Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Whats you'r favorite quote

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wiccan_guy

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:38 pm
The essence of independence has been to think and act according to standards from within, not without. Inevitably anyone with an independent mind must become "one who resists or opposes authority or established conventions": a rebel. If enough people come to agree with, and follow, the Rebel, we now have a Devil. Until, of course, still more people agree. And then, finally, we have --- Greatness.

~Aleister Crowley  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:51 pm
wiccan_guy
The essence of independence has been to think and act according to standards from within, not without. Inevitably anyone with an independent mind must become "one who resists or opposes authority or established conventions": a rebel. If enough people come to agree with, and follow, the Rebel, we now have a Devil. Until, of course, still more people agree. And then, finally, we have --- Greatness.

~Aleister Crowley
0o0...wow...i like that....i like it alot....  

twilight insanity

T-kal Thornside

Dapper Smoker

3,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:11 pm
"Your scorn for mediocrity blinds you to its vast primitive power. You stand in the glare of your own brilliance, unable to see into the dim corners of the room, to dilate your eyes and see the potential dangers of the mass, the wad of humanity. Even as I tell you this, dear student, you cannot quite believe that lesser men, in whatever numbers, can really defeat you. But we are in the age of the mediocre man. He is dull, colorless, boring -- but inevitably victorious. The amoeba outlives the tiger because it divides and continues in its immortal monotony. The masses are the final tyrants. See how, in the arts, Kabuki wanes and withers while popular novels of violence and mindless action swamp the mind of the mass reader. And even in that timid genre, no author dares to produce a genuinely superior man as his hero, for in his rage of shame the mass man will send his yojimbo, the critic, to defend him. The roar of the plodders is inarticulate, but deafening. They have no brain, but they have a thousand arms to grasp and clutch at you, drag you down." -- Trevanian  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:09 pm
Quote:
The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey – don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we … kill those people. "Shut him up. We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because – it's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.

No not a spiritual leader or writer, really... Just my most favorite comedian, Bill Hicks.  

Jezehbelle

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:36 am
I just found this amusing...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I hate quotations.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:17 am
"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." ~Ghandi  

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:05 pm
Azana Brown
"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." ~Ghandi

I have never heard this quote and this is so true!

My favorite quote? I used to use a quote a day in my email signature so I have to think for a second...

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, /
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” — William
Shakespeare

This is what I tell people who refuse to open their minds!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:44 am
"Children are Tyrants. The Contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyranize their teachers."
-Socrates  

born2rock16

Boadicia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:44 am
Here's another one from Ghandi when he was asked what he thought of Western civilization.

"Western civilization? I think it would be a great idea."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:35 pm
Azana Brown

I have only heard this once before and it's one of my favorite quotes from Gandhi  

Shogun_Emrys

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff