids." To be honest, its all just too easy to blame society, or gun law, or games, or music, when 9/10 times, its down to humans not wanting to admit something is wrong with somebody. The only real thing to blame is pure human error nothing more nothing less, the person was obviously disturbed in some manner to begin with as interviews with staff and students revealed, his girlfriend sleeping with someone is simply the straw breaking the camels back so to speak, it was going to happen sooner or later.  

Rellik San
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:15 pm
"Everybody wants to blame it on the music. It's the music's fault that they killed everyone. Or on the video games, or on movies. They 'inspired violence'. Can't a person just be crazy anymore?"

~Chris Rock  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:44 am
Rellik San
Thompson?
The only real thing to blame is pure human error nothing more nothing less, the person was obviously disturbed in some manner to begin with as interviews with staff and students revealed, his girlfriend sleeping with someone is simply the straw breaking the camels back so to speak, it was going to happen sooner or later.

I mostly agree with that. I just find it interesting that the flaws are clear and yet people do nothing out of "politeness." [sarcasm] Don't call them crazy; they're just "odd." Perhaps they'll grow out of it. [/sarcasm] Yes maybe they will, but the problem is deciding where to step in and say "You're potentially dangerous and you need help." The problem is that there isn't one until the person in question starts taking it to extremes. Sometimes the extreme comes too late to keep people from getting hurt. However, in the case of this VT shooter, the extremes were already there. Apparently he set fires in his room, for example. There's your sign people!  

TheWitchGotRobin

TybaltGamemaster

nuGen Staff Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Committee Staff 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:16 am
It never made sense to me. Geeks and gamers are some ofthe mellowist people I know. Frankly, after killing some imaginary people, I feel less like killing real ones.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:55 am
This is what I was hoping for.

People having a discussuion, with good opinions 3nodding
And hopefully truthful ones 3nodding  

Kitteh Likes Shrimp

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:46 pm
Sadly school is a place were people either try to conform, get picked on, or rebel against the established rules. Most (not all) people tend to fit into one or more of those catagories during theri time spent going through the public education system.

It's really a loose loose situation because if teachers step in and try to end bullying then things just tend to escalate further, but if someone is still being picked on, there is a good chance of them blowing a gasket. Part of this I really do think is because there aren't enough ways for people to vent their frustrations and decrease their stress levels. Between the presures of school work and social acceptance most "normal" people tend to crack at least a little bit once in their life. Even the people who are viewed as being normal and possibly idolized by a few of their peers (See cheerleaders and football players) have a tendancy to indulge in self destructive behavior like bing drinking, or severe dieting to maintain their social image. However another huge factor is the fact that so many people can in fact have access from family or even friends to fire arms. When people feel like they've run out of options and they have nothing else left they can do.. then they snap and the results are never pretty. I am a bit surprised though that the most recent shooting occured in a college. Traditionally speaking school shootings happen in elementry through high school level because attendance is manditory. People who can't hack it in college usually just drop out and give up without taking other people with them. I think I find that to be the most unsettling part is because it was a college shooting... that means that really no one is safe anymore.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:00 pm
TybaltGamemaster
It never made sense to me. Geeks and gamers are some ofthe mellowist people I know. Frankly, after killing some imaginary people, I feel less like killing real ones.

It does relieve stress. After playing SIMS 2 and torturing my least favorite creations, I find I'm a little less angry than I was. Takes the frustration out of my mind, and the only people getting hurt are my poor virtual people. It's better than taking a paper mache gun, pointing it at someone and imitating gunfire. My classmates disagree, but hey, I don't have the mental fortitude for slaughter.

Or I write. Chuck Palahniuk made it work out for him.

Thompson, eh? I was wondering where I'd heard his name before- he tried to change the rating of "Bully" because of "homosexual content." Because Thompson is offended at the thought that some guys would rather kiss other guys. Pssh. The man is an utter fool.

Also, you'd think kids would be smart to not pick on the kid who has verbally and physically threatened them, but my first hour class has proved me wrong. People who get hurt nearly every day tend to hold grudges- I know because I can remember pranks people have pulled on me from many years ago, and not because I want to remember.  

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

Nimewe

Garbage Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:42 pm
If you live in florida and read the newspaper. There was this one thing about this one guy that got fired from seaworld and he said that he would seek revenge etc.. and he says that he idolizes what that one guy did at virginia Tech.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:47 pm
welcometomyhell

Thompson, eh? I was wondering where I'd heard his name before- he tried to change the rating of "Bully" because of "homosexual content." Because Thompson is offended at the thought that some guys would rather kiss other guys. Pssh. The man is an utter fool.

Is that legal? To attempt I mean? o_O  

Ether-Eating Eskimo

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:19 am
CrimsonThanatos
welcometomyhell

No, he is banned from practicing law in Florida because of it. The guy has been laughed out of court 1000 times.

Also a recent UK study by the BBFC has proven, games ground the user further in reality then TV and Film because you have a level of interaction and have to be more aware of what your doing.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:37 pm
Rellik San
CrimsonThanatos
welcometomyhell

No, he is banned from practicing law in Florida because of it. The guy has been laughed out of court 1000 times.

Also a recent UK study by the BBFC has proven, games ground the user further in reality then TV and Film because you have a level of interaction and have to be more aware of what your doing.

I'd no idea he'd been banned from practicing law, but the thought gives me hope for the legal system.

I suppose interaction would make things more tangible. A lot of the reason why it's such a good scapegoat is because videogames are thought to desensitize people. But how much further would a videogame desensitize someone than watching the news?  

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

XxLovely_MiseriesxX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:26 pm
To me school violence is mainly caused by bullying, or just because the kid is crazy or might have violence in the home. But ignorant people will never stop blaming music or video games. And they definitely wont ban anything either, money makes the world go 'round.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff