Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Imadoki! (Nowadays)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:14 pm
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:15 pm
Story

For Tanpopo Yamazaki, life at the elitist Meio Academy seems way out of her league. The daughters of wealthy families snub her, other students make light of the fact that she actually tested into Meio instead of relying on family connections, and the cute boy she saw tending a dandelion the day before wouldn't even acknowledge her existence. Hoping to make friends and have some fun, Tanpopo starts up a gardening committee, but will this help her survive in a school where superficiality and nepotism reign supreme?

kel aka gandy
Captain

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:22 pm
Creator

Yuu Watase was born on March 5 in a town near Osaka, Japan, and she was raised there before moving to Tokyo to follow her dream of creating manga. In the decade since her debut short story, Pajama de Ojama (An Intrusion in Pajamas), she has produced more than 50 compiled volumes of short stories and continuing series. Her works have provided the basis for two television series, an OVA series, anime soundtrack CDs, and a string of novels.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:28 pm
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 5 volumes
Status in US :: 5/5 released

User Image
Volume 1: Dandelion
For Tanpopo Yamazaki, life at the elitist Meio Academy seems way out of her league. The daughters of wealthy families snub her, other students make light of the fact that she actually tested into Meio instead of relying on family connections, and the cute boy she saw tending a dandelion the day before wouldn't even acknowledge her existence. Hoping to make friends and have some fun, Tanpopo starts up a gardening committee, but will this help her survive in a school where superficiality and nepotism reign supreme?

User Image
Volume 2: Magnolia
It sure isn't easy being a working-class girl attending the most posh high school in town. Even more difficult is starting up a Gardening Committee in a place where every bit of flora and fauna is artificial (wouldn't want to flare up the aristocratic student body's allergies). It's a good thing that Tanpopo Yamazaki is as tenacious and full of moxy as they come. With her eye on the prize, and an adorable pet fox named Poplar, Tanpopo is prepared to make friends and plant flowers by any means necessary.

User Image
Volume 3: Daffodil
Every club needs to take a field trip, and Tanpopo's Gardening Committee is no exception. Koki gets a tip that his elusive older brother may be living incognito in Hokkaido, so the rest of the group packs their bags and heads north with him. Tanpopo is doubly pleased because this extracurricular excursion affords her the rare opportunity to visit her former home--a place far different from the hustle and bustle of big city life. Later, when Koki's betrothed, Erika, shows up as a new transfer student, it'll take more than flowers to soothe the situation at Meio Academy.

User Image
Volume 4: Rose
When Koki's mysterious older brother Yoji shows a blossoming interest in her, Tanpopo finds him hard to resist. In order to give her feelings for Koki a rest, Tanpopo quits the Gardening Committee, and without her the club falls apart. Tanpopo has her hands full when her friends start aggressively recruiting her to rejoin the committee and Koki expresses his true feelings for her. As usual, it is up to Tanpopo to make sure everything comes up roses!

User Image
Volume 5: Poppy
Just as Koki and Tanpopo are about to confess their true feelings for one another, both are called away on family emergencies! Realizing how much her ailing grandparents need her, Tanpopo is faced with a heartbreaking choice: staying by her family's side in Hokkaido, or being with her soul mate in Tokyo! Will the two young lovers ever be together? Find out in the dramatic conclusion of Imadoki! Plus two Yuu Watase short stories!

kel aka gandy
Captain

Host_Club_Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:56 pm
This is a great series, but I felt it was too short. The ending really disappointed me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:43 pm
I Really liked this series and almost immediately got into it. The whole thing was enjoyable from start to finish. I only wish it was longer  

Meiburu

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

bullterrierlove

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:02 pm
I really love this series! I also thought it needed to be longer!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:20 pm
This was a good series. I never got the chance to read volume one, but I loved the other volumes. This was actually the first Yuu Watase manga I read, and it got me hooked.  

choirperson

lotusflower23

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:15 pm
Imadoki! is one of my favorite mangas of Yu Watase's. It's different from her other works, but still equally enjoyable. Like everyone here have said, I only wish she continued it further. It would have been interesting to see Tanpopo and Koki's relationship develop further in Hokkaido.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:03 am
Gotta love Imadoki!! It is so cute, to bad it was so short! Not my favorite Watase manga, but still awesome!  

Tickle Toe Bob

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:56 am
I remember after Ayashi no Ceres finished its serialization in Sho-Comi, Imadoki was the next one up. To be honest, I didn't read past the first volume for a few years because it sounded stupid to me, especially after a grand, epic tale like AyaCere.

I'd judged the manga terribly. I got bored one day and decided to read Imadoki and lo and behold... it's one of her best manga ever, with lovable characters, Watase-sensei's signature humor, and a relaxing storyline. I read all 5 volumes straight and regretted having brushed it off all those years before.

Imadoki is definitely one of Watase-senei's most underrated/underread manga. I think people see the "shininess" of more frantic, adrenaline-rush stories such as Alice 19th, Fushigi Yuugi, and Ayashi no Ceres and just skip this one because it's just another ol' slice-of-life manga. So wrong. Read this. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:47 pm
I love Imadoki! But, the ending seemed rather anticlimactic. I think that's how it is spelled. Or, it seemed like the ending was sort of...Like Watase wanted to hurry and finish it. It seemed rushed.

Anyways, it was great! Tanpopo is such an amazing character. She's so cheery...  

Rune WolfHaven

cherryblossomgirlsakura

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:27 am
I love imadoki as well! but i really liked the ending as well....i ddin't think that it was rushed.....

i'm glad it had a happy ending 4laugh i'm a sucker for happy endings 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:55 pm
This is definitely my favorite Yuu Watase manga heart  

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games