Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Has Anyone Read This? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amaya84

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:12 am
I found this article a couple of days ago. I just wish they had up-played Gaia a little bit more...http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070601/tc_nm/column_pluggedin_dc_1;_ylt=Aizksxf9JM2oM7oHf1d7AT0E1vAI  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:45 am
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

That's a great article. Like you, I wish Gaia would have gotten more of a nod, especially since it's not aimed at one audience like Star Doll and isn't a drain on CPU cycles like Second Life.

The only thing that bothers me about some of those sites is that predators can easily set up fake profiles and try to solicit little girls.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

l3viathan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:53 am
Thanks for the article. I haven't seen it. Although, as previously stated, Gaia Online should not be lumped in the same category as "Star Doll" since Gaia Online is not a children's site. I mean, look at the consistent sex topics in the GD. But I love Gaia the way it is. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:50 pm
Cool, but I agree...they should've said more about Gaia.  

OhMyGuard

High-functioning Citizen

6,925 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Signature Look 250

Organic Shadows

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:38 pm
Yes, they should have said more about Gaia and it's not a children's site. I've met one person on here that's younger than me, and she's nine. Nine. Not seven...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:35 pm
Well, I've never been to Doll Star or the other site, and it's sounds like I don't want to! eek  

Amaya84

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:16 am
It's nice to see the sites getting some notification.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:12 pm
Neat-o! mrgreen  

s0prano42_x3

Ensign Rickeee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:44 pm
It's nice to know that the well loved Gaia is getting some attention. On another point: this isn't exactly a children's site. The youngest person that I've met was a 10 year old...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:13 am
Hmm most people here aren't that young. Most I've met are in middle school... they're not that little.  

darkrose_eve

1,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Tornado Trailer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:47 am
No way!! Gaia should be put in with the cooler places to hang out and have fun, not with star doll, uck.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:27 am
Awesome. It's nice to know that places like Gaia are getting recognized, although like most of you, I wish they had said more about us.
I've played a little bit on Club Penguin, it was fun. It's more of a site for little kids.
Stardoll sounds like a good site (for girls). But like Yami said:
Quote:
The only thing that bothers me about some of those sites is that predators can easily set up fake profiles and try to solicit little girls.
That's the only major drawback I can think of for that site.

Gaia is the best of all!  

omiyashi0

grapeseed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:38 pm
I'm gunna check out star doll ... I love dress up websites. Can't help it whee  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:05 am
Send them a link to the GD.  

MadnessFreak

Feather Kana

Sparkly Spirit

18,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:57 am
Gaia fits in well also for some of us older users who wanna escape to their younger inner selves, release our tension, and just have fun. I'm in my midtwenties and I love this site as much as any kid (pretty obvious as I've lasted over three years here). I know plenty of other users who are around my age or even some who are a lot older. While it is not a young children's site, it does encourage you to be fairly free with yourself and keep in contact with your inner child. No walls, no barriers. Just fun.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff