Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you count calories?
  calories are stupid.
View Results

NkGuy

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:19 pm
It took me forever to learn how to do it.... now I do it all the time but I feel like I just spam with it... I still don't know how to to use it correctly though... can you use it good?  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:11 pm
I only use it for spacing because I play the princesses, but yes, I can wavedash.

Oh, and lol @ the random poll.

Rhazia

cmdood

Dedicated Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:22 pm
i probably actually already know what it is but don't know its called that what is wavedash?  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:58 am

It's when you jump and immediately airdodge into the ground at an angle that makes your character slide across the ground. It's easiest to see on a character like Luigi.

Rhazia

Ronin_686

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:40 am
Play people who are a lot better than you, and you will learn how to apply wavedashing correctly into your game in a matter of a few days.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:34 pm
What Ronin said. You changed your avi. O_o

I can WD, but I can't WD very well with Ganondorf (My main... crying ) or Bowser. Doc I can WD fairly consistently, and Samus I can WD like there's no tomorrow.

I can WL 95% of the time with Ganondorf, and most of the other characters. It's difficult to pick up, but once you get it, it's just figuring out the jump rate(?) on the characters. Hope that made sense. sweatdrop  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:02 pm
SilentBlackTiger

I can WD, but I can't WD very well with Ganondorf (My main... crying ) or Bowser. Doc I can WD fairly consistently, and Samus I can WD like there's no tomorrow.

I can WL 95% of the time with Ganondorf, and most of the other characters. It's difficult to pick up, but once you get it, it's just figuring out the jump rate(?) on the characters. Hope that made sense. sweatdrop

It's tough to wavedash with Ganondorf confused
Ice Climbers, however, are amazingly easy to wavedash with. Unfortunately, SHFFLing is extremely hard. I dare you to try and short hop with ICs.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:54 pm
SilentBlackTiger

Goin' for a doc cosplay :]  

Ronin_686

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:46 pm
Ronin_686
SilentBlackTiger

Goin' for a doc cosplay :]

It's workin out for ya. smile

And yes, it's ridiculous hard to WD with Ganondorf.

And even HARDER to WD with Bowser. >_<  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:51 pm
I can wavedash with bowser about 90% of the time.. just takes practice  

Ronin_686

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:57 am
I just need to get my timing down. But yes, practice makes perfect.

What I need to learn how to, for Ganondorf, is how to do a ledgehopped U-air. confused I think that would really up my game.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:09 am
SilentBlackTiger

What I need to learn how to, for Ganondorf, is how to do a ledgehopped U-air. confused I think that would really up my game.

That's not very hard.. it should only take like five minutes of practicing to do.  

Ronin_686

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:02 pm
Ronin_686
SilentBlackTiger

That's not very hard.. it should only take like five minutes of practicing to do.

I must be doing something wrong... Whenever I try, I get the u-air, but I drop below the stage, and have to pray my Up+B will reach the ledge. confused  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:00 am
SilentBlackTiger
Ronin_686
SilentBlackTiger

I must be doing something wrong... Whenever I try, I get the u-air, but I drop below the stage, and have to pray my Up+B will reach the ledge. confused

You're just pressing jump too late after pressing down..

What really takes time to learn with ganon is wavelanding from an edge.  

Ronin_686

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:29 pm
Ronin_686
SilentBlackTiger
Ronin_686
SilentBlackTiger

You're just pressing jump too late after pressing down..

What really takes time to learn with ganon is wavelanding from an edge.

Yeah, I've done that a couple times, I just have a hard time jumping up from that first drop.

I can waveland no problem though. wink Waveland to jab is the sex.  
Techniques

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff