Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lobster Shovers United

Back to Guilds

We shove lobsters 

Tags: lobsters, seafood, pooping, oregon 

Reply #41- HOW TO STAY SAFE FROM HACKERS / SCAMMERS !!!!!!!!!!!
This is a common scam dont fall for it!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Has this happened to you?
  No
  Yes
  Yes and i was stupid and fell for it
View Results

Flateyrarhreppur
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:49 am
So yeah alot of scammers use something like this this has happened to me twice and i reported both lol

We have a few reports of you hacking accounts on Gaia. In order to avoid immediate ban, we require your password to check your trade history. If you take longer then 5 minutes to respond to this warning, your account will be permanently banned, unless you are offline at the time, in that case, you will have a 24 hour period to do so. If you choose to cooperate and we find you guilty, your ban will be temporary. If you choose to disobey, your account will lose all of its rights and your IP will be blocked from our site.

DONT FALL FOR IT! NEVER GIVE YOUR PASSWORD REPORT THEM ITS A SCAM!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:48 pm
I had one just like that but it gave me 10 minutes.

As you can see in that pm it was asking for your password. hacker/scam pm DO NOT reply to it. Report it and then delete it.

There is another pm out there to I forgot what it said but if I get one again I will copy and paste it here for all to see and to beware of it.

If you have any pm that is asking for your password, report it, delete it and do not reply to it. Hackers are very cleaver and will try/say anything for you to give them your password. They will try to scare you. Like this one pm here that butheadbob posted for us to see. So be careful.  

PrincessDarkFire

Legolas_of_Mirkwood_lover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:00 pm
wat i do, to see if it works, (like saying they'll give u gold, items etc.) i just create another account that ill probably wont go on.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:23 am
Even my teens didn't fall for that one. Report and Delete only.  

Topaz Citrine

#41- HOW TO STAY SAFE FROM HACKERS / SCAMMERS !!!!!!!!!!!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games