Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Cosplay

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whatername

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:26 pm
Has anyone ever made there own Cosplay outfit? I would love to see pics.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:11 pm
I made really eeeeasy cosplay of my avatar...

I took fabric paints to a black shirt, and mixed red + yellow to make a orange circle with eyes for the Jacked up shirt. ^^;
My friend sewed me some leg warmers.
And I cut up old pants for cast away look. ^^;  

CrystalRose

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:13 am
Ok... I admit it, I loves me some costumes...

I sew mostly to make costumes. I have a Harry Potter outfit that's I can't find atm; but here's my "not Quite Pirates of the Carribbean" ren fest wear. I made my outfit (right) and instructed my friend on how to make her corset. she made the rest of her outfit (middle).

Hopefully this summer I'll have time to make more pieces.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:25 pm
YourAzureGoddess

I sew mostly to make costumes. I have a Harry Potter outfit that's I can't find atm; but here's my "not Quite Pirates of the Carribbean" ren fest wear. I made my outfit (right) and instructed my friend on how to make her corset. she made the rest of her outfit (middle).

Awsome good job, i wish i could make something but i trying to lurn. I would really like a sowing machien.  

whatername

julyrose

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:58 pm
YourAzureGoddess

I wish hubby was into going to places we could wear costumes to. I have spent time perusing several costume sites, marvelling at how people can recreate costumes.

BTW, love your friend's dragonfly necklace.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:59 pm
I've made a couple from Simplicity Patterns.

User Image

This was a sort of "Fair Maiden" look I was going for the first time I went to a Renn Fest. My then-boyfriend (now fiance!) went as a knight, so it was perfect. Last year I made him a pirate/mercenary costume with black pants, a white shirt, and a blue vest. A lot of people thought he looked like Sam Adams. ^^

User Image

Sorry for the size of this one. sweatdrop It's another Simplicity pattern, but this was for Katsucon (Anime Convention). I wanted to try for a "samurai's lady" look, but a lot of people thought I was a geisha. (Hopefully they knew a geisha is truly an ARTIST, not something else!) Still, I'm pretty proud of this. I'd made my fiance a kimono with black pants and a blue top with cherry blossoms on it, and we've worn them to the National Cherry Blossom Festival these past two years.  

Brunette_Star

SaelensFrozenFlame

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:59 pm
I do cosplay...but most of my cosplays are closet-cosplays, IE: i take stuff outta my closet that looks "close enough"...i can't afford decent materials atm, due to lack of funds...however, I had ONE costume that was entirely closet, and the only things wrong with it were my shoes(they didn't lace up...i only have brown loafers..) and the style of suspenders I had. other than that, it was spot-on...  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:50 pm
This Years Costume Attempt: Pocky Girl

LOL

(I'm gonna go as Pocky *hopefully* for Halloween, so I've got plenty of time, but theres a mini anime con. at Suncoast on the 27th and there will be cosplay so I might try to go and make cosplay for it. =3 )  

Chibi Kiku-chan

nax is back

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:28 pm
I wish I could sow. emo  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out