15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Whatever, I only care about the Japanese one
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 13

NachoDude

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:16 pm
Every once in a while, an anime craze sails out of Japan and makes a bigger impact then anyone expected. They sell every kind of merchandise and people of all ages can recognize the names. Basically, those anime are the Spokespersons for dubbed anime, and when anyone unfamiliar with the genre sees it, they assume it is one of those spokespersons. There was Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Yu-Gi-Oh! and now Naruto, each one growing faster then the last, and completely killing the the big surges of popularity of the procedding one. "What could be next?" the fans ask, looking at their favorite Japanese anime and waiting for it to be heavily edited and dubbed for Cartoon Network and soon release an insane, nonsensical card game. So, are these good or bad for the series?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:16 am
Well DBZ and Naruto actually have plots, Yu-Gi-OH and Pokemon are just fads that don't have much staying power as time go by. Poke is still going because it has no real plot just a rerun that's been painted and for some reason people love it even though the Anime is almost as fruity as Bush. The only good thing is that when it becomes a fad, I don't have to import cloths.  

Samurai Senel

greenyoshieggz

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:13 pm
I notice that all you listed is aired on CN. Don't forget about the games - PokeMon [Red, Blue ect] DBZ [Budokai] Yugioh [card game on a screen xd ] and Narutos Clash of Ninja. I've no idea whats going to be next... it's whatever the next generaion of kiddies thinks is cool & popular.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:48 pm
Puma D. John
Well DBZ and Naruto actually have plots

Heh, I wouldn't consider DBZ really having a plot....it was the same thing OVER AND OVER AGAIN......except differnet enemies...and sometimes old enemies revived(Although I am a big fan of DBZ^_^ so I'm definately not bashing the show)  

Nephite Warrior

Newbie Noob

3,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Samurai Senel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:58 am
Nephite Warrior
Puma D. John

Heh, I wouldn't consider DBZ really having a plot....it was the same thing OVER AND OVER AGAIN......except differnet enemies...and sometimes old enemies revived(Although I am a big fan of DBZ^_^ so I'm definately not bashing the show)

Yea but millions of people died over and over in that series so that make's it better.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:06 pm
Hmm....new anime that would be the next Naruto...well, what anime are out there that has more than 26 eps and is aimed for little children?  

Honh

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:17 am
Yu-Gi-Oh! did too have a plot! Not much of one, I admit, but it was still there.
As for Pokemon, I liked another series that was on around the same time better. Digimon all the way!

I do wonder which new series will become the next big thing, though. Doraemon is a stretch, but plausable. I mean, it's aimed at kids, is very long running (the anime since the '70s!), and out lived it's creator!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:36 am
Uhm... I would say Rurouni Kenshin.. But that's already run it's life...
Bleach, maybe?
It's pretty big already.

You can always tell that it's a fad when merch shows up in Hot Topic.

F ! Z Z L E `

Historical

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:42 pm
User Image

They've already showed both those series.
Bleach is still going on but Rurouni Kenshin died out when I was like......9?

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:35 pm
Puma D. John
Nephite Warrior
Puma D. John

Yea but millions of people died over and over in that series so that make's it better.

Hurray for the senseless genocide and massacres ^-^  

Seiryn Arcess Rynthryx

650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

F ! Z Z L E `

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:22 pm
Historical
User Image

They've already showed both those series.
Bleach is still going on but Rurouni Kenshin died out when I was like......9?

User Image

Haha, me too.

I think that the next shojo series that they put on the TV will probably be really big.

Like, uhm... Oran High Host Club...
Or something of that nature...

Either that or... Well, I can't think of anything.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:08 am
User Image

I vote for The Best Student Council. >:B

User Image

Historical

Historical

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:15 am
F ! Z Z L E `

Haha, me too.

I think that the next shojo series that they put on the TV will probably be really big.

Like, uhm... Oran High Host Club...
Or something of that nature...

Either that or... Well, I can't think of anything.
User Image

I remember you from MPL.
:O

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:31 pm
What I have to laugh at is that all the anime that has been dubbed by 4Kids and made for like 7 year olds. . .was not originally made for that age genre. Shaman King and One Piece for example. . .were killed by 4Kids and I'm so happy that One Piece has been taken up by Funimation now. As for what series will become the next big thing in the USA. . .well. . .who knows. . .I'd say Bleach but it's already airing on Adult Swim. I think Naruto will stay a big thing for a LOOONG time. . .we're not even half way through the series as of yet. . .it'll take like 2 years before we catch up with Naruto in Japan. . .though the manga will catch up to Shippuden now by January. . .thank god!  

AoiMizuTenshi

Naruto Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff