Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
LED crochet hooks

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tes

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:40 pm
~
Has anyone here used or know anything about those killer glowing crochet hooks? How are they? Work nicely? Worth the price?

I think they are wicked and I want to know if I should pick up a few/set.

~

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:04 pm
I've only seen them. Also saw a set of knittng needles that lit up (knit1light1). But I wasn't sure if they were worth the price. >_> Ok my post didn't help at all.  

Silver Sunrise

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:42 pm
I've never seen glowy crochet hooks, just knitting needles. I'm curioius now...  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:56 pm
I bought one when I went to Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival last weekend. However, my mother quickly snatched it up, shoved money into my hand, and took off with it. gonk

They do look cool, don't they? 3nodding

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

Tes

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:15 pm
~
They are fantastic! surprised

I want to know if the claim that they help in low light is true and also how it feels to have the yarn/thread move over them. Find your hook and leave the money your mum gave you in it's place and then try it out and tell me, please heart

~

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:35 pm
ooooh glowy crochet needles? That means I can crochet when my mom sends me to bed at night?? xDD sounds neat!~  

Peprika

Noob

7,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:05 pm
I'm nearly frightened by this idea. Nearly. The rest of me is intruiged and rather would like to poke a hook like this.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:35 pm

i have seen the LED for kntiting and heard of the hooks, i prefer ones that are better for my hands, instead of the apperince, i rather go with quality or good deal or even efficiency.

Kanhoro

Tes

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:34 pm
Kanhoro

i have seen the LED for kntiting and heard of the hooks, i prefer ones that are better for my hands, instead of the apperince, i rather go with quality or good deal or even efficiency.
~
I realy have to ask, how any one needle is better for the hands than any other? I mean with crochet hooks there are ones with padding for the hands, even in the LED ones there are ones with nice hand grips. However a knitting needle regardless of what it is made out of is shaped like.. a knitting needle. Also, being that you've only seen and not used I am not sure that you are fully aware of the quality, if they are prone to bending or breaking is one thing but I must say in all the years that I have done crochet I have never bent or broken a hook from proper use, I have even used cheapy 5/$1 hooks when I was on vacation and left behind some crucial hooks.

If this is about bamboo knitting needle elitism then, whatevs. I prefer a slick hook over wooden ones; I really enjoy a high polished steel hook. If you just think that there shouldn't be fun tools and that everyone should take the craft seriously, also whatevs; I am a child at heart and want to be amused in all the things I do in my free time.

All I really want to know is how the yarn moves over the hooks. They are some sort of plastic but sometimes plastic needles/hooks have seaming that hasn't been trimmed and are catchy when working with them. I want to know if there is seaming and if it is smoothed down; I want to know if the hooks are slick and manouverable, or slippy and uncontrollable? Are they a joy to work with? Do they help in low light like they claim?

Just because they look good doesn't mean that they can't also potentially be a good tool.

~

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:53 pm
I've seen the LED knitting needles and I have to say that is a great idea. I would like to get some so I could knit while watching a movie or something. smile  

faeriebell

Eloquent Conversationalist

15,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items