Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
I can't name my neighborhoods..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WindhoesXP

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:13 pm
All my neighborhoods show up; but their descriptions and neighborhood names are always blank every time I load it. It will let me name them when I want to; and it will show up once I stop typing but the next time I load my game up the desc. and name will be blank again. The only towns that still have their names and descriptions are the 3 starter towns that came with the base game. I have nightlife, pets, and university. I also dl alot of custom content, but never custom lots.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:48 am
That sounds very unusual. I have one custom neighbourhood in my game and I have been able to change the name and type descriptions for it and the subhoods with no problems.
I have loads of custom content too, including lots, and I have all of the Expansion Packs. I don't have celebration stuff or the christmas pack though.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Captain Jenocidal

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:30 pm
I've never had any trouble with this, but when did this happen? If the problem occured after you downloaded something, I suggest copying the custom content to a new folder outside the sims 2 folder and deleting the originals from the dowloads folder. Then you can go in the game and see if you continue to have the problem. If so, you'll know it's due to one of those dowloads you moved. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:14 pm
I have the same problem!
I have pets and ofb and lots of custom content.  

Zanily

Codebreaking Fatcat

10,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items