Welcome to Gaia! ::

Prisoners of Society- An Alternative Music Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply At the Library.-- Favorite Music Magazines & Books.
Cirque Du Freak

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darren Shan
  Hate him
  Neutral
  Love him
  Obsessed
  I'M GONNA SEE THE MOVIE OPENING NIGHT, SEE IT MULTIPLE TIMES, AND BUY ALL THE MERCHANISE I HAVE MONEY FOR!
  I now seek to find vampire mountain
View Results

rayne_phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:29 am
I'm a fan of both of Darren Shan's series so I thought I'd make a thread devoted to his books.

So discuss:
-books
-movies (for Cirque)
-are you going as a character for Halloween?
-anything else Darren Shan related  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:30 pm
Cirque Du Freak was a good book series.
I only read one of them though.
I couldn't find the others, but my friend told me a lot about them.

I didn't know there was a movie.  

BloodDonation

DEAD Rasputin
Crew

1,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:38 pm
>IN LOVE WITH THE SERIES<

i started with book six.

and i went to one, four, two, three, five, seven, eight, nine, ten, 11,12.

so the begining was slightly jumpy.

but it was easy enough to fallow after a while.^__^

fjkalsd;fjklsdaf
i thought darren shawn would be a young guy.
maybe early twenties.

but..
no.....>.<
hes...
him...v.v

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:53 pm
he's awsome, I managed to convice my group in English to pick Ireland (we had to pick a country for 'world lit.' to read a book, short stories, ect.) as our country

rayne_phantom

b0ybands

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:25 pm
I don't like Cirque.
I've never read it, and I would rather not. I know it's judgmental of me, but I picked up a book once, because someone recommended it, and it was all, Tunnels of DEATHHHHH or some s**t like that. And I just couldn't
go through with it. ):  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:43 pm
Izzenai
I don't like Cirque.
I've never read it, and I would rather not. I know it's judgmental of me, but I picked up a book once, because someone recommended it, and it was all, Tunnels of DEATHHHHH or some s**t like that. And I just couldn't
go through with it. ):

They were talking about the bad guys storing bodies in the....er...forgot what they were called.... the...Idk.. big tunnels under towns.. that all the rain water goes into?

*nods*
not my favorite book from the series.
but Debbie comes in in that one i believe.
so it was cute.  

DEAD Rasputin
Crew

1,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200

DEAD Rasputin
Crew

1,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:51 pm
rayne_phantom
he's awsome, I managed to convice my group in English to pick Ireland (we had to pick a country for 'world lit.' to read a book, short stories, ect.) as our country

WE DO THAT QUARTER THREE!
I'm excited.
i think i'll read "slawter"

Lol.
She'll love that!
^______^  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:45 pm
Dr[[Acula]]
rayne_phantom

WE DO THAT QUARTER THREE!
I'm excited.
i think i'll read "slawter"

Lol.
She'll love that!
^______^

We ended up changing our country to russia, and now I managed to convice our teacher to let us read Night Watch  

rayne_phantom

rayne_phantom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:25 pm
Cirque Du Freak three main characters (steve, darren, larten) now casted!!! They're making progress!!! yay!!

Larten Crepsley: John C. Reilly
Darren Shan: Chris J. Kelly
Steve: Josh Hutcherson

offical statment by Darren Shan (Nov. 23rd 2007)
"I know it's a long way off, but I figured it would be nice to give you guys a specific place where you can discuss the "Cirque Du Freak" movie. And this is it!!! Feel free to speculate, analyse and argue away with each other to your heart's content!!! To start you all off, here's the latest film news, which was announced in mid-November 2007:

The Cirque Du Freak movie is due to begin filming in February 2008!!! This is the official announcement from Universal, the company making the film:

“Cirque du Freak” by Darren Shan – Movie Announcement

The “Cirque du Freak” series of bestselling children’s novels by Irish author Darren Shan has been acquired by Universal Pictures and will be adapted for a motion picture of the same name. The film is due to begin shooting in February 2008 in New Orleans under the direction of Paul Weitz (About A Boy, In Good Company), and will star John C. Reilly (Gangs of New York, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story) as Larten Crepsley; Josh Hutcherson (Bridge to Terabithia) as Steve Leonard; and newcomer Chris Kelly as Darren Shan. Weitz is adapting some of the storylines from the novels for the screen. He and Lauren Shuler Donner (X-Men) will produce for their production companies, Depth of Field and The Donner's Company.

There's not much more for me to add, except -- whoopee!!!! There's no telling how the film will turn out, but I think it's in very safe, capable hands, and I'm really excited about the cast so far. I've seen Josh Hutcherson in a number of films (most recently R.V. with Robin Williams), and I've been a BIG John C Reilly fan since I saw him in Boogie Nights -- he never seems to put in anything but an excellent performance.

No release date has yet been set for the movie, so ignore any online rumours you might come across. As soon as I know anything more about that, and about other cast members, I'll include the info in the Shanville Monthly -- I plan to keep fans regularly updated over the next few months. You can also look up Cirque Du Freak on www.imdb.com -- that's where you'll be able to find details about the crew.

I know a lot of you have been dreaming of a Cirque Du Freak movie for a number of years -- I've received emails and letters about it virtually every day since the first book was published back in January 2000! Now, at last, the dream is poised to become a reality -- hurrah!!!!! I hope you're all as psyched about the news as I am! "
Found here: Statment
IMDb page and boards

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:06 am

rayne_phantom

At the Library.-- Favorite Music Magazines & Books.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games