Ok, So Maybe I Didn't Win...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Perverse

Big Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:57 am
The Avatar Arena is a tough place. I'd say that when you've made it there you can make it anywhere, but chances are good that if you make it there you're just a good cosplayer.

However, every week there are maybe 1-3 non-cosplay avatars that do manage to place in the top 10, which is no easy thing to accomplish. I've never managed to place in the top 10, and I've just about given up hope that I ever will...but, I have placed in the top 100.

This past week I reached my career best of finishing in 78th place with a score of 8.1. While it's not the top 10 and there's no gold prize or notoriety, it does make me feel proud of myself.

What's the best you've done in the arena? Will you keep plugging away for that top 10 spot? How do you feel about the arena to begin with?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:44 pm
    LAWL WILL U DON8 2 ME OR B MY FRIEND!?!?!?!?!/1/1/ LOLOLOL
    xd It had to be said. Sorry.

Anyway, I hate the AA. I only find a good avatar every once in a while. Like, once every twenty minutes, and I usually don't spend that much time in the AA. I have yet to enter, mainly because my avatars aren't good enough, and I can't think of a cosplay.

Well, I can...Yes, yes I can. 4laugh I know exactly who I'll cosplay as, too. xd -writes message in mind- ninja

But really, the AA is just where CBers can gather and ogle at the mysterious items known as donation items from years ago. DD: And where they can find Naruto cosplays. And see Gaara about fifteen times.

`Monox!de

Pixie Saylor

Dapper Capitalist

6,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:55 am
I should enter my current avatar as a sort of last hurrah for it. I've had it for nearly a month!
Anyway, my best place was in the 40s, but it was a cosplay of Padme from SW. Been considering re-entering it, because layering kicked it's a**.
*enters avatar*  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:54 pm
been on 4th place in the early years of the AA and thats it >_>

I was lucky! XD  

zeo_moshimoshi

Aged Member

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Lucca Ashtear

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:09 pm
I think I made the top 50 the one time I entered. It was a tribute to Alfred Hitchcock and Daphne Du Maurier.  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:50 pm

I just got 184th, which is like wow for me xD

I love it when people in there tell me I don't match, but they themselves are wearing a giant pile of the latest donation items. xD

Accidie

`Monox!de

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:10 pm
[ k u r u ~ c h a n]

I just got 184th, which is like wow for me xD

I love it when people in there tell me I don't match, but they themselves are wearing a giant pile of the latest donation items. xD

They think they're being cool when they understand how to match, but when they see something that does NOT match, but the colors look nice together, and the avi itself is wonderfully amazing, they have an overload. "IT LOOKS GOOD AND DOESN'T MATCH!?!?!?!/1/1 IS THIS POSSIBLE!?!?!//111HSLFKDDJF;LA" thus explaining the reason behind their saying you don't match. :>

The end.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:12 am
User Image User ImageEvery time I entered (4 times) I've been in the top 30's. Even made it in the top 10 a few times in the week of voting, but I'm eventually voted out by Sunday. xp Closest I got was rank 14. So close. whee

What I'm missing on all my entries is a good story.. er I mean description. i r knot good right person.
ninja  

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

[K!ng]

Sparkly Shade

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:07 pm
I dunno. I've placed 9 times now ('bout to be 10), and only one of those were cosplays. I did Master Roshi from DBZ. xD All the others were strictly matching avatars though. So I don't think you can only make it up there regularly if you're good at cosplaying.

I do agree with you about it being a tough place though.
I've entered every week for a looong time now, and come close without making it so many times.
It's very frustrating! But you just gotta keep trying if you really want to make it to the top. n-n;

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games