Feast Hall Favorites Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:14 pm
Of course we all know that one of the best parts of any event is..... the FOOD! I mean, really, in this day and age, where else are you going to have an opportunity to try mutton? o.O So, tell us all about some of the memorable feasts you've attended. Share recipes if you've got 'em! smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:25 pm
OH! I have a feast story. It should maybe be under no s**t there i was, but...well, it happened at a feast! And didn't involve food. lol.

So, it was my first year in the SCA. I was 13. I was at my first big fancy event-Baronial Banquet. I didn't know anyone yet and I was painfully shy so I was just standing with my mom and a friend of hers, who were both talking to this guy. Now, this guy looked just like a lot of other guys. Big norseman with long black hair. I wasn't paying too much attention until Aaron, my mom's friend, looks at me and says, "Oh, by the way, Illyria, do you know who this is?" I told him I didn't, and Aaron says...

"That's the king."

Ohshit. lol. So I somehow managed to drop into a curtsey without falling over (heck if I know how I did it) while the king, evidently amused by my shock/fear/call it what you will, leans over (very tall man, and i'm short, lol) and says, very calmly, "Boo."

Six years ago, and everyone still laughs about it. lol. In my defence, he was not wearing his crown, and I was a brand stinking newbie. lol. Luckily the feast had already ended and we were all just socializing, because I lost my appetite after that. lol  

Arithrel
Crew

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:29 pm
Arithrel
OH! I have a feast story. It should maybe be under no s**t there i was, but...well, it happened at a feast! And didn't involve food. lol.

So, it was my first year in the SCA. I was 13. I was at my first big fancy event-Baronial Banquet. I didn't know anyone yet and I was painfully shy so I was just standing with my mom and a friend of hers, who were both talking to this guy. Now, this guy looked just like a lot of other guys. Big norseman with long black hair. I wasn't paying too much attention until Aaron, my mom's friend, looks at me and says, "Oh, by the way, Illyria, do you know who this is?" I told him I didn't, and Aaron says...

"That's the king."

Ohshit. lol. So I somehow managed to drop into a curtsey without falling over (heck if I know how I did it) while the king, evidently amused by my shock/fear/call it what you will, leans over (very tall man, and i'm short, lol) and says, very calmly, "Boo."

Six years ago, and everyone still laughs about it. lol. In my defence, he was not wearing his crown, and I was a brand stinking newbie. lol. Luckily the feast had already ended and we were all just socializing, because I lost my appetite after that. lol

Hee! Betcha that got you over your Peer Fear right quick, huh? wink  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:53 pm
Imzy
Arithrel

"That's the king."

Hee! Betcha that got you over your Peer Fear right quick, huh? wink

LOL! Nope, but then I got cadetted to a Laurel...couldn't escape the peers after that! It all went downhill from there.... wink  

Arithrel
Crew

GaijinGuy36

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:55 am
LOL!! Okay, now *that's* funny!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:04 pm
Lol, poor you! During feasts I usually tried helping in the kitchens and serving, so it was a bit... obvious... who the King was... ^_^; Then again... I tend to forget who all the Kings, Queens, Princes, and Princesses are anyways, even when they ARE wearing the crowns...  

Shadows Kitten Lauryn

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:04 pm
does anybody by any chance have any good bread or dessert recipes to share? i love to bake, but i don't know any medieval recipes besides basic shortbread cookies.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:21 pm
Food is soooo not the best part.

I was at a feast once where a girl fell into the firepit. She was ok, but no one will let her forget it.  

Courtesan Brigitte

Veevee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:08 pm
Brigit the slave child
Food is soooo not the best part.

I was at a feast once where a girl fell into the firepit. She was ok, but no one will let her forget it.

Sounds like Rosemary the Fire Squisher, although she doesn't fall in she just manages to dump a bunch of water on it. At least it happened at the last two evens I went to.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:31 pm
Veevee

Sounds like Rosemary the Fire Squisher, although she doesn't fall in she just manages to dump a bunch of water on it. At least it happened at the last two evens I went to.

oh, shush you! the first time there was no water....  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Veevee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:16 pm
littlegreengirl
Veevee

Oh yeah, your quite the talented little fire squisher  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:18 pm
Veevee
littlegreengirl
Veevee

oooOOOooooh. Is that a 'NSTIW' story in the making? wink  

Imzy
Crew

Veevee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:02 pm
Imzy
Veevee
littlegreengirl
Veevee

oooOOOooooh. Is that a 'NSTIW' story in the making? wink

Not really, she just has the talent for dropping things onto the fire which the fire doesn't like.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:16 pm
I once did a peasant feast with Muligatawny stew (all kinds of meants (and a vegetarian version) a variety of breads and rolls, including pumpernickle, ryes and black breads, baked apples and peach buckle (like a cobbler) for dessert. There was Cider and Peary available to drink and whatever potable people brought with them. I organized a "mystery party" and each guest had a clue to the mystery of who murdered Lord Luvaduck, to save our necks before the King's arbitor arrived! The young lady who won the prize ( a handcrafted goblet) was at her first event!  

magicheide

Courtesan Brigitte

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:29 am
magicheide
I once did a peasant feast with Muligatawny stew (all kinds of meants (and a vegetarian version) a variety of breads and rolls, including pumpernickle, ryes and black breads, baked apples and peach buckle (like a cobbler) for dessert. There was Cider and Peary available to drink and whatever potable people brought with them. I organized a "mystery party" and each guest had a clue to the mystery of who murdered Lord Luvaduck, to save our necks before the King's arbitor arrived! The young lady who won the prize ( a handcrafted goblet) was at her first event!

That sounds awesome...

*runs off with the idea*

xd  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out