Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Tutorials
Sea-Salt Ice Cream

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SaelensFrozenFlame

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:31 pm
in all technicality, this is a popsicle...but it tastes pretty good.

this recipe makes 8 popsicles(in my popsicle molds anyways...)

2 cups boiling water
4 teaspoons of salt
8 tablespoons of sugar
1-4 drops of blue food coloring(depends on how light or dark you want the end result to be)

Mix salt and sugar in a large bowl. Add the boiling water CAREFULLY, and stir until the salt and sugar are dissolved. Add the food coloring and pour the mix into molds or ice cube trays and freeze until slushy. insert sticks or toothpicks, and freeze until solid.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:47 pm
hmm... seems like something to use for a starting point. I've been wanting to try to make sea salt ice cream for a while now.  

Yugure no Tasogare

Half Baked SF

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:24 am
I altered the recipe. I attempted to make caramel-flavored ice cream so I added a bit of caramel coffee syrup to the mix and used red and yellow food dye instead of blue. However, I read "tablespoons" as "teaspoons" when I was making this and the mix came out tasting too much like salt. xd It'll have to be another time.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:31 pm
My grandparents would make something like this sometimes when I was very little. With it being kind of popular now, I may have to give it a try, myself...  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Titty Sprinkles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:48 pm
I'm sure if you use this recipe, and mix it with a recipe for ice cream (You can find tons if you google) you could probably make it..

I'll try it sometime.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:51 pm
When I make Sea Salt Ice Cream, I use this recipe. It's just like taking the ice cream out of the game. The popsicles seem like a good idea, as well. I'll try it this summer.  

Athlaxi

Tutorials

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff