Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
Who is R.A.B? (6th book spolier STAY AWAY!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

monochan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:03 pm
Did I miss something?... Or was R.A.B. just never mentioned?
For those of you who don't get what I'm asking, R.A.B. is the person who took the locket that had the Horcrux and replaced it with a regular locket.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:02 am
I agree very much with this person's theories on R.A.B. http://www.livejournal.com/users/garlandgraves/3409.html#cutid1 (contains spoilers)  

Mekania

Elviondeln
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:57 pm
monochan
Did I miss something?... Or was R.A.B. just never mentioned?
For those of you who don't get what I'm asking, R.A.B. is the person who took the locket that had the Horcrux and replaced it with a regular locket.
It's probably TBA status [just meaning that it probably won't be revealed until the release of Book Seven]. I'm sure you could find someone who matched the initaials but that doesn't mean they are guilty.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:36 am
It'll probably be someone new. But just in case, I'll keep an eye out for him/her while I read the books.  

willowtree
Captain

Pink_Sparkle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:06 am
Somehow I think she's going to surprise us with that one!!! I don't know who it is, but I can't wait to find out!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:33 am
Pink_Sparkle
Somehow I think she's going to surprise us with that one!!! I don't know who it is, but I can't wait to find out!!!

Neither can I mrgreen  

Sally07

3,550 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Seska-san

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:43 am
I just read somewhere today that they think its Regulus Black, you know Sirus brother, because Harry, Ron , and Hermione found a big locket that they couldnt get open in Grimulad Place. (OOPs cant spell today) Not sure if this is true but it does make since.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:28 pm
isn't regulus dead tho?  

monochan

Mekania

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:58 am
Yes, Regulus is dead. But the letter Harry read said that the writer would probably be dead by the time the letter was found.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:32 pm
*blink* then how did the letter get there?  

monochan

Magenta Platypus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:47 pm
Seska-san
I just read somewhere today that they think its Regulus Black, you know Sirus brother, because Harry, Ron , and Hermione found a big locket that they couldnt get open in Grimulad Place. (OOPs cant spell today) Not sure if this is true but it does make since.

But surely someone at Grimmauld Place would have realized the significance of that locket, IF it had truely been a Horcrux. Dumbledore (Rest In Peace) would've known what it was, in any case. I mean, even if the locket wasn't known to be a Horcrux at the time of discovery, you'd think there'd be some sort of... magical aura. Plus, Slytherin's insignia would've been on the locket as well, which Harry would have recognized (in addition to others). So therefore, I doubt the locket at Grimmauld Place would've been the Horcrux. BUT... I do think R.A.B. could be Regulus Black... Do we know what his middle initial or name was? And if it's not Regulus Black, then do we know of anyone -- dead or alive -- in the Potterverse that had initials like that?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:38 pm
Kari Seregon
Seska-san

But surely someone at Grimmauld Place would have realized the significance of that locket, IF it had truely been a Horcrux. Dumbledore (Rest In Peace) would've known what it was, in any case. I mean, even if the locket wasn't known to be a Horcrux at the time of discovery, you'd think there'd be some sort of... magical aura. Plus, Slytherin's insignia would've been on the locket as well, which Harry would have recognized (in addition to others). So therefore, I doubt the locket at Grimmauld Place would've been the Horcrux. BUT... I do think R.A.B. could be Regulus Black... Do we know what his middle initial or name was? And if it's not Regulus Black, then do we know of anyone -- dead or alive -- in the Potterverse that had initials like that?

Well it is possible that they would not recognize the necklace. Those cleaning the house wouldn't necessarily know what it looks like.

I have heard the Regulus Black theory and it is a definite possiblity. Who knows how long that fake horcrux was there. I doubt Voldemort regularly goes to check on it. So it could easily have been planted by someone who is now dead.

My other thoughts are:

RAB could be a shortform for a nickname (sort of like saying HBP=Half Blood Prince). That opens it up to virtually anyone.

If RAB is a woman it is possible her last name no longer begins with a B so it would also be good to consider any females we know whose names begin with R.  

non642

SionaRedhawk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:30 pm
Seska-san

I'm fairly sure I don't remember any locketfinding in No. 12 Grimmauld Place, but if there was, then that is almost solid rock right there, some one shoot me if I am wrong, but Regulus A. Black does fit and there is a locket in the Black house...theres your answer. No less, you can't open the locket. I rest my case.

And I havent yet read this thread completely, but that post caught me...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:17 am
monochan
*blink* then how did the letter get there?

He planted the letter in the fake locket when he exchanged it for the Horcrux. He knew someone'd come looking for the Horcrux eventually, but he also knew he'd die before that happened.

If I were a holder of a real Horcrux, I don't think I'd count on living extremely long, either. xp  

Magenta Platypus

skygee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:42 pm
It seems to make sense, if regulas did take the horcruxe then he would want to destroy it. If he could not do that then hide it from Voldemort. He has betrayed Voldemort he knows he is going to die, i meen he knows voldemort will be looking to kill him. So what does he do, he goes home. There are many enchantments on grimauld place so it would be a decent hiding place for the horcruxe and his family is there. So he might want to see them before he dies. He hides the horcruxe in his house and says goodbye to his parents. He knows that this is one of the first places they will be looking for him, so he leaves and shortly after and gets himself killed. End of Regulaus, no need to storm grimald place. So the horcruxe is safe in grimauld place.

There is also the posibilty that is charmed by either voldemort or regulas to look like a normal locket. So if anyone in grimauld place ever found it they wouldn't know what it really is.  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff