Welcome to Gaia! ::

Prisoners of Society- An Alternative Music Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply I Hate Every Day Without You...-- Life Issues & Help Center.
I SERIOUSLY REALLY HATE THEM.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Izzenai felt that you guys would be most open to her rants about her parents.
  Okay then.
View Results

b0ybands

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:44 pm
Oh my god.
I really do.
I mean, I love them. I kind of have to. They're my parents. They put up with me, and let me tell you, I was a problem child. Cute, but very very fussy.
But deep down (or maybe not so deep down), I hate them so much it hurts.
They're always on my case. And I don't mean the overprotective s**t, I can deal with that, it makes me feel like they care in a shallow, physical way.

What I can't stand is how much they push me at school. Now, I'm really not an intelligent person. I'm a dreamer. And my grades in this school (generally C-B range, with a D in latin currently) are kind of bad, I'll admit. But can't they SUPPORT me at least? I mean, my school is kind of hard. Top-grade, uber-expensive new england all-girls boarding school. My mom, maybe. "That's good, it's good to know it's going up. Keep working hard, okay sweetie? You can do it. WORK HARDER, DAMMIT. THESE GRADES ARE UNACCEPTABLE."
It's my dad that I have problems with. He's always going on and on about "IZZENAI YOU ARE A FAILURE. YOU'RE GOING TO DIE OF DIABETES WITHOUT FRIENDS, FAMILY, MONEY, OR LEGS. JUST LIKE MY DAD DID. YOU'RE GOING TO FLUNK OUT OF SCHOOL AND WORK THE DRIVE-THRU AT MCDONALDS, AND WE'RE GOING TO LAUGH AT YOU. WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL, I WORKED A JOB AND GOT STRAIGHT A'S. I HAD TO SUPPORT MY MOM AND MY THREE YOUNGER SIBLINGS BECAUSE MY DAD WAS TOO MUCH OF A BUM TO DO ANYTHING. YOU'RE A MISERABLE FAILURE, IZZENAI. A MISERABLE. FAILURE."

Thanks for the encouragement, dad. I was going to study for that big chem test I had tomorrow, but I'm just in such a bad mood, I'll just go cry under the covers now, shall I? neutral

I JUST CAN'T STAND IT.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:47 pm
holy ******** would have started to yell if they said that s**t to me.
god damn.
are you going to talk to them once your out of the house?
and why dont they like you?//support you?
just bad grades?

my parents freaked when i had three A's. two B's
a D- and a f..

i know the last two...
but my average still a b..
so what the hell?

DEAD Rasputin
Crew

1,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200

b0ybands

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:44 pm
Dr[[Acula]]
god damn.
just bad grades?

a D- and a f..

i know the last two...
so what the hell?

I usually just block them out.
Since I go to boarding school, my dad usually bitches at me via MSN. It's easy enough for me to pretend I'm paying attention. Usually I'm on gaia though. xD

Ugh. I know they're just super uptight about me getting good grades/college/ect, but seriously. I'm not like them.
They're really really
asian.
And I'm chill.
Ya know? D:  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:32 pm
wow, that's terrible...
I can sorta relate though, my parents always want me to do better, and thankfully in my family, we have good "guessing genes", where I'm good at not studing, and then passing with an A. It's a really luck thing for me, and my friends are a little envious now and then. So as you can see I don't really study because there's no point, yet my parents are always forcing me to study, then asking me did you study enough? Did you study enough? My mom was starting to freak out that my grade in Spainsh dropped to an 93%, thats how obsesive. Of course I'm able to zone that out, I've only had my dad go off on me now and then, not that often to be honest. He only does that to me when I do something that really makes him mad, or when I don't do something that I'm suppose to read his mind and do *wash the dishes, laundery, ect.*
You should just tell him you've done your best, and that the negitive reinforcment isn't helping you succeed or do any better, that his anger is actually making it harder for you to accel and that you need his support, not his insults. That if he wants you to make something of yourself, you need to know that he's behind you, that he can't expect more of you than you're capable of achieving, otherwise you'll crack under the pressure and expectations.
Just try to get him to listen *and use some big words to make yourself sound to him like you do have potential* and make him anwser, he'll either support you or not, but at least you'll know for sure where he stands.

Hopefully this helps.... I'm not sure you're exact position or if this will help or not... but hopefully it will...

rayne_phantom

b0ybands

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:47 pm
rayne_phantom
wow, that's terrible...
I can sorta relate though, my parents always want me to do better, and thankfully in my family, we have good "guessing genes", where I'm good at not studing, and then passing with an A. It's a really luck thing for me, and my friends are a little envious now and then. So as you can see I don't really study because there's no point, yet my parents are always forcing me to study, then asking me did you study enough? Did you study enough? My mom was starting to freak out that my grade in Spainsh dropped to an 93%, thats how obsesive. Of course I'm able to zone that out, I've only had my dad go off on me now and then, not that often to be honest. He only does that to me when I do something that really makes him mad, or when I don't do something that I'm suppose to read his mind and do *wash the dishes, laundery, ect.*
You should just tell him you've done your best, and that the negitive reinforcment isn't helping you succeed or do any better, that his anger is actually making it harder for you to accel and that you need his support, not his insults. That if he wants you to make something of yourself, you need to know that he's behind you, that he can't expect more of you than you're capable of achieving, otherwise you'll crack under the pressure and expectations.
Just try to get him to listen *and use some big words to make yourself sound to him like you do have potential* and make him anwser, he'll either support you or not, but at least you'll know for sure where he stands.

Hopefully this helps.... I'm not sure you're exact position or if this will help or not... but hopefully it will...

Kay
thankyou sweetie~
that was snazzy advice which I do intend to follow.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:04 pm
Izzenai
Dr[[Acula]]
god damn.
just bad grades?

a D- and a f..

i know the last two...
so what the hell?

Since I go to boarding school, my dad usually bitches at me via MSN. It's easy enough for me to pretend I'm paying attention. Usually I'm on gaia though. xD

Ugh. I know they're just super uptight about me getting good grades/college/ect, but seriously. I'm not like them.
They're really really
asian.
And I'm chill.
Ya know? D:

yeah.
my parents..
//
mom mostely..
shes being a bully lately.
i got a few a's a few b's a d and a f.
and she tweaked.
but its midquarter.
so i dont get it.

and then my dad started to drink again>.<
and hes being mean about it too.

and i hate school.
and i have better things to do than homework[[gaia>.<]]
and they dont get it...
but my parents live with me...
so i cant almost ignore them...
i get grounded.

how far away is the school from home?

DEAD Rasputin
Crew

1,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200

b0ybands

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:33 pm
Dr[[Acula]]
Izzenai
Dr[[Acula]]
god damn.
just bad grades?

a D- and a f..

i know the last two...
so what the hell?

They're really really
asian.
And I'm chill.
Ya know? D:

yeah.
my parents..
//
mom mostely..
shes being a bully lately.
i got a few a's a few b's a d and a f.
and she tweaked.
but its midquarter.
so i dont get it.

and then my dad started to drink again>.<
and hes being mean about it too.

and i hate school.
and i have better things to do than homework[[gaia>.<]]
and they dont get it...
but my parents live with me...
so i cant almost ignore them...
i get grounded.

how far away is the school from home?

Tch.
It's clear around the world, and for that, I am thankful
but school is over in like a month, and I have to go back. D:  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:11 pm
yikes...my parents get disapointed, but they never just rail at me for being a faliure
the guilt thing normally works better because then im guilted into doing better because i feel bad for letting them down, but the railing thing would never encourage me...i would have been like "yah know what dad, ******** off. its my life not yours."  

queenotheworld

Zealous Blue
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:59 am
Tell him to take latin and see if he can understand it.

That's what I do when my dad complains about me not getting good grades in French.

And Latin sounds fascinating. 3nodding I kinda want to learn it.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:34 pm
I wish I could say something to help.
But welcome to every day of my life, but times it by 10.

I cry every morning before I go to school, most days in 4th period, and I cry when I go home because I'm so ******** miserable.

Killer Zeit
Vice Captain

b0ybands

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:55 am
Zeit Rachen Havoc
I wish I could say something to help.
But welcome to every day of my life, but times it by 10.

I cry every morning before I go to school, most days in 4th period, and I cry when I go home because I'm so ******** miserable.

Aww, shweetieface. D:
Iwanna hug youuu. D:  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:23 pm
kinda reminds me of my parents..
well, my dad mostly.
he gets into these hour long things about i need good grades to get into college and get a good job and stuff.
and that i need to 'keep busy'
all i can think is 'wtf does he think i do all day in the summer, sleep and eat???'
but yah
one summer (last year myabe??) my dad was trying to get me to write a list of what i wanted to do that summer to 'keep busy' and i only had like two things on the list after a couple of days...
so, my dad made sit down on the couch and write down stuff i wanted to do, and i just sort of glanced up to start thinking cuz he seemed kinda pissed so i was just gunna kinda make up a bunch of junk but idk, i guess my glance up kinda ticked him off cuz he pulled me off the couch and threw me on the floor and i almost my head on the edge of the table...
and he was just kinda yelling at me and stuff then and...yah.

idk, i'm sorta hopin he wont do that again cuz its scary and a lot of the reason why my mom left him, but on the other hand, if does do something, like bad, i can call the cops and what not cuz he's hit my mom for as long as i can remember and that dirty-b*****d-son-of-a-b***h should go rot in jail.

.......sorry, a bit off topic there....  

MasterTater

I Hate Every Day Without You...-- Life Issues & Help Center.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games