View Results

II Earl Grey II

Demonic Dabbler

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:12 am
Some of you who were in the old 2006 topic may remember that when we changed topics we lost a lot of people for no reason. People just...don't follow topics very well. =.=

So is there a reason that when the convention ends I can't just change the 07' topic to an 08' topic and update all the information, instead of creating an entire new topic?

I'll do it though, I was actually in the middle of setting one up when I thought about it. It would be kind of nice to have one super long Fanime topic that has like a thousand pages.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:54 pm
It's a good idea in theory. Think about how Gaia works. Most new comers would see the massive topic and just go to a different thread. It's nice to have a clean thread for each topic.

However, you could always archive the previous threads and link to them from the new one.  

Frog Coin

Hallowed Gekko

9,000 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Blacklynn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:47 pm
Big threads are scary! sad  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:06 am
Yeah, I kind of like the idea of a new topic because it's clean cut. If you want a massively extensive forum, then maybe you should wait until the Fanime season comes closer when people will be checking the guild more often. If all else fails, you can post a bumping count down party until Fanime happens. Then more people will bump and converse thus, extending the thread to possibly 1,000 pages. 3nodding Hopefully...  

Abiding Angel

Friendly Hoarder

15,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
The Fanime Con Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items