Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Need quick tutorial advice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So, photos or drawings?
  Photos definently photos
  Drawings are better
  Neither, text only plz
View Results

caffinated_tulip

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:06 pm
I'm putting together a how to crochet 101 tutorial for the tutorial section. Thus far i don't have any photos but i can take some tonight. Should I take pictures or make drawings (im a fairly decent artist)?

Also i'm teaching crochet via making a scarf, should i put in a second tutorial, maybe a simple hat?

Oh! One more thing, would anyone be interested in an Amigurumi tutorial as well? (little crocheted animals)

Thanks- Tulip  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:22 pm
I think a combination would be the most helpful. A photo showing what its going to look like, a drawing which is a 'simplified view', maybe colored to show exactly what your talking about....

Would you like me to make a video of me doing like... single crochet and double crochet, and chain stitching? It would be no problem, i could do it later this evening or tomorrow...

I think that putting together some basic links would be helpful. Links to easy hats and plushies and things. I noticed that our linklist doesn't have anything for crochet....

Let me know if you need ANY help, via this thread or PM. I would be happy to help!  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:57 pm
I would LOVE an Amigurumi tutorial. I keep finding suoper cute patterns, but none with good pictures and I've never seen it done. Thus, it mildly scares me. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:43 pm
I think maybe some kind of tutorial showing how to crochet in the round would be super. That's one of the things people get stuck on a lot. Even just a quick tutorial of a circle or a granny square would work.  

Catcheen
Crew

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:15 pm
I'd love to see an amigurumi tutorial. whee heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:49 am
I'm with Peppermint Elf, I'd love to see an amigurumi tutorial as well. Maybe something very simple to start with.
A hat tutorial would be good for teaching rounds and would complement the scarf tutorial very well in my opinion. I also think that a combination of photos and drawings to illustrate a tutorial is best, but again, that's just my opinion.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

caffinated_tulip

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:01 am
Sounds good!

Im actually compiling a How to crochet book to be published...hopefully. so im going to try out some of my techniques here. (my photos wont be quite professional yet) Tutorials there shall be! So basics, round, amigirumi, granny squares... anything else?  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games