Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Let's Move! :: The Movie, Drama, and Anime Forum :.
.: • :: The NANA Movies :: •:.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:11 am

.: ♪ :: • ° { ~ › ♪(‹•
星に願いを恋こそ今すべて•›)‹ ~ } ° • :: ♪ :.

This is a thread to discuss the NANA Movies. Both of them. If you are spoiler sensitive, then please do not Stick around. but if you aren't then stick around and discuss the movies for a manga that started a revolution.

.: ♪ :: • ° { ~ › ♪
(‹•The Very hope of love, is now entirely to the stars•›‹ ~ } ° • :: ♪ :.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:05 am

NANA
User Image

Based on the popular manga by Ai Yazawa, NANA follows the adventures of two girls both named Nana. While they share the same name, they couldn't be more different. Nana "Hachi" Komatsu follows her boyfriend to Tokyo in the hopes of making a new start, while Nana Osaki, who arrives in the city at the same time, is a punk rock beauty who has the ambition of making it big in the world of rock and roll. Although these two young women come from different backgrounds, they quickly become best friends while chasing their happiness and dreams.

Main Cast
Hachi: Aoi Miyazaki
Nana: Mika Nakashima
Ren: Ryuhei Matsuda
Takumi: Tetsuji Tamayama
Shin: Ken'ichi Matsuyama
Nobu: Hiroki Narimiya
Reira: Yuna Ito
Sachiko: Saeko

Music
In addition to creating a NANA craze throughout Asia, the movie also helped launch Mika Nakashima to the peak of her career as she released the single "GLAMOROUS SKY" under the name NANA starring MIKA NAKASHIMA. The single created topicality with its special collaboration between Nakashima, HYDE (who wrote the song), and NANA author Yazawa Ai (who wrote the lyrics). The single became Nakashima's first number one single on the ORICON Charts.
The movie also helped promote another artist, Yuna Ito, who starred in the movie as TRAPNEST vocal REIRA, released her debut single "ENDLESS STORY," the insert song of the movie, under the name REIRA starring YUNA ITO. The single ranked second on the ORICON charts, next to Nakashima's "GLAMOROUS SKY," and made Yuna Ito one of the most successful debuting artists of 2005.

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:08 am

NANA II
coming soon
User Image

Based on the popular manga by Ai Yazawa, NANA 2 is the sequel to the movie NANA, which follows the adventures of two girls both named Nana. Taking place shortly after the end of the first movie, NANA 2 focuses on the duo's love lives. Nana "Hachi" Komatsu is trapped in a love triangle between TRAPNEST's bassist Takumi and the Black Stones' guitarist Nobu. Meanwhile, the other Nana (Osaki) struggles to find success for her band Black Stone, continuing a secret relationship with TRAPNEST's guitarist Ren.

Main Cast
Hachi: Yui Ichikawa
Nana: Mika Nakashima
Ren: Nobuo Kyou
Takumi: Tetsuji Tamayama
Shin: Hongo Kanata
Nobu: Hiroki Narimiya
Reira: Yuna Ito

Music
NANA 2 once again featured the two artists Mika Nakashima and Yuna Ito, releasing songs under the names NANA starring MIKA NAKASHIMA and REIRA starring YUNA ITO respectively. NANA starring MIKA NAKASHIMA's new single, "Hitoiro," which featured TAKURO of GLAY as composer and NANA author Yazawa Ai as the lyricist again, did not do as well as its predecessor "GLAMOROUS SKY," peaking at only #5 on the ORICON charts. Two weeks after the release of the single, however, NANA starring MIKA NAKASHIMA released her first and last album, THE END, which managed to rank at #2 on the ORICON charts.
REIRA starring YUNA ITO's "Truth" had no more luck than Nakashima's new single, ranking in only at the tenth place on the ORICON charts. The music video of the single was filmed in Scotland and used as scenes of the movie. Neither singles were as record-setting as their predecessors.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:11 am

Content from Wikipedia, images from Amazon.

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

wolf_art11

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:14 am
eek do u knw when it's going to be translated?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:41 am
I loved the first movie!  

bullterrierlove

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

justamunkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:15 am
bullterrierlove
I loved the first movie!

Really? I didn't like it too much. The casting was great and everything... but the movie itself wasn't anything special.. It didn't feel like a movie. Just seemed like a really long episode of some show, no climax or anything! It just-- ended. If I hadn't read the manga and known there was more, I would have been severely disappointed and never touched anything Nana related again sad  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:05 am
The music and all are great but I think the same... FOr those that havent read or seen Nana the movie would be a let down...

Even taught I have heard that people fell in love with the story thanks to the movies o.O weird in my opinion xp

I like it but It wasnt that great to me, havent even seen the second movie and I downloaded it ages ago lol  

Ceres_Celestial

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:24 am
wolf_art11
eek do u knw when it's going to be translated?

I believe it is now available in the United States through Viz and has subtitles... but no dubbing.

.: Let's Move! :: The Movie, Drama, and Anime Forum :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games