Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
New subforum?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should we make a Question and Answer subforum?
Yes.
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
No.
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 16

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:17 pm
Zealot of Insanity:

We're all sick and tired with subforums. We have too many damned subforums. However, your your sake, I will create a 10 day poll [Announcement], and see if the majority votes in favor. If so, I shall bring it to Yami, and she will have the final word.

Look, I'm seeing all of these threads that are simply grammar questions. This is a place for grammar discussion, not some sort of Q&A forum.
Not so long ago I made a thread titled 'Question repository', made for the sole purpose of disrecting all questions into said thread, and therefore stopping the forms from being clogged with shallow questions with low discussional value. The question repository thread has been ignored. BY POSTING QUESTION THREADS YOU ARE PUSHING THREADS WITH HIGHER DISCUSSIONAL VALUE OFF THE BOARDS. I'm trying to keep the forums fresh. Therefore, I either suggest 1. You use the 'Question repository' thread, or 2. see if the admins make a 'Q&A' board. I will personally make you play rock paper scissors roulette with six rounds if anyone else makes a question thread.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:45 pm
MadnessFreak
Look, I'm seeing all of these threads that are simply grammar questions. This is a place for grammar discussion, not some sort of Q&A forum.
Not so long ago I made a thread titled 'Question repository', made for the sole purpose of disrecting all questions into said thread, and therefore stopping the forms from being clogged with shallow questions with low discussional value. The question repository thread has been ignored. BY POSTING QUESTION THREADS YOU ARE PUSHING THREADS WITH HIGHER DISCUSSIONAL VALUE OFF THE BOARDS. I'm trying to keep the forums fresh. Therefore, I either suggest 1. You use the 'Question repository' thread, or 2. see if the admins make a 'Q&A' board. I will personally make you play rock paper scissors roulette with six rounds if anyone else makes a question thread.

Or simply message someone a question...>.>  

BlueBlythe

CristoVII

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:26 pm
Or look it up in www.m-w.com.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:14 am
BlueBlythe
MadnessFreak

Or simply message someone a question...>.>

Then the answers are restriced to the views of one person, plus it may annoy people being bombarded with questions.  

MadnessFreak

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:15 am
Zweite
Or look it up in www.m-w.com.

Some forumgoers misspell 'grammar', so a fairly obvious method is required.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:48 pm
One of the benefits of the Q&A subforums is that we're likely to get fewer repeat questions.

I'd rather have a subforum than trying to force people to post questions in a dedicated thread. The problem I see with this is people will ignore it, those who don't won't read it to see if their question has been answered.  

abarrach

7,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:10 am
At a tie...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:27 am
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

Please tell me you're joking. We have a zillion subforums already. Questions and answers are legit, as they can lead to discussions. If we have subforums for every little thing, what's left to discuss on the main forum?

I vote no.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

RiseToRebellion

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:14 pm
I think a Q&A section which is stricktly for Q&A would be genius.
There are so many different threads it's hard to navigate.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:20 pm
There is this handy thing called Google. Use it!  

Smoozle

Generous Millionaire

7,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:42 am
Well, as of the time of this post, "yes" has one more vote than "no". If at the end we're going to have a subforum for Q&A, how about instead of adding another subforum, we combine literature and poetry, leaving us with a spare one for Q&A? I agree that we already have enough, because this guild simply isn't so active that we need another subforum.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:38 am
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

If I combine literature and poetry, there are gong to be an awful lot of threads to move. I wish the upper-ups would give us the option to mass move threads.

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:47 am
Sorry, but what would we be "Q&Aing" about that would require a whole subforum? One thread should be more than enough. confused  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:31 pm

I think it's fine the way it is. I like people to be able to just ask their questions without having to worry about posting them in a subforum or a stickied thread. Asking and answering grammar/spelling questions is one of our most basic purposes, I would think.

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Zealot of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:30 pm
Since Yami was against it from the very beginning, I think this announcement is dead. From here on out, it is now locked.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games