Reply DS Connection
Nintendo DS online questions Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Glass Dominion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:05 pm
1) will there be a head gear thing so you can talk? rumor has it there will. maybe a link if one exists
2) will there actualy be a USB converter to make an access point for the DS?
3) will you beable to create a room of many (like host a server usign your DS) and wait for people to join?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:09 pm
BlackGnome
1) will there be a head gear thing so you can talk? rumor has it there will. maybe a link if one exists
3) will you beable to create a room of many (like host a server usign your DS) and wait for people to join?

1) No need. There's a microphone on the unit, itself. It can be used to communicate to friends.

2) No. There is no way to set this up.

3) It's a distinct possibility, but it will be left up to each, individual game.  

Edymion
Captain

Glass Dominion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:25 am
Edymion
BlackGnome

1) No need. There's a microphone on the unit, itself. It can be used to communicate to friends.

3) It's a distinct possibility, but it will be left up to each, individual game.

what do you mean there is no way to set it up? the internet can be used through USB...all it would have to do is act like a wireless router right?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:46 am
on a game on the pc i play counter strike there is a language translator, when animal crossing and other games enablin u to speak come out will there be a function that translates for u so u can talk to foreigners  

HellsMajesty

Glass Dominion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:27 am
im jsut wondering how good the built in mic is. i doubt its great quality. so no usb port adaptor?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:37 am
BlackGnome
im jsut wondering how good the built in mic is. i doubt its great quality. so no usb port adaptor?

The built in mic is good. Have you seen any demos of people playing Nintendogs? It works just like it's supposed to  

Smithium

Glass Dominion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:40 pm
i think you miss my point. i doubt if the Mic bult in would be the best choice for comunication for the DS online. yes its a mic and it does work, but can it be good enough to carry the voices properly so we can talk?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:35 pm
It works with Nintendogs. They're already testing it on Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing DS, and Metroid Prime: Hunters, and I've heard the NP crew say it was good, too.

I'm saying that there is no way for the DS to be adapted to use USB without adding some wild attachment. The DS Cartidge reader isn't exactly designed for such things.  

Edymion
Captain

Glass Dominion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:04 pm
Edymion
It works with Nintendogs. They're already testing it on Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing DS, and Metroid Prime: Hunters, and I've heard the NP crew say it was good, too.

I'm saying that there is no way for the DS to be adapted to use USB without adding some wild attachment. The DS Cartidge reader isn't exactly designed for such things.

or it could jsut act like a wifi hot spot. so the DS's wifi capabilities(sp?) would just talk to it like any other hot spot...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:29 pm
The DS is both WiFi and wireless. Wireless means it can communicate with other DS units within 30'. WiFi means it can connect to hotspots and wireless routers wink  

Edymion
Captain

[Saria]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:57 am
1) Nintendo May realese one later on in the year.
2) No
3) It will depend on the game  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:02 pm
BlackGnome
Edymion
BlackGnome

what do you mean there is no way to set it up? the internet can be used through USB...all it would have to do is act like a wireless router right?

There is no were to put the cable in the DS... If I'm thinking of the same thing you are... sweatdrop  

RAB1D RABB1T

Aged Noob

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:07 pm
@1969

Yep 3nodding There is no way to attach a USB cable to the DS.

@lata

sweatdrop Honestly... There's no point to release a headset as the DS already has a microphone on it. I also don't know if there's a port on the DS that would allow a headset... Hmm? That might be something to look into, ne?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:16 pm
The closest thing to that internet thing was a avitar thing like gaia they will be realeasing but it'll still be hindered be the proximity of the DSs.  

SERPENTLORD

Kitterfox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:25 am
How are you supposed to download things then? The DS has a download feature, but how do I use it!  
DS Connection

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff