Any Closet Goths here besides me? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xX-Thumbelina-Xx

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:37 pm
I'm so fake xd
I dress all preppy with preppy clothes from preppy stores and I honestly hate it. I wish I had the guts to dress goth(in a tasteful manner of course. I don't wan't to end up like this:User Image) but I'm too scared that I'll get teased again.
It's funny, I sit in class with my golden tan, blonde hair and my pink clothes listening to my cute little MP3 player that sits in my cute little purse. I look ridiculasly preppy, but I'm listening to Incubus Sukkubus. xd

Are there any like me in here, or am I the only phoney?
If you would be so kind, could you post examples of tasteful goth style that I could wear without worrying about sticking out way too much.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:42 pm
Not a closet goth, but if you want to ease OUT of the pink, you could start just by wearing more subdued tones. Baby steps are always easier. Just figure a way to slide out of one fashion to one you would like to wear.  

xxxdeletemexxx

sk_cooper

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:50 pm
Closet goth! Actually I have the mentality of a goth. I think about death all the time and I'm really kinda morbid. But I dress, well, however I'm dressing that day. Emo, punk, goth, hardcore kid, ya know. whatever.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:02 pm
i've been in the closet...i've been in the broom closet...but i've never been a closet goth...though frequently i'm forced to be a weekend goth....uniforms suck  

ketchakik

xX-Thumbelina-Xx

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:02 pm
Mizer Manakins
Not a closet goth, but if you want to ease OUT of the pink, you could start just by wearing more subdued tones. Baby steps are always easier. Just figure a way to slide out of one fashion to one you would like to wear.

I don't really need to ease out of it.
I threw myself into preppy style in hopes of making an all-right impression at school when I transfered.
(I was new so I didn't want to stick out too much.)
My Mom's managed to chuck out all my goth clothes from 7th and 8th grade so I have to start all over.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:36 pm
Not particularly, for me.

Also, as a suggestion:

If you ever decide you'd like to dress in a more "goth-y" way, do it gradually. Don't just show up to school one day in all black with panda paint and a grimace. Start wearing darker colors gradually. Move from pink to magenta, to maroon, to crimson. From preppy to upper-class to classy-goth. Et' cetera.

If you make the change too abrupt- and "abrupt" can even mean over the course of a few weeks- people will only focus on the act of the change itself, not its meaning or validity.  

GilAskan
Crew

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:58 pm
There's a happy little Fashion Sticky if you're looking for some advice on that.
As for the other question, I think this is more suited in the Life Issues subfourm.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:07 pm
im not a closet goth but i do dress really emo. when i go see my fiance in the future i may go get a trench coat or two.

im honestly upset with being called emo but still...id like to be able to buy something worth it in this stupidly hollister incorperated place.  

DJ Database

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:50 pm
I agree with some others, if you want to come out of the coffen, phase it in.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:18 am
You can wear pink and still be goth, you know smile

But in terms of aesthetics, if you are a christian, I would suggest getting a lovely silver cross pendant (and necklace) first, because that pretty much looks good with anything, IMO. Same with a star of David.
Other pendants such as pentacles and pentagrams could be too drastic of an image shift; they can come later, though, if you are interested in them.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

DJ Database

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:42 am
-Resurrected Writer-

But in terms of aesthetics, if you are a christian, I would suggest getting a lovely silver cross pendant (and necklace) first, because that pretty much looks good with anything, IMO. Same with a star of David.
Other pendants such as pentacles and pentagrams could be too drastic of an image shift; they can come later, though, if you are interested in them.

i wear pentagram earrings and a neclace. i love wearing them but i sometimes look like a poser  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:43 am
[~H-a-M-t-A-r-O~]
I'm so fake xd
I dress all preppy with preppy clothes from preppy stores and I honestly hate it. I wish I had the guts to dress goth(in a tasteful manner of course. I don't wan't to end up like this:User Image) but I'm too scared that I'll get teased again.
It's funny, I sit in class with my golden tan, blonde hair and my pink clothes listening to my cute little MP3 player that sits in my cute little purse. I look ridiculasly preppy, but I'm listening to Incubus Sukkubus. xd

Are there any like me in here, or am I the only phoney?
If you would be so kind, could you post examples of tasteful goth style that I could wear without worrying about sticking out way too much.

I am not a closet... I am open, and wear goth clothing, and stuff like that on a daily basis...  

Devils_lilboy

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:08 am
ketchakik
i've been in the closet...i've been in the broom closet...but i've never been a closet goth...though frequently i'm forced to be a weekend goth....uniforms suck
Oh, I feel your pain hun.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:38 pm
-Resurrected Writer-

I have beautiful crosses and crusifixes heart
I have one that looks almost Celtic. 4laugh

xX-Thumbelina-Xx

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:10 pm
[~H-a-M-t-A-r-O~]
-Resurrected Writer-

I have beautiful crosses and crusifixes heart
I have one that looks almost Celtic. 4laugh

Sounds very good 3nodding
I own a celtic cross pendant, myself ^^ They're gorgeous.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff