Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lobster Shovers United

Back to Guilds

We shove lobsters 

Tags: lobsters, seafood, pooping, oregon 

Reply #32- Wildlife conservation-Animal talk forum!
SAVE THE SEALS!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Flateyrarhreppur
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:09 am
copy and paste this on your myspace bulletin it only works on myspace please do it SAVE THE SEALS!

wtf canada and norway

"we" animals are all gods creatures, have some ******** respect!

How would you like it to be whacked hard over the head as a "sport"!?

Norway and Canada have a new kind of tourism. Killing baby seals. They call it a "sport"..

You want to call this a sport ?

Is he a sportsman?

Why?

You're our only hope !!!

This barbarism shouldnt be possible in our society..

Dont turn your back on us, we are defenseless

I know these images seem painful for you, but we feel the pain. We are being slaughtered and its going on RIGHT NOW...

What gives him the right to kill us? Who is he to decide about life and death?

What kind of sport is this? I didnt harm anyone. I was just swimming around..

Please help me and my friends...

You cant just ignore these images.. Keeping silent and doing nothing makes you guilty...

Please help us

Please dont leave us alone...

STOP THE KILLING OF SEALS

You can make a statement by

reposting this to get as many people as you can

to repost this.

Bring these murderers to the attention

of world leaders.

Thank you!!!!

Sponsored Link: Need More Friends/Adds On MySpace.com?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:17 pm
I would if I had a MySpace... sorry mate!  

austringer

sassdoog

Destitute Millionaire

6,700 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:14 pm
i dont have a myspace.
save the sealsUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:37 pm
I ish sorry.But me no have MehSpace.But me says Meh LUV al amimals!!! mrgreen  

[Misty Katchum]

Teleninn
Crew

Dapper Deckhand

6,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:37 pm
Save them from what?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:09 am
i would if i could, but i dont have myspace.  

fudgemaster_d
Crew

mel_rox21plus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:26 am
i will definatly do that  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:52 am
Teleninn
Save them from what?
Some people club the babys to death for a sport. and alot are killed just for their fur so alot of them are dieing out.

Just like tigers, tapia's and many other animals that are getting killed off due to peoples greed.

loopylemur
Crew

Teleninn
Crew

Dapper Deckhand

6,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:03 am
loopylemur
Teleninn
Save them from what?
Some people club the babys to death for a sport. and alot are killed just for their fur so alot of them are dieing out.

Just like tigers, tapia's and many other animals that are getting killed off due to peoples greed.

I made that post just to see that answer. I understand and respect the opinion that most people hold of that view of the seal hunt, but that isn't the whole truth and in many cases is about as far from the truth as you can get.

I live in Newfoundland and know people whose parents participate in the seal hunt when that season comes around. And although I cannot speak for other places where this hunt is practiced, I know that here in Newfoundland, much has been done to ensure that it is a hunt, and not a sport.

The babies are off limits at all times, there is a law that says so, and the fine for breaking this law is enormous. I realize that the definition of baby is based on the colour of the fur, and that the colour changes quite rapidly, but for the most part the young are classed as babies until the time when they pass Newfoundland and the ice is no longer safe for the hunt, meaning they will survive another year.

Also, here at least, a seal is never killed only for the fur. To do so is criminal, and again there is an enormous fine for leaving a corspe behind after stripping it for the fur. Every single part of a seal is used if they are killed during the hunt. The fur being the most obvious, but the meat is eaten (and popular here as well), the fat is used for oil (at one time for lamps, now for lubricant) and the bones are used, usually for arts and crafts sculptures.

Clubbing has not happened for several decades, and even that was more humane then is usually portrayed. Yes, it was basically a bat, but there was a nail on the end to make sure the animal did not suffer - it was killed instantly. Nowadays they used guns, the same as any other hunt.

I do not aim here to convince you to like the hunt if you do not wish to see it's merits. But I do hope that you at least might understand it a little more and not be prejudiced against something that is a part of my culture.  
#32- Wildlife conservation-Animal talk forum!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games