Welcome to Gaia! ::

Prisoners of Society- An Alternative Music Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply At the Library.-- Favorite Music Magazines & Books.
It's Kind of a Funny Story.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

"I LOVE YOU, NIA!"
  "Your a** is where they got the heart logo!"
View Results

Killer Zeit
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

^ It's huge, in case you couldn't see. Rofl.

Anyway... yeah.
This book, is a great book. For anyone who has ever been depressed, or thought they were depressed, or, hell... for anyone who's just even been REALLY SAD can understand the kid in this book.

It's about a kid who moves to the city, particularly, right next to the Brooklyn Bridge. He gets accepted into this High School were you practically have to have a 4.0 or HIGHER to even be considered being accepted in.

He meets this guy, Aaron, who becomes his best friend.
Aaron is smart, and has this girlfriend, who the main character, Craig, likes.

However, Aaron does drugs and smokes pot.
So Craig gets into smoking pot. His classes start becoming too hard for him and he gets stressed. He can barely keep food down when he eats.
His doctors put him on Zoloft, he gets off of it, and starts to go to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge...

Though I won't go any further, I'll spoil it.

But I have to say, it's extremely funny, it actually makes you laugh out loud (I did during State Testing!), and it's just a pleasure to read.
Hell, I'd read it again.
I seriously recommend it.

"Mom said to never to do drugs. It's a choice, and it's a choice where you always have to say no.
Though my dad sat I could go off and do drugs after SATs.
Then mom got really mad at dad." -- Craig.

And if you like it enough, there's a second book, and though it's kinda crappy, it's still worth a shot.
It's called Be More Chill.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:01 pm
a kid in my class was reading that last year...being immature boys they were, they were all reading the sex scenes out loud, but other than that it seemed like a pretty good book  

queenotheworld

Killer Zeit
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:13 pm
queenotheworld
a kid in my class was reading that last year...being immature boys they were, they were all reading the sex scenes out loud, but other than that it seemed like a pretty good book

Yeah, I got freshman kids that will look over my shoulder to see what I'm reading and yell stuff out. neutral  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:57 pm
Dude, I freaking love that book.
I saw it a couple of weeks ago when I was at the library, and I was reminded about how someone mentioned it on this guild.
I really need to get it and re-read it.  

silverbleach42

At the Library.-- Favorite Music Magazines & Books.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games