PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:18 pm
User Image

LINE UP
Vocal : Miyawaki Wataru
Guitar : Sakai Hiroaki
Guitar : Suga Yuusuke
Bass : Enya Tomoyuki (ex.Tomo)
Drums : Kawauchi Tohru

12012 (pronounced 'ichi ni zero ichi ni') is a visual rock band based in the Kansai region of Japan. The band's interesting name comes from the California penal code, which means "possession of a dangerous weapon". With five members, the lyrics are always written by vocalist Miyawaki Wataru who uses their songs to create a story. Their music style tends to be harder rock, with a dark and aggressive undercurrent.

BIOGRAPHY
12012 began officially in 2003 on May 1st, immediately signing with Undercode Productions, home to other bands such as Vidoll and Phantasmagoria. They ended May together with their first live at a club in Osaka on the 31st. That summer, they released their first maxi-single, "depression sign". Limited to 1000 copies, it's now become very sought after by fans.

Participating in various events and contributing to numerous omnibuses, 12012's popularity increased throughout 2003 and into 2004. In October of 2004, they organized a six-day event/tour called Guilty of Six Days, in which each show was managed by one member of 12012, aside the final in which the whole band participated in organizing. Bands such as Duel Jewel and Panic Channel were featured along with numerous others. In that same month, they began a three month long consecutive release schedule; the mini album "Bell salem" was released in October, followed by the mini album "Knight Mare" in November, and finally the mini album "shin~deep" in December. They ended 2004 by performing in two different cities, Tokyo and Osaka, in the same day.

In February of 2005, they held their first one-man at the ESAKA MUSE which was later released on DVD. In May, they celebrated their second anniversary as a band before re-releasing a slew of their older material, including "depression sign". In July, they released a DVD containing some of their PVs before going into a short September tour.

12012 only seemed to pick up steam as the band went into 2006; continuing to participate in various events, they released three photobooks before the middle of the year and two full albums. The first was their first full album, "PLAY DOLLS", which was released in two versions, one containing a DVD and the other a bonus CD. They also released a 'best of' album entitled "not obtain+1". As May rolled around, they held a oneman tour to celebrate their three years together and released a new single, "Heart". A DVD with footage from the tour was later released in August.

Despite all of this touring and releasing, the band was apparently still not ready to rest as Miyawaki Wataru and Sakai Hiroki dropped in on some of their international fans at the Anime Expo in 2006 in southern California to shake hands and sign autographs. This was just a hint of things to come as the entire band then went to Germany and France in the fall to perform for their international fans before returning to America to perform at the Onicon Convention held in Texas. In-between all of this, they'd also released three consecutive singles; "PISTOL" in September, "wana" in October, and finally "Over..." in November. They held another tour in Japan then, stretching from mid-November to December.

Change seems to be in the air for this band as they went into 2007. After their graduation from their indies label, Undercode Productions, they signed to a new label called Back Coat in February. Although they've changed labels, 12012's work ethic doesn't seem to have changed in the slightest as they've already announced the release of a summer single and tour.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:46 pm
I love them heart  

fuzzie slippers

Gazette88
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:48 am
12012 is pertty kool i like there music a lot^^  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:41 am
hey does anyone know if they've released their single Cyclone?
or does anyone know where i can download it?
i've been obsessed with it since i've seen that preview on their site (this was when they were constructing their site...so the video is off now TT____TT)

gahhhh can't find it ANYWHERE!!!

edit: ah and YESSS i LOVE THEMmM!!! ^____^ V  

dreamallure
Crew

7,550 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Keeper of the Jeep

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:01 am
I really like 12012! I havent listened to much of their music, but what I have heard was really good blaugh 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:28 pm
Keeper of the Jeep
I really like 12012! I havent listened to much of their music, but what I have heard was really good blaugh 3nodding

You should listen to them more~
I recommend Play Dolls.

Their newer stuff is less serious, but...it's also pretty good. ^^;;

Kurezi

walcalr01

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:37 pm
I love the Heart single (I have all the types) and Icy cold city (1st time I ever listened to 12012 song which was like last year I think)  
Music

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games