Welcome to Gaia! ::

Parkour Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Tags: Parkour, Freerunning, Tricking 

Reply Parkour- A place to talk about parkour.
Fears Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you know 90% of jumping off high objects is fear?
  yes
  no
View Results

3MPYRE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:33 pm
Dose anybody here have any fears in parkour? When I started I always had a fear of climbing a high height and falling. Did you know 90% of jumping of a roof, block, building, etc. is fear? Here is a thread where you can:

Post your fears
Dicuss resoultions for your fears
Tips on Fear breaking  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:50 pm
i have fears on doing vault off non flat objects  

nrashu

Flicka Elskar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:14 am
I have a fear of doing a monkey vault, because I think that I can't get my legs up enough and then I will hit the object with my feet and fall.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:13 pm
I used to have a fear of looking like a dolt. Like I would mess up, crash and everyone would laugh and ridicule me.  

Shadow_Sinclaire
Captain

Devoted Hunter

3MPYRE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:13 am
Shadow_Sinclaire
I used to have a fear of looking like a dolt. Like I would mess up, crash and everyone would laugh and ridicule me.
That happens to me at school. "OMG! You are so good!" Then I mess up 1 movement out of 100 and I suck.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:09 pm
I have a fear of doing anything with Parkour because something can go wrong. And because of that reason I just forget about my fears and go for it. I mean, today I severely injured my calf trying to stand on a wall parallel to a railing. Was I scared? Hell yes!  

xHAMR

Eloquent Informer

6,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Horatio Crane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:16 am
I am afraid of breaking my collarbone on a wallflip.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:38 pm
3MPYRE
Shadow_Sinclaire
That happens to me at school. "OMG! You are so good!" Then I mess up 1 movement out of 100 and I suck.

sadly for me i aways mess up like 75% of the time when theres someone
watching me becuase im not use to it and yea.... all i can say when some one is watching me it fells wierd  

nrashu

Monsieur Nameless

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:47 am
I just think I won't land it(it being a front flip or attempted b-twist) right,and fall and break my leg or something.
Yeah,I'm such a loser.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:29 pm
I´ve been instructed in not to say what i fear, cause it become a mental abarrier not just for me but for the group that i practice with.
But if I had to say something,I´d say Im afraid to stop trying  

ColdWaveMaster

Stay Zero
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:52 pm
I have a fear of vaulting over non flat objects as well. And that I'll mess up a roll and kill myself.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:09 pm
One thing I learned about fears on flips is that if you are with friends it is eaiser, escpically if you are having a good time. That is how I learned to do my wallflip.  

Urban_Parkour
Vice Captain

evil shovel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:40 pm
i get pretty freaked out when i try to do a gainer  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:45 am
I kinda have a fear of doing vaults over taller obstacles and of landing a backflip on the back of my neck. I'm really new to this stuff, so i'm not comfortable with flips and stuff, but wall runs, tic-tacs, and hanging off ledges are a breeze for me.  

pulpkk

miserabelle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:34 am
I'm scared of doing vaults and clipping my feet - landing on your face is not ideal. I'm tackling my fear of heights at the gym... xx  
Parkour- A place to talk about parkour.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff