Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply The Sims 2 Help
Most of The Sims 2 Cheats Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pollination Technician
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:20 pm
CheatCodes/Results for PC
To open the cheat box, hold down Ctrl, Shift and C
To close it, press escape in the cheat box

The Sims 2

Help - Lists some, but not all cheats
Kaching - Adds §1.000,- to household funds
Motherlode - Adds §50.000,- to household funds
Moveobjects [on/off] - Move unmovable objects
Aging [on/off] - Sims won't age
StretchSkeleton [number] - Make your sim smaller or higher -- 2.0 double size, 0.5 half size, etc.
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims [number] - You can invite more guests with a party and more Sims show up at community lots. Use in Neighbourhood screen
boolProp snapObjectsToGrid [true/false] - Use 'false' to place objects out of grid.
boolprop constrainFloorElevation [true/false] - Use 'false' to make it possible to raise or lower the floor even when there are objects, flooring or walls on it.
boolProp simShadows [true/false] - Turns shadow of sim on or off
Vsync [on/off] - Turning off increases game performance but with some graphical errors as the price
floatProp tvVolume [0.0-1.0] - 0.5 is default. Lower or increase number to manage tv sound
boolProp displayPaths [true/false] - True=You see the path where the selected sim walks to
boolprop unevenTilesFloorable [true/false] - True=Can place floortiles on sloped ground
boolProp useEffects [true/false] - False=Turns off all effects like speech balloons, memories and the sky
boolProp useShaders [true/false] - True=Makes the pool water clearer
faceBlendLimits on/off - When making a child in CAS, this cheat can turn off facial bounding limitations
Lot cheats
boolprop lotWater [true/false] - False=Removes water from lots (ponds)
boolprop lotTerrainPaints [true/false] - False=Removes floorpainting on lot
boolprop showFloorGrid [true/false] - Shows grid or not in build or buy mode
boolprop objectShadows [true/false] - False=Removes shadows on objects OUTside house
boolProp guob [true/false] - False=Removes shadows on objects INside house
boolprop renderSelectedSimLevel [true/false] - True=Walls no longer cut away for selected sim
boolprop locktiles [true/false] - False=You can place floortiles outside lot (Like on road)
boolprop reflectionWithExtraViewer [true/false] - Turns on/off reflection in mirrors
boolprop renderInsideObjectOnlyOnSelectedSimLevel [true/false] - True=Objects only appear on levels the selected sim is on and when that floor is selected
boolprop renderSelectedSimLevel [true/false] - True=Only see selected simlevel; like when sim is on top floor, other floors are invisible
Neighbourhood cheats
deleteAllCharacters - Removes every sim from the neighbourhood
TerrainType [desert/temperate/dirt/concrete] - Toggles between terrain types
boolProp CameraDriftCamEnabled [true/false] - False=Camera does not move in Nhood
boolprop displayNeighborhoodProps [true/false] - False=Removes props like rocks and towers from Nhood
boolprop displayNeighborhoodRoads [true/false] - False=Removes roads from Nhood
boolprop displayNeighborhoodFlora [true/false] - False=Removes trees/plants from Nhood
boolprop displayNeighborhoodWater [true/false] - False=removes water from Nhood
boolprop displayLotImposters [true/false] - False=Removes houses from Nhood (just the graphics, not the houses themselves)
boolprop displayNeighborhoodRoadsWithModel [true/false] - False=Removes bridges from Nhood
boolprop lotTerrainLighting [true/false] - False=Lots won't light up when you move your mouse over it in Nhood
boolprop carsCompact [true/false] - True=Cars in Nhood have more detail
boolprop ShowLotPackageFilename [true/false] - In Nhood, shows filename of house when you move your mouse over a lot
boolprop nhoodWaterReflection [true/false] - Turns on/off water reflection in nhood
boolProp carsOnRight [true/false] - Cars in Nhood drive on left or right side of road
Filmmaking cheats
Slowmotion [0-8] - 0 is normal speed and 8 is slower
boolProp enablePostProcessing [true/false] - Must be true for all filmic cheats to function
Bloom [r g b x] - Creates a filmic look in which everything's so bright it blurs together "r", "g," and "b" are color values (0-255) and "x" is the amount of blooming from 0 to 255
vignette [centerx centery X] - Creates a filmic look in which a focal point is clear but everything around it is blurry
filmgrain [0-1] - Creates a film graininess
letterbox [0.0-0.4] - Creates a letterbox view of size specified
Less usefull cheats
boolprop renderOpaqueUI [true/false] - True=Removes transparency on control panel
boolprop lotTerrainCanvas [true/false] - Not really sure. Grass turns blue?
boolprop displayLookAtBoxes [true/false] - True=blocks appear on sims faces and on parts where sims look at
gameVersion - After typing in 'expand', you see the game version in the cheat box
boolprop allObjectLightsOn [true/false] - True= Lights up objects continously instead of only when used, like fridges/tv's, etc.
floatprop particleDensity 1.000000 - Raise number to increase green damping on spoiled food
boolprop lotInfoAdvancedMode [true/false] - True=In neighbourhood shows the lotinfo. Can also just click on the 'info' button on the lotinfo screen
Autopatch on/off - Toggles notification of available game patches
Expand - Expands or contracts the cheat window

The boolprop Cheat

boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled [true/false] - This is the most powerful cheat in the game. This cheat was most likely used by Maxis to test the game (hence the name) and really wasn't originally meant to be known.
However even though this is 'just' a cheat, it is not to be taken lightly; It can alter many parts of the game and for several people it caused problems. With enough caution however, it can be a really fun and usefull cheat.
After you're done using this cheat, it is very recommended to stop this cheat from working (false).

I'll make a separate thread for this cheat when I have more time.

University

boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation [true/false] - Allows rotating any object in 45 degree increments with < and > keys
setHighestAllowedLevel [level] - Can build higher then 5 floors
boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled [true/false] - Enables build/buy mode tools in a dorm lot
changeLotZoning [residential/community/greek/dorm/secretsociety] - Changes the zoning type of the lot

Nightlife

familyfunds [Familyname] [number] - Add or extract money for a chosen family. For example, "familyfunds Jones +10000" adds §10.000 to family Jones. -10000 extracts §10.000
roofslopeangle [15-75] - Adjusts the slope angle on all roofs on a lot
showHeadlines [on/off] - Makes all thought balloons invisible
unlockCareerRewards - Unlocks all career rewards for selected sim
MaxMotives - Sets all needs for all sims on the lot to full
motiveDecay [on/off] - Turns natural need decay on or off
aspirationPoints [number] - Adds the specified number of Aspiration points to selected sim
lockAspiration [on/off] - Freezes aspiration point decay for all sims on the lot
aspirationLevel [0-5] - Changes Sims' aspiration level. 0=lowest, 5=Platinum level
agesimscheat [on/off] - Adds 'set age' to interaction menu. Any sim you click on, can be set to any age group
setLotLightingFile [filename] - Change lighting by choosing an alternate lighting file. Original can be found in /Nightlife/TSData/Res/Lights. To restore use "setLotLightingFile clear"

Open for Business

AddneighbortoFamilycheat [on/off] - Click on an NPC to add one to the current household
Forcetwins - With a pregnant Sim selected, using this cheat will transform the pregnancy into a twin birth
Sethour [0-23] - Set time of day
Plumbbobtoggle - Makes the overhead plumb bob invisible
Hold down Ctrl + Alt while an object is selected Allows you to put as many items on a wall as you want, even if they overlap

Pets

boolprop ControlPets [on/off] - Makes pets fully controlable, but you can't cancel actions from their queue
boolprop DisablePuppyKittenAging [true/false] - Turns off aging for kittens and puppies
boolprop PetActionCancel [true/false] - Makes actions in a pet's queue accessible
boolprop ShowCatalogePFlags [true/false] - Activates labels in the detail view of each Buy mode and Build mode objects to show which product they came from (EP or SP)
boolprop PetsFreeWill [true/false] - Turns pet free will off
DeleteAllAwnings - Deletes all awnings on lot
DeleteAllFences -Deletes all fences on lot
DeleteAllHalfWalls - Deletes all half walls on lot
DeleteAllObjects [Doors/Windows/Stairs] - Deletes all Doors, Windows or Stairs on lot
DeleteAllWalls - Deletes all walls on lot
IndividualRoofSlopeAngle [15/75] - Activates a tool to change the roof slopes of individual roofs on a lot

Seasons

bugJarTimeDecay [on/off] - Makes fireflies live forever in jars when set to off

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:43 pm
CheatCodes/Results for Consoles
Before these cheats work, the Cheat Gnome must first be unlocked

Playstation 2

L1, R1, Up, X, R2 - Unlocks Cheat Gnome
Circle, Square, L1, Up, Down - Advances the in-game time by 6 hours
Up, Circle, Up, Right, L2 - Fills all motives
R1, L1, R2, Right, Left - Gives 9,999 simoleons
R1, L1, R1, L1, Triangle - Horns audio
Triangle, Circle, Square, R2, Left - Sets any skill to any level
Square, R2, Down, Right, Square - Unlocks all clothing
L2, Circle, Down, Left, Up - Unlocks all objects
Circle, L2, Left, Circle, Up, Circle - Unlocks all locations
R2, Square, Up, Down, Right, X - Unlocks all recipes

X-Box

L, R, Up, A, Black - Unlocks Cheat Gnome
B, X, L, Up, Down - Advances the in-game time by 6 hours
Up, B, Up, Right, White - Fills all motives
R, L, Black, Right, Left - Gives 9,999 simoleons
Y, B, X, Black, Left - Sets any skill to any level
X, Black, Down, Right, X - Unlocks all clothing
White, B, Down, Left, Up - Unlocks all objects
B, White, Left, B, Up, B - Unlocks all locations
Black, X, Up, Down, Right, A - Unlocks all recipes

GameCube

L, R, Up, A, Z - Unlocks Cheat Gnome
X, B, L, Up, Down - Advances the in-game time by 6 hours
Up, X, Up, Right, Z - Fills all motives
R, L, Z, Right, Left - Gives 9,999 simoleons
R, L, R, L, Y - Horns audio
Y, X, B, Z, Left - Sets any skill to any level
B, Z, Down, Right, B - Unlocks all clothing
Z, X, Down, Left,Up - Unlocks all objects
X, Z, Left, X, Up, X - Unlocks all locations
Z, B, Up, Down, Right, A - Unlocks all recipes  

Pollination Technician
Captain

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:03 am
sounds like the PC version would be the funnest to play.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:32 am
Yes it is. I have the PS2 version, I grew tired of it within a week. xp  

Pollination Technician
Captain

Ninja_Koolaid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:01 am
When I got the PS2 one, I played it for 5 mins, and got sick of it eek  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:45 pm
Wow i didn't see this before,thank you and i have it for PC and X-box i think the x box is boring  

someboyishere2
Crew

Jessie_0160

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:24 am
I think the PC is the best Sims2 to play i have sims2 x-box and sims2 NitendoDS they are boring PC is the funnest!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:09 pm
Err...my cousin has the PS2 version and I watched her play it for a few minutes and I was really bored. It was pretty lame compared to the PC version 3nodding , which I have. xd  

Ani-san^_^

Magical Lunatic

12,425 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200

MassherGenious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:05 pm
some of them wont work for me  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:49 am
Where do you enter the x-box cheats???  

Jessie_0160

awsome5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:41 am
isnt thare a cheat which makes ur sims need go up  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:56 pm
awsome5
isnt thare a cheat which makes ur sims need go up

I think, not sure, but I think you write

'max motives'

Something along them lines.  

Jessicakarli

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The heart of reality

5,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:27 pm
The cheat is actually maxmotives .

Came with NL-Which is the abbreviation for Nightlife.

maxmotives Is handy with the following:

motivedecay off

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:16 pm
i have like, almost all the sims games for all the platforms. i know almost all the cheats for pc. which is my favorite, but i also love the one for DS.  

Kribri

kaiser321

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:33 pm
i figured out something about the moveobjects cheat which i'm sure some people know already. you can place a mirror anywhere even on a door, and the sim will walk straight through it.  
The Sims 2 Help

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff