Reply 75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies
Has anyone read the Dragonlance series? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shadow_rose18

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:15 pm
Has anyone read the Dragonlance series books by Magaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman? I really love them. I don't really like any of the other Dragonlance books (ones by other authors). The dragonlance series has many different books but I think the best ones are by the authors I listed above. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:41 am
I haven't read all of them, since as you point out, not all are by the original authors, but I did like the ones by Weis and Hickman. Who's your favorite character in those?  

Living Ink
Crew

Ignolopi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:57 pm
I've read a lot of Dragonlance books. I think my favorite (besides the trilogy) was 'Weasel's Luck' by Michael Williams. I also liked the icewall trilogy by Douglas Niles.
When I read the trilogy by Weis and Hickman (dragons of a...) I read the annotated version. It was really interesting reading all the notes... though I can't remember much now :p
Have you read any of the ones by Weis and Perrin?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:31 pm
Weis and Hickman are great together. I really enjoy thier dragonlance novels. The only dragonlance novels I read. I do wish they would do more mag7 books though.  

Cactiofdoomwoe

x BurgerQueen x

Greedy Prophet

8,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:55 am
i like them a lot. raistlin is adorable heart heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:08 pm
Living Ink
I haven't read all of them, since as you point out, not all are by the original authors, but I did like the ones by Weis and Hickman. Who's your favorite character in those?

Probably Raistlin.  

shadow_rose18

x BurgerQueen x

Greedy Prophet

8,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:02 am
they're going to make a dragonlance animation, r so i've heard. can't wait to see it whee  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:49 pm
I love Tika. With her spiffy fryin' pan.  

Teatottle

Lord Relin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:40 pm
I like Sturm, what a macho man whose full of chivalistic values...perfect model for today's homo faber...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:05 pm
Read the Dragons in college but have not read any other ones although I always meant to read the ones about the brothers. (All my guy friends wanted to be Raistlin but I prefer Sturm - I'm a romantic gal at heart)  

Hi-Z-32

Shamakhan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:17 am
I've read a lot of them, but I have to agree, Weis and Hickman are the BEST!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:51 am
I've only read those by Weis and Hickman, the Chronicles and the Legends (Dragons of Autumn Twilight/Winter Night/Spring Dawning & Time/War/Test of the Twins). They were the first Highfantasy I ever read, but I still think they're great.
And I love Tasselhoff and Fizban. Especially together. Tasselhoff says all those wise, cute things, and Fizban is just... Fizban. I remember laughing out loud during those three or so pages in Test of the Twins, the only time he showed up in that trilogy, but they managed to queeze in EVERY joke he ever said.

Otherwise, I always liked Tanis, and Raistlin fascinated me a lot. Raistlin was OK, but when he became more than half Fistandantilus, he was just scary.  

Mianio

Diraconia Noir

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:57 am
I saw the Dragonlance Animated movie.. It was very good, but I can't wait to see the rest smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:04 am
the movie was ok if somewhat childish in the animation
i have read all the dragon lance books at least once
some 2 or 3 times
hubby and one of my sons also loves these books

tanis, tas, flint, raistlan and fizban are my favs  

mccullars

Void Dragoon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:01 pm
The first Dragonlance trilogy I read was the War of the Souls, which has to be my favorite.

Later I went back and read the first trilogy, and am now finishing up the Dark Disciple trilogy (I have the 3rd book, but haven't had the time to read it).

Mina definitely has to be my favorite character. Although Tasslehoff is hilarious, and as someone mentioned him and Fizban make a great combo.

75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff