Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Sims games~ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fairy105

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:02 am
Which one should I get next?
(I only have Sims 2 and Sims 2 Nightlife at the moment)
-Pets
-Open for business
-Seasons
-Unversity
or
-Family fun stuff
? biggrin
I cant decide which ^^  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:49 am

I'm having the same problem
except only between
pets and seasons

World of dreams

Princess Harmonia

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:26 am
Can you only choose one? If so you have to make your choice really fulfilling for you. It depends really on what you like best. Do you want to give your Sims loving little creatures to take care of and include in the family? Send your Sim teens to school as young adults? Open up a sim family business? Experience all of the activities that weather offers? Or simply add objects to your game for the benefit of your sim families? It's all up to you.

Personally, in your situation, I would get Open for Business and/or Seasons; both are very good and come with lots of new features. They are also two very popular EPs.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:39 am
all of the sims 2 are great. i almost have them all. i do love and use pets the most. being able to make the pets is realy fun. blaugh  

the naked pixie

Strya

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:15 am
I think my favorite is Open for Business. (Though I don't have Seasons yet so I can't comment on it.)

The Family Fun Stuff only just adds items to the game, so there's no new things to do or people to meet.

University is fun, but I found that after a while, I got sick of sending sims to school and having to work through four "years" of school for everyone. But the benefits to finishing school are so great I hate not sending them to school. sad

Pets is ok. The animals are cute, though I find the cat interactions unrealistic. I have a cat in real life, and the notion of teaching a cat to "speak" or "shake" is just absurd. It gives me the feeling that they designed it for dogs and shoehorned the cats in. I find more and more that my families either don't get any pets or just let them live there, and I don't use more much more of the expansion.

Open for Business is fun. The thing I like about it is that you can play your business when you want to, and then ignore it when you want to, so you can play however you want. I also love running shops.

However, the preference is personal. After all, Skybluestar already said that she loves Pets the most. I'd say, for the most "benefit" to your sims, it's Uni, and for the most new and cute stuff and the least "work," it's Pets.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:04 pm
People that I asked said that seasons was a great one to get
but I really can't comment on it
i don't have any EPs yet
crying

World of dreams

Captain Jenocidal

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:48 pm
If it were me, I'd choose either seasons or university.

Seasons makes the game more exciting and real with weather, and University provides your sims with the chance to further their educations, thus earning better jobs. 3nodding

It's really up to you, though. Whichever one seems more your style.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:49 pm
I would say it's a choice between OfB or Seasons. I love both. In OfB you get Servos and in Seasoins you get PlantSims.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

fairy105

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:11 pm
yeah,
i might get university and pets.
Since i want horses and dogs..
But I want the school because yeah XD  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:29 pm
I too vote for either OFB or Seasons, there are a lot to do in both of those, though Uni is a good one to have too, your sims can benefit a lot from it.  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

fairy105

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:06 pm
Hmm..
Pets and OFB sound good to me smile Since,
One-I get horses (YAY XD)
Two-I can own my own business (YAY FOOD)
Three-Its Sims 2! YAY! XD  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:51 pm
I would say ofb or seasons also. They are both really good and I like to get badges. In season i dont have to cook i can just plant stuff. And in ofb i can get some extra money and wont get bored as easily.  

Sundance Rendevous

Dapper Member

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:26 pm
I personally don't like open for business. It's kind of boring and the same thing. Get University or pets. Univorsity if you want your sims to be in a band. OR pets to have family pets.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:45 pm
fairy105
Hmm..
Pets and OFB sound good to me smile Since,
One-I get horses (YAY XD)
Two-I can own my own business (YAY FOOD)
Three-Its Sims 2! YAY! XD

You don't get horses in Pets. The only animals Pets adds are cats, dogs, parrots and womrats (hamsters/guinepigs).  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Pocket Bunny Cupcakes

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:51 pm
University and Open for Business are, in my opinion, the two most useful. They open up a lot of skill possibilities that you can't otherwise access, especially University. Young adult Sims are fun to, cause you can have so many under your control at once!

Anyway, here's the order I bought my expansions in:
-University
-Open for Business
-Nightlife
-Seasons
and I will get pets soon enough, it's just not important right this second.

I personally believe you are losing out if you don't already have University. You should probably buy both it and Open for Business together to take advantage of all of the new things in it.  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff