Welcome to Gaia! ::

Prisoners of Society- An Alternative Music Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply I Hate Every Day Without You...-- Life Issues & Help Center.
A friend in need

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jezebelle the Cannibal

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:55 pm
Hi all.
Normally I wouldn't trust a forum site with my... personal matters, but I'm really at the end of my rope on this one.
A close friend of mine has been having mood-swings for a long time now, and she was recently diagnosed with a disorder called dysthemia. She had her medications switched (was previously on antidepressants), and her doctor had hoped that would help. My friend goes through random periods of despair and sadness, sometimes for weeks at a time. Even in spite of the change in her meds, she continues to feel more and more lonely and depressed. She wants to admit herself to the psychiatric ward here, which she has done before (two months ago). Another friend thinks that she should give the new medication some time to get into her system, but she really wants to admit herself.
I'm not sure what to do anymore. She's my closest friend, and I just want her to be alright. I don't want to get a call that she's hurt or killed herself, but at the same time the hospital here is horrible (I speak from experience). I guess I'm just looking for advice... what to tell her, what to do, people who have had similar experiences.
Thanks for your time.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:08 pm
well, since the hospital sucks...are there any better hospitals nearby???
they might be able to help better...  

MasterTater

Zealous Blue
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:04 pm
Besides saying that I love your Siouxie signature, I don't think I have much else to say. >>;

Just tell her you love her and are there for her, or talk to her about swithing back to her old meds.

I Hate Every Day Without You...-- Life Issues & Help Center.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games