Picnic for Peace

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:07 pm
Hi~! I just wanted to let everyone in Ontario who might be in the Barrie area this summer (say, July?) that I'm organizing and hosting my very first AntaBaka Studios Picnic for Peace!
And anyone who's not in the area, but who has any ideas or wants to help in some way, can drop me a line via email or PM (which ever is easier, you can find my email through the link above) with the subject "Picnic for Peace"!

What I'm going for, with this, is to bring people together for rights, equality, and general peace! Any and all donations are going to http://unitedforpeace.org

I was going to try and think of, maybe, a theme we could have for the picnic? Something Pagan-related, but not openly so? I'm having a little trouble, though, thinking of anything. Any and all suggestions would be spectacular!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:21 pm
An easy Pagan-related theme that most don't instantly think is Pagan-related is to do something Nature-based. It could be anything. Honoring the season you're in at the time, paying a bit more attention to the current moon phase, or simply going on a wildflower nature walk.  

Starlock
Crew

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:27 am
I'm sorry I took so long to reply. I've been busy with work. ^^;
We-ell, its going to be July 14th and 15th, so I can probably come up with something moon-based by then, especially if I check my calendar to see which phase we'll be in then...

Aside from that, any other ideas or suggestions? Its going to be a bring some food to share-type thing, so I was thinking of what kind of food I could bring (being the Host). I'm going to be bringing more than anyone, so I need something simple and filling.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:12 am
Winter Black
Aside from that, any other ideas or suggestions? Its going to be a bring some food to share-type thing, so I was thinking of what kind of food I could bring (being the Host). I'm going to be bringing more than anyone, so I need something simple and filling.
Bread. And cakes! Or those kinds of bread-cakes that can be either food or dessert!

But as for a theme, a wildflower walk like Starlock said might be a good idea. A moon-based theme can sometimes worry people because it is often identified as being explicitly pagan. Flowers are good neutral ground. Perhaps you could get people to make flower wreaths for each other; daisy chains and that sort of thing. See how much fun you can have lounging about in the grass with a bunch of flowers. Sounds nice to me! biggrin  

Pelta

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:43 am
Unfortunately it will be taking place on a beach. We've already got the barbecue and and picnic themes, and I probably should have mentioned it before.

But the bread and cakes idea is great! Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:35 am
Beaches are great!

How about shell-collecting? Sand-castle competition? Drawing in the sand? There's loads of stuff you can do on a beach! The "who can find the weirdest piece of driftwood" competition, or anything else you can think of!

But be careful of sand in food. You'd probably want to stay away from really sticky edibles...  

Pelta

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff