Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lobster Shovers United

Back to Guilds

We shove lobsters 

Tags: lobsters, seafood, pooping, oregon 

Reply #41- HOW TO STAY SAFE FROM HACKERS / SCAMMERS !!!!!!!!!!!
PM's / Mail to watch out for from hackers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PrincessDarkFire

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:56 pm
I just received this email today.-
--------------------------------------------

Dear, PrincessDarkFire
This is an automated system letter from the Gaia Staff. We are sorry to ask for your password, but we need your password & E-mail to verify that you are a user of Gaia online. You have also been reported of hacking. We will need to check your account, to see if you have ever previously hacked an account. As we said to you before it would be best to give you E-mail followed by your password. In the event that you do not respond to this letter your account well is deleted.

Thank you, from the Gaia Staff.
For your corporation we will give you a free monthly collectible of your choice.
-----------------------------------------------

-If you get one like this report it and do not reply to it. This is a fake, a scam.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:08 am
Here's another one that I have just received...
-------------------------------------------

HELLO THIS IS GAIA MOB WE HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT YOU HAVE BEEN HACKING SO WE WILL NEED YOUR PASSWORD SO WE CAN SEE YOUR TRADE HISTORY IF EVERYTHINGIS GOOD YOU WILL BE BACK ON GAIA BUT IF YOU DONT GIVE USE YOUR PASSWORD YOU WILL BE BAND FROM GAIA !!!!

PASSWORD:

USER:

------------------------------------------

Be aware of this one too!  

PrincessDarkFire

KingOfSpadesDan
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:58 am
here's one that I just received............

We are experiencing trouble with your account we have receive complaints about you hacking in to other profiles. We will need you to give us you name and password. If you do not do this then your account will be deleted we are serious.

Name:
Password:

Sincerely:
the Gaia Administrators
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:32 pm
PrincessDarkFire
Here's another one that I have just received...
-------------------------------------------

HELLO THIS IS GAIA MOB WE HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT YOU HAVE BEEN HACKING SO WE WILL NEED YOUR PASSWORD SO WE CAN SEE YOUR TRADE HISTORY IF EVERYTHINGIS GOOD YOU WILL BE BACK ON GAIA BUT IF YOU DONT GIVE USE YOUR PASSWORD YOU WILL BE BAND FROM GAIA !!!!

PASSWORD:

USER:

------------------------------------------

Be aware of this one too!
lol, that is so poorly written xd  

Aros24

PrincessDarkFire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:03 pm
*Attention Gaia User*
I'm sorry to inform you but your account might get banned. Your account has been reported for scamming and needs to be investigated with further information. Like any other Gaia investigator, we do not want to ban any account for no reason so we just want to help some innocent people out. You will be asked a few questions to verify that this is your account. Please fill out the information requested. If you do not fill out the information requested immediately your account will result in a Perma-Ban.

Password:
E-Mail Address:

Once your account has been verified that its free of faults, your e-mail provider will be notified when your account is done investigation. We thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Admln33

Just got this in, do not respond, report it and don't let it scare you, it's a scam and wants to hack your account, so be aware.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:19 am
Well, I never got any pm's yet asking for my password. Thank god! Now I know not to respond to it when I do. It's a good thing I came in this subforum. ^^!  

TinaQueenOfHearts

KingOfSpadesDan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:29 am
Dear KingofSpadesDan,
You have been suspected of hacking/profiting from hacking which is strictly against the GaiaOnline ToS.

Your account has been REPORTED and needs to be investigated for further information. Like any other Gaian Moderator, we don’t ask for Password information but to clear your report we must know this information to find out if this is really you or a hacker.If you do not fill out the information before you log out, the result will be a Permanent Ban from Gaia.
You may be temporarily logged out. If you Reach a Success sign you are easily cleared and ready to continue Gaia life.

Username:
Password:
Email(Optional):
Once your account has been verified that it is free of any faults, your e-mail provider will be notified. We thank you for your cooperation. In addition to your cooperation if we find out that you are not the hacker then we shall add 100,000 gold to your account.

Sincerely,
The GaiaOnline Regulators
PM 423.738.435.889.345
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:16 pm
I should've posted the one i recieved... i got it awhile back, but it was basically asking for my password and all that and said if i didn't give it to them i'd be banned. Of course i didn't do anything, just sent them a message that i was reporting them, so i reported them... never did hear anything else from the user or the gaia mods... oh well.  

catt725
Crew

5,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Jack-pot 100
#41- HOW TO STAY SAFE FROM HACKERS / SCAMMERS !!!!!!!!!!!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games