Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
What influenced you to edit? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Badgers =
  AMVs
View Results

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:09 pm
I thought we needed more discussion topics so here we go!

What influenced you to edit?

I first saw an AMV in 2004 and I thought they were so awesome because my friends and I would always make silly little soundtracks to anime ><; It was about a year later that I met my fiance ((Mr_Pilkington -- in case you didn't know)) and found out that he made AMVs and I was just in awe. So, I'd watch him make AMVs whenever I could and I pretty much learned by watching him.
I made my first AMV in "secret" -- I wanted to surprise him with my editing glory. And it actually turned out rather nicely. 3nodding And the rest is history.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:46 pm
Basically, I had seen AMVs thanks to my cousin about 5 years ago, and I enjoyed them. But there were ideas I wanted to see that weren't made.

Eventually I thought, 'Hey, I have this anime, and this song, I'll go ahead and try making an AMV.' So I did  

MalXII

FallenMarvel

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:10 am
The first time I saw an AMV was back in '02 or '03. It was the "Crossroads" video by Aluminum Studios (for those that know) by way of Kazaa at the time. Not only that, but they used a hip hop song with it and did it greatly. I've watched plenty of anime, but that was the first time I was was able to see something like that done. Since then I wanted to do something like that myself, but there was one problem. I didn't have a clue as to how I would make one. So I just played spectator for a while. At the end of '03 I attended college and got graphic design. Eventually, I learned how to edit audio and video. It wasn't until I was done with school by '05 that I could now make an AMV and that's when I made my first one in February '05. That's pretty much how it happend for me.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:40 am
kajin_phoenixlord
The first time I saw an AMV was back in '02 or '03. It was the "Crossroads" video by Aluminum Studios (for those that know)

Ah.. good ole Aluminum. He's quite amusing >w<. Pilk and I generally see him at AWA. xd  

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:27 pm
Desdemona Legardored
What influenced you to edit?

User Image

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:40 am
Dance, Osaka, Dance!

User Image

I feel like a newb because I saw my first AMV last year. sweatdrop Yes, I know, I didn't know the joys then. Anyways, some of which introduced me to new anime such as my favourite, Azumanga Daioh (I already liked Sailor Moon to begin with) and I bought them (Other than Sailor Moon, I'm still saving for those DVDs), then when I'd listen to music, I'd imagine some clips from my anime going with the songs, like an AMV. So I matched the clips to the music like in my head. And now I'm constantly making them.

If you repost this message 15 times, Kitten will eat your legs for breakfast... with chips!

Fluffball of Osaka

8,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Dianoskue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:07 pm
Boredom, then i got on youtube and saw a few and was like whoa! and Kitty...look for sailor moon at this site, everything is really cheap and goo quality arrow http://www.sphiatt.com 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:06 pm
Belive it or not Teen Titans got me into making AMVs. I used to love that show in 7th grade and i saw a video to it that peaple made. I thought it was amzing and i tried to do that but at the time i did not have anythign so i used still photos (i don't anymore thankfully). It is funny to look back at some of my frist ones and see how horrible they were rolleyes  

SparkleEffect

ScottyQuick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:44 pm
My friend Catnip made hilarious ones with Aqua songs (on youtube, her name is PandasForCatnip if you want to look her up). I watched them, looked at her gallery and noted that she had some of my favorite songs and anime mixed together(Iris+Ouran), so I looked at it and was wowed.

I try to make them, but I suck at it D:  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:50 pm
Laraeli
I try to make them, but I suck at it D:

Awww, I'm sure you're not that bad at it. It just takes a bit of practice! 3nodding  

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

Shinigami_Eyes_Dante661

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:45 pm
I saw my about a few years ago and started editing in the end of 2006 and now that i got a new laptop I got 13 vids so far  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:02 am
The First AMV i saw was on a Convention in Germany and it was great, after a year i found animemusicvideos.org and begun to load amvs. 2005 i begun to make AMVs by my self.  

Falconone

PyrolordSSS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:53 pm
I saw my first AMV back in 2000, back when computers were just starting to be used to edit. It was a Fushigi Yugi video by Kusoyaro called Dreams come true. After that I wanted to make an AMV. I finally made one about five years later on my 27th birthday.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:58 pm
PyrolordSSS
I saw my first AMV back in 2000, back when computers were just starting to be used to edit. It was a Fushigi Yugi video by Kusoyaro called Dreams come true. After that I wanted to make an AMV. I finally made one about five years later on my 27th birthday.

OO that video is really good! :3  

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

PyrolordSSS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:32 pm
Desdemona Legardored
PyrolordSSS

OO that video is really good! :3

Yes it is, It also made me want to watch Fushigi Yugi, that series is still in my top five.  
The AMV Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff