Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
Sirius was totally inbred... and related to James?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tech no logy

Salty Codger

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:19 pm
LOL Orion and Walburga were cousins HAHA I totally didnt even know that until I looked for the billionth time

anyways about the related to james thing----

I havent brought this up on the internet just to friends and such but seeing as Ive been thinking about it since 2006 I figured Id say something even tho Im sure someone else already has....

Could James and Sirius be related?

According to the Black family tree that JK drew up

Charlus Potter married one Dorea Black and they had a Male son who went unnamed and is a full generation before the Sirius we know.

it never said that this Male Potter got married, but that doesnt mean he didnt. possibly to James mother?

I dunno I thoguht it would be uber-cool if they were related XD it might be totally irrelevant but I can think!

The Blacks also have the longbottoms and the crouches and weasleys and the bulstrodes and the crabbes intertwined in their little family lol

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:59 pm
Sirius and James are almost assuredly related, though I was curious about your speculation as well.

Anyway, almost assuredly because they are both purebloods, and all purebloods are inbred. =D

Demoni Nightmare

Rainbow Prophet

11,675 Points
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Astral Veteran 100

Tech no logy

Salty Codger

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:34 am
Demonic-Nightmare
Sirius and James are almost assuredly related, though I was curious about your speculation as well.

Anyway, almost assuredly because they are both purebloods, and all purebloods are inbred. =D
but where did it ever say that James was pureblood?

I mean I know it was kinda like something you just KNEW cause I alwasys thoguht he was too but all I can recall is harry saying "They were a witch and a wizard if thats what you mean"

I dont remember anyone ever saying that james was pureblood right out...

BUT its been ages since Ive read the first four books so...

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:13 pm
...alas, I can't recall if it said specifically that James was a pureblood but I do believe it was always implied.

As for James being related to Sirius, I thought the same thing when I saw the familly tree. But then, I have my doubts at the same time... it seems a bit too ... cheesey, for the lack of better words, too clean. Yes, I think the Potters and the Blacks are related, but all purebloods are.

Gornwen

Lionel Hutz

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:05 am
I think they might me cousins or something.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:42 pm
It could very well be. All purebloods are related even if distantly.  

Fleur Evette

evil_black_cat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:35 pm
I think it said James was a pureblood in HBP.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:24 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if they were related.  

covo

Bioinformagics

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:00 pm
All purebloods are related by virtue of the fact that only a very few bloodlines exist. The Weasleys are related to Sirius, and Molly and Arthur are related to each other. James Potter very well could be a member of the Black family, although distantly, and because that line isn't on the tapestry in the Black household, James and Sirius might not know about it. If they were related, it could explain why the Potters accepted Sirius as a second son.

I'm pretty sure James was pureblood. Lily was not; she had a similar story to Hermione, a witch born to Muggles. Harry is not pureblood either, although it's very likely he has pureblood relatives (on James' side of the family).  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:54 pm
Tech no logy
LOL Orion and Walburga were cousins HAHA I totally didnt even know that until I looked for the billionth time

I havent brought this up on the internet just to friends and such but seeing as Ive been thinking about it since 2006 I figured Id say something even tho Im sure someone else already has....

Charlus Potter married one Dorea Black and they had a Male son who went unnamed and is a full generation before the Sirius we know.

it never said that this Male Potter got married, but that doesnt mean he didnt. possibly to James mother?

I dunno I thoguht it would be uber-cool if they were related XD it might be totally irrelevant but I can think!

The Blacks also have the longbottoms and the crouches and weasleys and the bulstrodes and the crabbes intertwined in their little family lol

as well as the malfoys and pretty much all of the other death eaters.

Yes James and sirius are related, Unless of course James is a muggle born. Pretty much all the wizarding families are related, though most have stopped inbreeding hence the "Blood traitors" and "The pure blood families are dying out" things  

Nilokara

Luamervara

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:58 am
Nilokara
Tech no logy

as well as the malfoys and pretty much all of the other death eaters.

Yes James and sirius are related, Unless of course James is a muggle born. Pretty much all the wizarding families are related, though most have stopped inbreeding hence the "Blood traitors" and "The pure blood families are dying out" things

James is not a muggle born. LILY was a muggle born.

James is a pureblood.

Which if you think about it, The potters could be blood relations to the Weasleys. since the Wizarding world reflects what -has- happened in the real world, it's an ew moment when you think of the kids that could've been produced from all that.

>.o;  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:22 am
Tech no logy
Demonic-Nightmare

but where did it ever say that James was pureblood?

I mean I know it was kinda like something you just KNEW cause I alwasys thoguht he was too but all I can recall is harry saying "They were a witch and a wizard if thats what you mean"

I dont remember anyone ever saying that james was pureblood right out...

BUT its been ages since Ive read the first four books so...

Well. Both of James' parents were older magic-users, a Witch and Wizard, which JKR has mentioned in interviews before. To quote the lexicon "Both his mother and father were wizards. Many fans suspected that the Potters were descendants of Godric Gryffindor, but JKR has said that James's parents are not terribly important to the story." Other hints that they were purebloods are the fact that James, indeed, came from a wealthy family - though they may have both been Muggle-born or half-bloods, I doubt this is the case.

More likely than not, at least one of James' parents were either pure-blood, or half-blood, which would still make James and Sirius, at the very least, distant relatives.

Demoni Nightmare

Rainbow Prophet

11,675 Points
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Astral Veteran 100

Rand-Alth0r

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:31 pm
Tech no logy

It is a BIG possibility.
Both the Blacks, AND the potters are pure bloods. no doubt in one time their families were related. pure bloods even marry close relatives just to keep their pure blood family intact. i have NO DOUBT whatsoever. that they MUST be related. if you re-read the books sirius stated that ALL purbloods are related in some way.  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games