Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Addiction? Here's something to be worried about...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:33 pm
There are many game articals on addiction to games, such as Final Fantasy, and Sims. Sure, it's fun and everything, and yes, I can admit, i'm EXTREAMLY addicted. But is it healthy? I still go jogging, and skating, but whenever i'm in my room, i just have this huge urge to get onto the computer for the sims. It's like I feed off of that. Last year it was worst. I used to put the game infront of my school work, and my grades were killed after that. Now that it's summer, i have some extra time, when I'm not at work, to play. Sometimes I think when the sims 2 will get old to me, but my friend who's 20 still plays it. I don't know what i'm giong to do when school starts back up again. Do you have a wierd addiction to the sims, or downloading? I'm sure it's not just me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:11 am
It is pretty addictive, and sometimes I have weeks where I can't be bothered with anything so I just play sims, but most of the time I find it easy enough to avoid the computer and go out somewhere instead.  

Chikiya

minaflower71

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:59 am
I just busy myself and don't let myself look at the computer. It...helps most of the time.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:37 pm
My mom says I am addicted, but I haven't palyed in weeks (yay break that habit!), but thats just until I buy nightlife I'm sure...

I love my sims so much why do have to die in a fire so often...

wlyteth

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:43 pm
x]

My downloads folder is over 1GB.
gonk

I'm so addicted.
But I do get bored easily with families, so I make new ones!
I have TONS of them.
<3

-----

Senorita Retro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:34 pm
When I play sims2 I always make sure that all my work is done, because otherwise nothing gets done. EVER. During school, I used to do my homework, than stay up until like 4 to play the game. My grades slipped, worse than they already are so now I only play it on weekends during the school.

But I can see what your talking about. Games like sim2 are really addictive and some kids use video games to replace a healthy social life.

Kind of like me. xd  

Serenity Silvia Malfoy

WindhoesXP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:43 pm
Whenever I get addicted to the sims again I usually bring out the cheats and start using them. Eventually it gets so controlled and automated I get bored, and it phases out.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:53 pm
Yeah I am. I played it when I should be doing homework or other chores. I think that I am able to steer away from it long enough for me to do what I need to do first.  

mods have small penises

Lady Vina

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:25 pm
As long as it doesn't rule your life in a way that you can't have a life outside of the video game then I see nothing wrong with it.

I'm addicted to the Sims and proud  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:01 am
    Yeah.
    When I first got it I would like.. /need/ the computer. At all times. But then after a month I just played it like 3 times a week max.

When a new expansion came out I'd be all "cool let's play a bit more this week to see what it's all about" but I didn't absolutely have to go on because I told my self it wasn't going anywhere.

Then as more expansions came out I played them less and less..
    You just need to understand that there's more important things to do before playing.

OR TELL YOUR MOM TO HIDE IT FROM YOU.

[tofu][rocket]

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:14 am
I think I'm more addicted to downloading for the game than actually playing it. When I first got the original Sims you couldn't peel me away from the computer but now I'm not that fussed. I tend to miss the internet more than my Sims games. If I suddenly can't get online for a long time I get very ratty with all the people around me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:53 pm
I have a download folder over 2.2GB. I think I'm more addicted to downloading then playing the game. @.@

Zanily

Codebreaking Fatcat

10,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

goddess_oraorchid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:40 pm
If it feels good do it baby!!!!

Addiction it's a good thing(at least sometimes)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:46 am
I wouldn't say that I was addictied
but close to it

World of dreams

Royaca

4,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:54 pm
I'm addicted, but not so addicted that I can't do things. I still do my daily things, I exercise, I eat when I get hungry, I spend time with my parents, I call my friends, I take days off to go to the zoo or the movie theater. But during the school year, I just tend not to get around to do my homework. Icky homework.

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games