relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 27: Anime/Manga Corner
First Manga Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is your first manga series still continuing?
  Yep
  Nope
  Gold Please
View Results

xDorminx

Invisible Citizen

6,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:23 pm
So yeah, for me it was Trigun. And no, not the Maximum series, it was just Trigun, which was released in 2 volumes bothing being rather thick.

Anyways, it was in my sophomore year in high school when I got into it. I had some friends sitting near me reading manga one day. And I looked over and thought, "Oh em jee! Anime books?!" And so, after that moment I was on a quest to find a manga to pick up whenever I was at a book store.

And now, I am addicted to both anime and manga. Though I am currently thinking about getting into manwha (Korean version of manga) as well! 3nodding

(and there goes more money out of my wallet now... sweatdrop )

anyways, enough of my ramblings. can any of you remember when you first picked up your first manga and which one it was? Please do share! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:04 pm
My first manga was DNAngel I think. A friend if mine intruduced me to 'em ^^

I happend to have the no 1 volume here next to me... *nostalgic*

I'm not a big fan of Manwha. The only really good comic there (that I've read) is rebirth (it works from the 4th book and forward. The first vol is crap.

Ragnarök (the manwha) is also crap. in 9th (or was it 10th) book, it just ends. With a short explanation that the author is going to concentrate on computergames for some time... I'm disapointed.  

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

Diasuke-san

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:29 pm
My first was .hack After words i read it i fell in love with manga and all its glory!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:32 pm
My very first manga wuz Fruit Basket I got hooked on it ever since but I can't buy mangas dat much so i only read a few volumes  

Ori-chan14

Whimsicali

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:17 am
My very first manga was Love Hina... One of my friends just handed the first one to me one day and told me to read it. It was during my Freshman year in high school.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:43 pm
My first Manga was Gravitation, I read about it being Yaoi, so I grabbed it hoping none of the store people would ask me if I was gay, lol...  

GhostyDragon

Hallowed Tycoon

18,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Tycoon 200

RivenPanic

Unbeatable Lunatic

9,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:47 pm
First Manga I do believe was InuYasha and Bleach at the same time. Love both and glad they are still around.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:54 pm
Friuts Basket
and
DN Angel

-Strawberry_Cutie_Girl-

okaycowgirl

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:45 am
my first manga was detective conan or case closed they call it in states
it's still going on but I think it's going to end pretty soon may been with in this year for many problems relating to the BO has been solved lately XD  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:21 pm
The first manga I ever read. Hm... It may have been Tokyo Mew Mew, or Kenshin... The first (and only, I borrow the rest whee ) manga I've ever owned was The Ring 0.  

kitty_meow10

Tipsy Kitten

7,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

shadow_rose18

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:14 am
Yu Yu Hakusho and DBZ. I never even heard of manga or anime until I came to the United States. I lived in Japan for six years but I never heard them call it manga or anime. I never got into manga until I was twelve but I was hooked on anime when I was five.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:23 am
first manga was Gantz. it is a pretty awesome story that i have yet to finish.  

evangelicaldemon

TaciturnScar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:54 am
My first manga that I read was either Peach Girl or Sailor Moon.
I think that was back in 6th grade...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:58 am
Dragon Ball, when I was about 5 or 6.  

Rosenfall

7,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

T3h_Junk_King

3,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:50 pm
Humm it must have been DragonBall series. It is a great manga and has been around its time. I like it alot.  
27: Anime/Manga Corner

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff