Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Attracting stray cats and dogs

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Like the Sims?
  Duh, I wouldn't be here if I didn't!
  Just give me poll gold.
View Results

Strya

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:51 am
Heya. I'd like to be able to befriend and eventually take in stray cats and dogs, but I find that they visit so infrequently that I don't get a chance to build up their friendship. There's almost always a stray cat or dog every day, but never the same one twice within 4 or 5 days.

Is there a way (other than cheats) to get the same animal to visit more often?

Also, is there a way to befriend skunks? smile

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:39 am
Unless you use cheats or hacks to "summon" a particular pet then I don't think there is any way for you to get the same pet to visit more often. It's random like the Sims that walk past your house.

Onto the skunks. Simply put, you can't make friends with them. They are like Mrs. Crumplebottom; you're never intended to be able to make friends with them. Try it with Mrs Crumplbottm and she shouts at you. Try it with a skunk and you get sprayed! Although it is quite funny to watch.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Strya

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:03 pm
Yes, watching a skunk spray is hilarious! One of my cats got sprayed and he licked and licked until he was clean. I don't think that my real cat would react that calmly...

At least with humans passing by, you can go out and meet them, and then call them on the phone later. I don't think strays carry cels. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:06 pm
hm. My lot right now, is a frickin ZOO of strays, and the same ones DO visit frequently. Its a small house, four people, 2 kids, 2 adults. But I think its the mes. It takes room points down, but leave garbage outside, and always have one person home at all times..... Thats basically what I THINK attracts them to my lot...

and, you cannot befriend skunks. i've tried.....and you can take in strays? OMG. Im gonna try that. I always have the same ones <3  

green_llama_girl

mods have small penises

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:07 pm
I want a way to adopt the penguin that comes around during the winter season. That would be so awesome to have around. blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:07 am
green_llama_girl
hm. My lot right now, is a frickin ZOO of strays, and the same ones DO visit frequently. Its a small house, four people, 2 kids, 2 adults. But I think its the mes. It takes room points down, but leave garbage outside, and always have one person home at all times..... Thats basically what I THINK attracts them to my lot...

and, you cannot befriend skunks. i've tried.....and you can take in strays? OMG. Im gonna try that. I always have the same ones <3

Well, when an animal returns, its usually a few-6 days later for dogs, but if you already have a pet, then sometimes for cats its everyday. Leave a food dish and a bed outside, and some toys, the strays freaking love it xD  

green_llama_girl

Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff