Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
my amv i tryed the techniques you suggested

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Siroesta

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:05 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1zP6om_YFY

dont flame me again

pm a response ;D or comment my video

WARNING SHOUNEN-AI IF YOU DISSAPPOVE------DONT WATCH!  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:53 pm
First of all it wasn't a flame. It was constructive criticism. It may have been harsh but if it was a flame it would have been more along the lines of "The video sucks give up!" Being that there was actual advice given it was constructive and not a flame.

*goes to watch the video*

On to the vid:

Wow. This is 1000x better than the other one. I adore the beginning! There's a flash that's a bit off ((but I know that youtube screws up the video/audio sync a little bit)). But the majority of the scenes fit really well and it had an obvious plot line.

The major issue I have is fansubs. -.- I ranted on and on about fansubs earlier so...just read that post if you don't know what's wrong with the subs. Sadly, the audio quality is pretty bad. It sounds fuzzy and downloaded. Not CD quality at all.

Editing wise I say beware of lip-flaps and pop-frames. The excessive lip flaps end up being rather distracting after a while. And pop-frames are just irritating. Pop-frames are the little bit of the scene before that gets caught when the scene cut is not exact.

But you have made a wonderful improvement! Keep on working at it! biggrin

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:42 am
OMG! Someone took my words to heart! eek

I really like this one!

Pros!
Very disernable plot!!! (yes, those questioning this, AMVs need plot. Random fight scene + random song you like ≠ AMV. It = CRAP. NO plot; no dice.)
The timing was as good as one can expect from Utube.
Your editing has improved FOLDS from you last video. I can tell that you spent a great deal of time working on perfecting this video.

Cons:
popframes! (single frames or short burst of scenes that do nto belong)
Lots of lip flaps (insyncronus lip movement. best avoided with lip syncing)
Sound quality. It seems like a poor quality WMA file. Or 128Kbps Mp3. Work in 192 Kbps MP3 or higher only. I rip all of my own music at 320kbps and form Vynal if at all possible.
Youtube!! Only upload a video to youtube as a secondary source. Use www.animemusicvideos.org as a basin for all of you highest quality final works, you tube has compression issues since it converts the video into .swf (short wave-length format) files. I will kill timing and has a tendency to distort or even destroy video quality
Subs! :/ I thought I spazed on that enough last time 6_6 DVD rips or bust

Good work all in all. Keep improving! I can see a whole lot of potential in your style, i just want to see a bit more from you in the coming videos. If you need pointers, please do pm me.

BTW: enter the june or july contest!
I'm not asking

wink  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:00 am
thankyou for the niceness!

i was alittle offput last time but i put in into consideration

as for some lousy timing damn movie maker decided to lag everytime i wanted to just play from a certain point the audio was waaaay out instead of at the intro where it was perfectly in time. as for the lip flaps i might update it. Im currently making a 500 miles lipsync its almost there and is quite a good lipsync. Of course i will post it on here but it will be on youtube.  

Siroesta

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:15 am
I can understand being a bit upset but WOW on the improvement! *sniffles* I'm so proud.

*is interested in the lip sync* I look forward to seeing more! Keep up the good work~

The AMV Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games