Reply Stuff About Bands
The Skatalites

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:58 pm
I'm surprised there are no threads on them. Who else loves The Skatalites? What are your favorite songs?

I personally love "Guns of Novarone."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:06 pm
Eastern Standard Time ( it features Don Drummond, the trombone player)

No matter how bad of a day I have, I can listen to that song, and oh man do I feel better.  

King Of The Ska
Captain

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:16 pm
Ska Ska Ska. =] Love the skatalites. Guns of Navarone is amazing too.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:06 am
mine would have to be one they did backing Prince Buster called Ska Ska Ska...

i hear that they can be really hard to book. few years ago a guy in knoxville tried to book them and they wanted a 1000 just to play, partial compensation for firstclass airfair, paid hotel rooms in a 4 star hotel, and when the guy tried to negotiate he was told tough and to just "book some secondrate ska band like the toasters." i har headr this from a mutual friend of mine and the guy, and so he emailed me a week later wanting to know where ide heard that, and asked if was true, suposedly, according to ben altom, thats verbaitem....

of course i still ove them i can see why they wold want that kind of treatment as it was a one off gig too XD  

Slag10

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:41 am
I guess if any ska band was to be like that it could be them. lol. I mean, they are the skatalites and all. I mean, they aren't lil kids lookin to play a gig anywhere or anything.

Dance

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:29 am
Guns of Navarone
I guess if any ska band was to be like that it could be them. lol. I mean, they are the skatalites and all. I mean, they aren't lil kids lookin to play a gig anywhere or anything.

Dance
oh i can totaly understand, but making fun of the toasters is like making fun of america...how dare they and all that jazz or something.  

Slag10

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:48 am
Slag10
Guns of Navarone

Dance
oh i can totaly understand, but making fun of the toasters is like making fun of america...how dare they and all that jazz or something.

Yes, very understandable. but hey, its not like america is that great or anything. american ska, yeah, but thats besides the point... even though its pretty much the point. lol.

Dance

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:18 pm
The Skatalites are pretty awesome.

My fav. song would have to be Flowers for Albert

biggrin  

I Love To Pick It Up

Stuff About Bands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items