Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)
Vista - Hot or NOT!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vista - Hot or NOT!
  Hot (Great)
  Warm (Good)
  Room Temp (Alright)
  Cool (Not so good)
  Frozen (Bad)
View Results

hyperfool

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:37 pm
Windows Vista has been out for a while, so I pose the question. Do you like Vista? Is it the best thing since sliced bread? Or is it the worst thing to come to this planet?

Vote and post your opinions.

I'll put mine up later

I'm looking more for opinions of ppl who actually own it or have used it enough to know

question question question question question question question question question question question question question question question question question question  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:45 am
I dont own it myself but I knew several people that do and i've used it and its good and all but it can be a major b***h. maybe they just need time getting updates but I dunno its sweet but kinda crappy.  

LaughingMan2501

BloodlustPrince

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:31 pm
I tried using Vista, but it was hard because I'm so accustomed to Xp...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:00 pm
I think I heard Vista has shitty driver support. I could be wrong though. Either way, I'm going to keep using XP until Microsoft fixes all the things wrong with Vista.  

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Black Hale

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:58 am
Vista is pretty much recognized as a piece of trash. Well, for now anyway. I think Windows will come up with hundreds of patches and updates to make it better but for now...do yourself a favor and don't buy it. Well, unless like me you get special deals e.g. buy an XP and then get the Vista on a CD for an extra $20-30. That's what I have done but I won't use it until at least a good year or so.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:27 am
i dont like vista so much ethier sad its ok but i preferred xp ... smile  

Kitsune_Ninja___x

Michael Jetfire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:35 pm
i dont own vista... but i havnt talked to a single person that enjoys the vista at all... all of my friends say its a major pain to deal with. so... i'm gonna have to say its horrible based on all of my friends. plus... i'm fine with xp anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:16 pm
actually, i thought Vista is pretty interesting. i really like how the things show up if you roll over them and stuff. Vista is pretty cool, however, i do agree on some stuff that i dont really like and needs to be changed. i think i had some problems with the going to Documents and stuff confused yea, but i dont really know because i dont have one. sweatdrop well, on my comp that is.  

javid afg

BlueEyedPunk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:45 pm
i use vista i play the sims 2 on it i think its pretty good so far.. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:42 am
Ok, let me set a fjew things stright.

Vist got a fjew probs that is getting solved.

the major problem is that it dosen't suport most old progams.
(you cant instantll anything and belive it works 100%)

New programs have no problem (95% of all new programs)

The interface is 95% interesting and good looking.
Time consumed and browing around can be a bit slower than on a XP due to what we are used to.

Vista eats hell of alot of RAM to just keep the interface up when you use a decent amount of gadgets and new futures.

The new screensavers is no big hit.. pretty bad grafik if you ask me, though this can be saved by dias show with pictures that realy IS pretty with the defrend kind of show options.

All browser windows have a nice new "Transperant" interface (pretty cool but useless)

To say my final state ment after gaming drawing and useing defrend stuff on a Vista i would say..

Office work. Fine
Gaming. Fine
Casual use. Fine
Special use for special equipment and old software. Bad (in some cases. Reason being it have a defrend system than the normal windows systems)

what do ppl have to be so pissed about ? only thing there is bad is the program thing. that you cant use outdated or old but good programs..
there will come fixes for that.

Games run perfektly if you got some decent RAM on the PC 2GB Dual RAM preffered

(but if you have a Tablet installed it will automatikly provide you with a "Pen keyboard" on the screen.
this tool takes alot of RAM and you might wanna remove the board, cause it makes games "Lag" and the PC slow in itself.)

Milliani

Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff