Reply #18- Shove 65 lobsters up my hole
Religion. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Naked_Archeologist

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:57 pm
Now, i'm not sure if this is the place for it, but I might as well put it here.

Now, this thread is where the age old argument about whether or not god exists can take place.

Seeing as this is a Christian Subforum, i'm assuming that i'll be swarmed with several answers in support of the ideal of a god. I, however, am actually agnostic. My actual religious beliefs are a lot more complicated than that, but for simplicity i'm going to call myself agnostic.

However, it's been awhile since I had a decent debate about religion and god as a whole, so i'm going to see if anybody is up for a nice, friendly debate. =P

No hostility meant by this.

-<3  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:36 pm
I say there is a god like if you belive in the big bang theroy is there really that big of a comet to wipe out the hole earth and if so were did it come from wink  

Doung-Young

The_Naked_Archeologist

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:12 pm
Doung-Young
I say there is a god like if you belive in the big bang theroy is there really that big of a comet to wipe out the hole earth and if so were did it come from wink

Obviously, you don't understand what the big bang theory is.

The Big bang theory, in short, says that the universe and matter and existence was all created from vast nothing collapsing in upon itself. (There's more to it, i'm sure. I haven't studied much up on it.) Which sort of makes sense.

Then again, I think that the Big Bang theory is a load of rubbish.

The idea that the world was created from nothing collapsing in upon itself is almost as farfetched as the belief that we were all specially molded and crafted, very specifically and carefully, by some omnipotent and omnipresent being.

I never said that I myself didn't believe in a God. I believe in some form of an upper power, but I can't find myself to believe most of what the Christian church tells me. Pretty much, i'm just playing devils advocate here, because it's a personal hobby of mine.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:22 pm
The big bang theory could be just someone calling God's work something else. The world was nothing until God created it. He created everything. Just go to the Bible and you will find it all. Believe in Jesus Christ and you will find things in your life change.  

Star VanHelsing

7,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The_Naked_Archeologist

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:33 pm
Star VanHelsing
The big bang theory could be just someone calling God's work something else. The world was nothing until God created it. He created everything. Just go to the Bible and you will find it all. Believe in Jesus Christ and you will find things in your life change.

Yes, yes, my life may change if I convert. But it's not about me being happy. It's about being right. It could just all be false. You have to remember, the bible was written by men, not god. Who's to say that the bible is what God intended?

Look back in the old days. The waaaaay old days. Ancient Maya and Inca days. They believed in a bunch of different Gods. They had an explanation for everything. Yet, we all know that the ancient Mayan religion was crazy. So who's to say we're not all crazy, too? It's pretty damn difficult to disprove a religion. But it's harder to try and prove one.

(As i've said, my personal beliefs are rather different. This doesn't exactly reflect my personal beliefs. I'm just playing devil's advocate. If you'd like me to type out my exact belief, I will.)  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:10 pm
First, I am sorry for the delay in a response, I work the weekends. Second, I was told today, "to some degree, we are all crazy" so yes, we are all crazy, but I believe, that we have to believe in something, so why not start with the Bible. I will get into it more thru pm's if you want. I think it would be great to do that way, then I can do more research for you. Anyway, like I said, I believe that the bible is the word that God told each author to write on His behalf. The reason that I believe so strongly is simple, without God's Miracle, my youngest Daughter would not be alive today. God gave me and her the strength to get through our rough time a year ago. Again I can explain more in pm.  

Star VanHelsing

7,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The_Naked_Archeologist

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:31 pm
Star VanHelsing
First, I am sorry for the delay in a response, I work the weekends. Second, I was told today, "to some degree, we are all crazy" so yes, we are all crazy, but I believe, that we have to believe in something, so why not start with the Bible. I will get into it more thru pm's if you want. I think it would be great to do that way, then I can do more research for you. Anyway, like I said, I believe that the bible is the word that God told each author to write on His behalf. The reason that I believe so strongly is simple, without God's Miracle, my youngest Daughter would not be alive today. God gave me and her the strength to get through our rough time a year ago. Again I can explain more in pm.

I would be glad for that, actually. I'm quite interested in religion and getting everyone's point of view on it. I'm not really that interested in converting because i've found my religious peace, but i'd still like to discuss it with you and get your opinion.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:59 pm
_BeautifuloDay_
Star VanHelsing

Yes, yes, my life may change if I convert. But it's not about me being happy. It's about being right. It could just all be false. You have to remember, the bible was written by men, not god. Who's to say that the bible is what God intended?

Look back in the old days. The waaaaay old days. Ancient Maya and Inca days. They believed in a bunch of different Gods. They had an explanation for everything. Yet, we all know that the ancient Mayan religion was crazy. So who's to say we're not all crazy, too? It's pretty damn difficult to disprove a religion. But it's harder to try and prove one.

(As i've said, my personal beliefs are rather different. This doesn't exactly reflect my personal beliefs. I'm just playing devil's advocate. If you'd like me to type out my exact belief, I will.)

Yes the bible was written by man but was made by gods word.
Through man god made the bible.  

Alienblackdragon

Alienblackdragon

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:00 pm
But hey we all believe in something or nothing.
I just cant wait for the end of the world so we all can say who was right and who was wrong. wink  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:49 pm
Alienblackdragon
_BeautifuloDay_
Star VanHelsing

True.
But, then again, there are several scrolls and books that were supposed to be added to the bible, but aren't in the King James version of the bible. Take, for example, the dead sea scrolls. The Catholic church didn't put them in the standard version of the bible, or in any other version, for that matter. They don't even let people read most of them.

Meaning that, if one can believe Christianity, then they're having to accept that there's still alot they don't know, and that God's word could have been completely lost in the translation of God's word to Man's word.

As far as the end of the world goes, on the day it ends, i'm going to laugh, simply because of the fact that human beings have argued for thousands of years over who's right and who's wrong, and that it all leads up to one tiny, fairly insignificant moment in which the universe ceases to exist and it's simply endless heaven, (Or endless hell, if they win the celestial war.) or endless nothing.

For some reason this all brings me back to thinking about a book that I recieved for my birthday. Good Omens. Anybody ever heard of it?  

The_Naked_Archeologist

Alienblackdragon

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:19 pm
_BeautifuloDay_
Alienblackdragon
_BeautifuloDay_
Star VanHelsing

True.
But, then again, there are several scrolls and books that were supposed to be added to the bible, but aren't in the King James version of the bible. Take, for example, the dead sea scrolls. The Catholic church didn't put them in the standard version of the bible, or in any other version, for that matter. They don't even let people read most of them.

Meaning that, if one can believe Christianity, then they're having to accept that there's still alot they don't know, and that God's word could have been completely lost in the translation of God's word to Man's word.

As far as the end of the world goes, on the day it ends, i'm going to laugh, simply because of the fact that human beings have argued for thousands of years over who's right and who's wrong, and that it all leads up to one tiny, fairly insignificant moment in which the universe ceases to exist and it's simply endless heaven, (Or endless hell, if they win the celestial war.) or endless nothing.

For some reason this all brings me back to thinking about a book that I recieved for my birthday. Good Omens. Anybody ever heard of it?

Nope never heard of it.
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:02 pm
Alienblackdragon
_BeautifuloDay_
Alienblackdragon
_BeautifuloDay_
Star VanHelsing

True.

Nope never heard of it.
sweatdrop

Not many people have. <.<;

I hadn't even heard of it until I received a copy of it for my birthday.  

The_Naked_Archeologist

Alienblackdragon

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:50 pm
_BeautifuloDay_
Alienblackdragon
_BeautifuloDay_
Alienblackdragon
_BeautifuloDay_
Star VanHelsing

True.

Nope never heard of it.
sweatdrop

Is it good?  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:43 am
Alienblackdragon
_BeautifuloDay_
Alienblackdragon
_BeautifuloDay_
Alienblackdragon

True.

Nope never heard of it.
sweatdrop

Is it good?

It's my favorite book to date. ^^ It's brilliant.  

The_Naked_Archeologist

#18- Shove 65 lobsters up my hole

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces