Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Question, when you started Knitting... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Answer?
  all the time
  sometimes
  no, not to me
View Results

Minyaagar

Eloquent Lover

8,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:35 am
Did you get addicted to working on one item of clothing?
The reason why I'm asking is because when I started I made tons of scarves, and then I got addicted to knitting hats, and now, socks. I've made about 4 pair of socks already, and going to start on a fifth pair.
Have you had this problem?  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:52 am
Nope. I mostly knit whatever looks good at the time. Actually, my first pattern was a pair of fingerless gloves on DPNs, which I had to edit because my hands were too small for the sizes given. Before that I'd knit a few scarves sans pattern, including my beloved Ugly Scarf mrgreen  

Mangolyn

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:13 pm
I've been a hat addict for several years. I've tried becoming addicted to other things, but hats remain my favorite.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:57 pm
Being the novice knitter that I am, I am just sticking to scarves. Although there is a hat pattern I'm going to start. But I'm working on a made up Slytherin scarve.  

nax is back

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:38 pm
I tend to knit with the end result in mind - not necessarily the end product, but the result. Its not that i'm knitting a scarf, its that when i'm done i'll have a scarf that i wanted. Its not that i'm knitting a hat, its that i'm knitting a present for my friend and she likes hats. Its not that i'm crocheting a stuffed rabbit, its that stuffed rabbits are so cute that this one will bring happiness to somebody. So no, i can't say i've really gotten addicted to a certain thing, at least not with knitting or crocheting.

when it comes to sewing, i do get on a bit of a kick... I become slightly addicted to altering barbie cloths to fit my dollie, or making dollie dresses or working on a specific project, till i just can't leave it alone, and i end up having a garment done twice as fast as anyone was expecting, or tones of doll dresses or all of my barbie cloths collection altered, or tons and tons of plushies....  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:17 pm
I have to admit...I'm a little addicted to circular knitting needles.  

Mildred Pierce

ladyleprechaun13

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:42 pm
I don't have the attention span to get addicted to something. I'm usually working on 5-10 projects at once.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:04 pm
Socks are terribly addicting. I've been wanting to knit nothing BUT socks for the last month or so. 3nodding  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

Beboots

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:10 pm
I've been addicted to knitting socks since I learnt how to knit them two years ago - I must have knit at least twenty of them by now - not all of them matching. I'm working on a stocking right now. And in the past year, the only things that I've knit that haven't been footwear were two scarves - one for the homeless shelter at Christmas time, and the other for my grandmother in England. mrgreen Yup, I'm addicted to socks. I feel like Dobby the house-elf in that respect. heart  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:20 am
That sounds exactly like me. 4laugh
I am now addicted to knitting tubes on my DPNs but I haven't seen a tutorial that really makes me understand how to turn a heel.
So for now, I have lots or arm warmers and leg warmers.  

Umberella

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:47 pm
I'm currently heart 'ing Moebius knitting. I got my bag OffTN and in the wash for felting, and I've already got a scarf OTN.

(And I'm supposed to be working on a Goomba sweater for my husband. sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:08 pm
I got stuck to crocheting beanies at one point, they were so easy to make and I made a great profit off of them 3nodding  

RocknRollDragon

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:17 pm
I did a lot of scarves when I first started. I still do a lot of scarves, just because they're really easy and don't take a lot of yarn. Although, I think socks may be my new thing. There are so many awesome sock patterns out there on the internets.  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:43 pm
I'm totally addicted to socks because there are so many amazing patterns and yarns available. And, you can completely change the look of a pattern just with the yarn you choose. I'm so obsessed with them, that the pair currently on my needles is coming to the symphony with me tonight.

I'm actually in my self-proclaimed "Year of Socks and Sweaters." So far the only non-sweater/sock item I knit this year was an entrelac scarf.  

Tinuvial

krapolaonastick

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:01 pm
well... when i learned how to knit, i learned "left" handed and i am as addictied as everyone else  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff