Submit

Battle time!
  Yay!
  Boo..
View Results

Exotic Kitty

Invisible Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:58 pm
I felt like I should start some sort of topic about it, because my friend and I were talking about the battle system and we discussed the possibilities the gaia admins may add in there and such...I think it would be a great idea to have it because it'll keep people (who might be bored on gaia and have nothing to do but browse forums) entertained. But the disadvantage to that in my opinion is that it might be a bit too simple like some mmorpg (massively multi-player online role playing game) games. Or the battle system may turn out to be almost the same thing as some other mmorpg. Anybody got any ideas/concerns about it?

Topics:
-Good/bad?
-Ideas to make it better  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:49 pm
Ah, the fabled battle system. The idea sounds great and it looks like a lot of fun. I don't think it will take over gaia and become it's main focal point, but then again, wasn't gaia meant to be an anime community? So people in another guild were just talking about this. For some strange reason, I fear that the n00bs will over take gaia because if this. Weird huh? xp  

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

Dark Philosopher

Fashionable Shade

5,300 Points
  • Intermediate Skill 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:06 pm
I fear the n00bs overtaking the veterans of Gaia also. There should be something put in place...maybe even a handicap or something. Who wants to be overun by n00bs? I don't!

I haven't posted here in a while. Seems like it's still the cool hangout I remember.

What types of characters do you think there will be?  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:39 pm
Hello! Long time, no see!

Handicap seems like a bit much. It would probably hurt a lot of new members and not all new members are n00bs although it feels like a lot are now a days. lol

I heard rumors that there is supposed to be a grunty boss. That would be awesome. *loves little grunties* Wouldn't we just play as our avatars though? I really couldn't see it any other way.

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

Exotic Kitty

Invisible Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:23 pm
That's very true..cause some of the 'n00bs' (who probably don't get the whole game) might go crazy attacking each other that they might attack another avatar thinking it's one of those games where you kill everyone. (Actually I would really be mad if some random n00b did that.) About the characters, from what I've known, it's pretty much our avatars..and I'm assuming that the 'weapons' we're going to use is what we have in our inventory. Hm..if that were to happen, that would mean some of the n00bs can't even fight because they don't have an item that can help them do it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:31 pm
Being PKed would really suck. This is is Gaia man.

I've heard rumors that gaia is going to open up a weapon shop. I'd assume they would release some crappy weapons along with some really cool ones. Some cheap weapons like those ugly started clothes. Ew...

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

Exotic Kitty

Invisible Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:45 pm
GAH..if that was to happen, I would go insane..it's already horrible enough that so many of these people (like n00bs) enter the avatar arena using the starting clothes..or even all of the 2g ones in the barton shop..But I think they should give more 'expensive' weapons so they would know how to earn it..and then just fight all of the monsters using hand to hand combat.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:42 am
Sparkle Hearts
Being PKed would really suck. This is is Gaia man.

I've heard rumors that gaia is going to open up a weapon shop. I'd assume they would release some crappy weapons along with some really cool ones. Some cheap weapons like those ugly started clothes. Ew...
I wouldn't mind PKing some n00bs xd Maybe they can make it so that only veteran users like ourselves can PK n00bs but they can't PK us (j/k) That would be funny.

AzulAznWizard
GAH..if that was to happen, I would go insane..it's already horrible enough that so many of these people (like n00bs) enter the avatar arena using the starting clothes..or even all of the 2g ones in the barton shop..But I think they should give more 'expensive' weapons so they would know how to earn it..and then just fight all of the monsters using hand to hand combat.
I think it would be a good idea to have weapons with requirements. The better weapons for the older players. 3nodding  

Dark Philosopher

Fashionable Shade

5,300 Points
  • Intermediate Skill 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:35 pm
As much as I hate to say it, being a PKer would be so much fun. I would stand right outside a dungeon and steal all their stuff. Wait... we can loot the bodies right? rofl

I don't really like the idea of having time-based requirements. My reasoning is this:

Little Joey n00b finds gaia one day and loves it plays like 10 hours a day, but is only able to use a crappy starter weapon.

Another n00b by the name of Johnny is just as big as a n00b as Joey but only gets on once or twice a month, but is able to use a really nice weapon because his account is much older.

Moral of the story: Account age means crap. xp

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:07 pm
That's true..maybe the weapons should depend on experience points gained. The more 'fighting' experience they have, the better their weapons.  

Exotic Kitty

Invisible Fatcat

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:57 pm
Yeah, and then you can add on really cool ablilites and stuff. Then we can PK more people quicker... twisted  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:20 pm
Well for one thing, I agree with most of you guys with the reason that at least there is something to do in Gaia

But then for me the bad thing would be is would it cost gold to get like the little weapons for your character fight with? I dislike it to be so expensive!!! domokun xp  

Shikomiso

Exotic Kitty

Invisible Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:52 pm
Yeah, or what I was thinking, probably the weapons you get is seperate from gold. For example, maybe they can change the experience points you get into some sort of currency to get the weapons.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:11 pm
AzulAznWizard
Yeah, or what I was thinking, probably the weapons you get is seperate from gold. For example, maybe they can change the experience points you get into some sort of currency to get the weapons.

Yeah I agree, it should depend on experience points than gold. Then there wouldn't be any disadvantage, you just have to play the game.  

Shikomiso

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:54 am
Yes, I like this Experience point idea. Best of both worlds and everyone starts on the same foot. Nobody can go out and buy the most expense weapon the day it comes out, but rewards those who play the game often. Very cool. 3nodding  
The Lobby

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff