Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Do I need to start all over?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:27 pm
Okay so when I load up sims 2, it will stop when loading to play and the music goes all funky too. I have to end task the whole program.
It has done this before but when I tried it again it would work. Now it doesn't.
I tried restarting my computer and cleaning the disk and all that.

I did download Inteenimater (or whatever it's called) yesterday plus some houses and some skintones today, last night I played sims 2 once with inteenimater. It seemed fine last night.
I might try uninstalling inteenimater and then see if it works.
EDIT: I did that. Still doesn't work.

What should I do? Uninstall everything?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:31 am
Before you uninstall everything, just remove your downloads and then try running the game. If your game works then you know there is something causing a problem in your downloads. All you have to do then is slowly put your downloads back a few at a time and then keep running the game until the problem comes back so you should have an idea of whcih file it is. You might want to try it with your saved sims folder too if there is anything in there.
If the problem doesn't go away then an uninstall may be your only answer.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:46 pm
Menaceman
Before you uninstall everything, just remove your downloads and then try running the game. If your game works then you know there is something causing a problem in your downloads. All you have to do then is slowly put your downloads back a few at a time and then keep running the game until the problem comes back so you should have an idea of whcih file it is. You might want to try it with your saved sims folder too if there is anything in there.
If the problem doesn't go away then an uninstall may be your only answer.
That fixed it. I'll just download back my favorite things and check often to make sure everything is good. Sadly this will take a long time.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:34 am
I'm glad I could help. 3nodding  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:06 pm
It did it again.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:02 pm
It could still be one of your downloads causing the problem. You'll just have to go through the process again. You don't have to delete your downloads. Just move the folder onto your desktop and the game will ignore it.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items