Welcome to Gaia! ::

Prisoners of Society- An Alternative Music Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Hello, My Name Is On Your TV!-- Movies & Television.
Movie Reviews, so you can find out if it's worth your time. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rayne_phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:33 pm
So heres a thread where you can
ask for someones opinion about a movie,
anwser if it's any good,
or if you really like/dislike a movie you can inform others about your opinion!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:12 pm
ok so here's my opinion about some new movies that have recently come out, {remember they are my opinions, so if you feel differently, then that's your right, this is simply what I think of them, so please don't attack me):

28 Weeks Later: 10/10 I have to agree with the critics this is one of the best sequals I've ever seen, most sequals are only made to make money since the first was so praised, but this one actually have a great plot and didn't let up
Disturbia: 8.5/10 very good for me, I expected more of a comedy/parady but was surprised to fine that it had a plot and was actually more of a thriller, so for me a good surpirse. Although advertised a lot *If you look in the right places* it was a good film to watch if you're bored. Not sure if it'd be worth a "midnight showing", might be, might not, depending on what you like, but it was good and had a good couple of "don't go up the stairs" yelling scenes *my favorite types, the ones where you're so into the scene you yell at the screen*.
The Invisible: 6/10 With as much advertising I saw for this film it was a disappointment for me personally, after seeing the previews I was anticipating it so much I went out and found a translated book that the orginal movie was based off (the was a remake of a movie based on a book) and very much loved the book. Once I saw the movie, although it was good, three things in particular bugged me, (1) the one scene in the trailer with the old man never appeared in the movie and (2) the ending 'sold out' and was different from what happened in the book, and (3) his best friend in the movie wasn't in the book, so all the scenes with him weren't at all like the book. Now I know that things in the movies based on books often have a lot of differences, and I was expecting that, but the first half of the movie followed the book, and then all of a sudden nothing made sense any more. *Hopefully I didn't give away anything*
El Laberinto del fauno: 9/10 This movie was so much fun to watch for me, I loved the creativness of it overall and the CGI for it was amazing. I loved the ending for it. The only thing that annoyed me a little was how only about 25% of the movie was 'supernatural', and when I sat down to watch it I was expecting it to be a supernatural movie, bt of course this was mostly my fault for not reading most reviews for this, and the few I did did mention a good portion took place with a war...
Shrek the Third: 5/10 This movie disappointed me for the most part, for some reason it just didn't feel like the makers put everything into it, it was lacking something for me. I looked at other reviews for the movie, and tried to find what was lacking, but I couldn't figure it out. It mostly recieved mixed reviews, landing it somewhere in the middle. Not worth a 'midnight showing', but if your bored and you've seen everything else, it will pass the time.
Spiderman 3: 7.9/10 Majoritally good, worth seeing, funny for me because of the CGI was definitly out there *although good CGI, it just didn't look like it blended into the scene, it looked real out of context to the backround*. As much more as I'd like to say, I don't want to say any spoilers so I'll just say this, go see it, if you have to go to the bathroom go because it isn't ending anytime soon, and don't believe anyones dead until you have undenible proof.
Vacancy: 8.5/10 Beat my expectations by far. With the lack of advertiseing for it I thought that it wouldn't be that good or they'd be pushing it more, but after seeing it I realized it was good enough it didn't need pushing. Great movie to see at night in an empty theatre. Sidenote: I loved the intro credits for some reason, I don't know why though....

rayne_phantom

Killer Zeit
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:23 pm
Hot Fuzz: 9/10: Very, very good film.
It has everything. It's got a good cast. A good story, it keeps you entertained.

It's got good graphics as well. You have to be into the theme, though. But it's still worth paying money to see.

And I also agreed with you on Disturbia, 28 Weeks Later, and Shrek III. xD

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:28 pm
the Messengers
6.9/10
*coming to dvd*
This is the first American Horror Film the famous twin Pang brothers have done
famous for "Gin gwai" which is now being remade as "The Eye" staring Jessica Alba
Overall it was a good movie,
it relied a little too much on pops and quick flashes and scary images covering the entire screen so you can't look away to scare the audience
the movie was good even through these faults up untill the end
where of course, since this is an American film they found the need to bring everything to a close even though it would have been better off without one
Verdict: Worth Seeing for the good scenes, but you're better off renting it than buying it...

rayne_phantom

Killer Zeit
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:38 pm
Kickin' It Old School: 7/10: The only word I can think of to describe this is "cute."

It's about a kid in high school and he has a break dancing team with his friends.
He hits his head and is in a coma for 20 years, then comes out of it. So he's still like a little kid inside and it's the cutest thing ever.

So there's a contest for $100,000.00 for best break dancing team, and he wants to pay his parents back for his life support so they can keep their house.
He gets his buddies back together and it's just them trying to do what they used to do.

Though it looks low budget, it's very touching. It brings you back to your childhood, it makes you think about how much you love people, and how the world is.
It's very, very inspiring.
And I'll say it again, really cute.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:37 pm
I know you already reveiwed Spider-Man 3, but:

Spider-Man 3 Don't ******** see it. Wait until you can pirate it.

Zealous Blue
Captain

rayne_phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:11 pm
Zealous Blue

it dissappointed me too.... so did Pirates 3....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:24 pm
rayne_phantom
Zealous Blue

Hm...

I actually liked Pirates 3. I think it was better than 2.

Zealous Blue
Captain

Killer Zeit
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:03 pm
Bug: 2/10: I don't know why it isn't a ******** 0/10.

Seriously, it's so bad, I won't even talk about it for the sake of review.
Take my advice.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:05 pm
Knocked Up: 6.5/10: Funny in it's own way. It makes you laugh but not crazy laughing or anything.
I mean, some people did, but I think she was high.

Anyway, I personally thought 40-Year Old Virgin was a LOT better than this movie. It was cute, funny, gross, serious, and just a great mix of things at the same time.

You should see it, but don't pay $10.50 for a ticket like I did if you just "kinda" wanna see it.

Killer Zeit
Vice Captain

Killer Zeit
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:06 pm
I will review 1408, if I DO see it.
It scares the s**t out of me and I might not be able to sleep for the rest of my life.

NOW, they're even showing previews on TV!
I haven't watched TV in 4 days because I don't want to see the previews.
That is how scared it made me. It was ******** trippy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:05 am
Zeit Rachen Havoc
I will review 1408, if I DO see it.
It scares the s**t out of me and I might not be able to sleep for the rest of my life.

NOW, they're even showing previews on TV!
I haven't watched TV in 4 days because I don't want to see the previews.
That is how scared it made me. It was ******** trippy.

really? I don't expect it to be that scary... but then again the only movie that ever scared me was The Exercisim [sp?] of Emily Rose, but that was only because I woke up smelling buring *idiot guys working on the heating system, they had to do it the one day after I watched that movie*
I'll review it if you don't

rayne_phantom

rayne_phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:09 am
Hannibal Rising: 5/10 overall it was a good movie, and the scene with the guy in the vat og water was awsome (actor actully had to have the lid closed on him, and he was castrophobic so the actor wasn't pretending screaming) although it lacked a little here and there and had a slow pace, the plot was worth seeing it I think, cinematography was good, I liked the color scale, the only thing that really bugged me was the actor's accent, I had to keep turning up the volume to hear/understand him which annoyed me... People are obviously going to compare it to Silence of the Lambs, and no sequal or prequal to it will ever be able to rival it....

sorry the review was so late, I saw the movie along time ago, just forgot to put my thoughts up here...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:14 am
Zealous Blue
rayne_phantom
Zealous Blue

Hm...

I actually liked Pirates 3. I think it was better than 2.

sadly I didn't really like it, the first one was great, and even I'll *not a JD fan* will admit he was a good actor in it.
the 2nd was bound to disapoint because of the smount of advertising it had
and the third, well I thought that if it had a good plot it was bound to do good because the second one dissapointed that this would beat the expectations, but for me the series only seems to be going downhill and I hope they don't make a forth, I don't think any movie has ever done well after four movies UNLESS it was planned to have more (star wars, harry, ect.) so unless from the start you plan on doing four +, just don't make four..... be smart and have a heart for the poor people in the audience...

rayne_phantom

Hello, My Name Is On Your TV!-- Movies & Television.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games